Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Can and Robertson were far too slow today. 

Hopefully that's the closeout to a nightmare weekend and my teams start winning again.  Any of them really.

Lallana right back into form missing from 2 feet in front of the goal lol

Funny old game. Beat the best one week. Lose the worst the next. 

Not sure how Bobby's header stayed out like the end but overall that was pretty, what's the word ..... ****E! . 

18 unbeaten. 55 scored. Then blanked by Swansea. That's football. 

Onto West Brom and the Cup. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

29 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Funny old game. Beat the best one week. Lose the worst the next. 

Not sure how Bobby's header stayed out like the end but overall that was pretty, what's the word ..... ****E! . 

18 unbeaten. 55 scored. Then blanked by Swansea. That's football. 

Onto West Brom and the Cup. 

Hail. 

Life in the Premier League in a nutshell. We may not have the most easy on the eye football at times but teams will fight and claw you like no other league in the world.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Life in the Premier League in a nutshell. We may not have the most easy on the eye football at times but teams will fight and claw you like no other league in the world.  

Pretty much mate. Another reason you’d love r bezzie mate Fred. He thinks the Bundesliga is streets ahead and not a one team dominated league down to that one sides finacial dominance over everyone else.

Prettt much why I’m reticent to really nark at last night. Yeah, no question L’pool we’re collectively woeful. Nobody on the pitch was above a 5/10. Most worse than that. Just one of them when the whole side, manager included, isn’t on it. But this is the same gang of lads who’ve been getting plaudits all over for an 18 game unbeaten run and the different styles of football they’ve displayed through that. 

**** happens. That’s footy.  Onto the Cup.

Hail. 

Blackburn are 16 unbeaten in the league and now sit in 2nd only two points behind Wigan.  Our joint top scorer is defender Charlie Mulgrew with 11.  On an impeccable run and a positive vibe back around Ewood that hasn't been there for the entirety of the Venky's tenure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Scotsman who has played a long time for Celtic.  He can play in midfield, too, but has been an outstanding defender and captain.  He made his way to Blackburn because he's had a career of injuries.  I think he's better than a League 1 talent but glad to have him.  He takes our free kicks and penalties which is what has upped his goal tally.

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Blackburn are 16 unbeaten in the league and now sit in 2nd only two points behind Wigan.  Our joint top scorer is defender Charlie Mulgrew with 11.  On an impeccable run and a positive vibe back around Ewood that hasn't been there for the entirety of the Venky's tenure.

Do you rate Marcus Antonsson?

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Pretty much mate. Another reason you’d love r bezzie mate Fred. He thinks the Bundesliga is streets ahead and not a one team dominated league down to that one sides finacial dominance over everyone else.

Prettt much why I’m reticent to really nark at last night. Yeah, no question L’pool we’re collectively woeful. Nobody on the pitch was above a 5/10. Most worse than that. Just one of them when the whole side, manager included, isn’t on it. But this is the same gang of lads who’ve been getting plaudits all over for an 18 game unbeaten run and the different styles of football they’ve displayed through that. 

**** happens. That’s footy.  Onto the Cup.

Hail. 

I don't see anyone running away with 2nd/3rd place anyway. Should be interesting though with 4 clubs competing for 3 spots. 

• Thanks 1

Lemar decides to join Liverpool

"Thomas Lemar has talked with Liverpool and, according to sources close to the France international, decided to join from AS Monaco assuming a transfer fee can be agreed with the Ligue 1 club. Liverpool bid for Lemar – who is also on Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho’s shortlist – in the summer window, only to be gazumped by a €95m deadline-day offer from Arsenal."

Be aware, many of Monaco top players wind up being busts elsewhere (Kurzawa, Kondogbia, Germain, Rothen, James Rodriguez, ....). See Mendy to ManC, I warned a ManC fan about the guy being injury prone. Back to Lemar, here is his injuries record (G translated).

15 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Do you rate Marcus Antonsson?

He's not played much in the past month.  I think that might have to do with the attacking depth that Rovers have right now.  He was one of our main strikers at the beginning of the year and was scoring goals and then moved him to the left wing and he's been providing assists.  He had a really good run of form in October or November and I remember a lot of talk from fans wanting to sign him to a permanent deal around that time.  I think he's looked really good in League 1 (7 goals and 4 assists in like 20 games or something).  The fact he's played so much I think is a testament to him because Rovers seem to get a lot of loanees that they don't end up playing much.  

• Like 1