Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 hours ago, DC9 said:

So Pep is over a billion added to a side thats won the league and made the semis in champions league...

And he's won nothing yet.  But all of a sudden he's fantastic....cause City might do the quadruple.

How about this.  If you don't get at least a treble you should go to prison for embezzlement.

Right.

I guess Mahrez is off.  Still... when exactly does FFP kick in?

Round of 16 but yeah. Just remember they don’t have money to compete with others according Pep though.

First of a brilliant new freebie to share from the Wrap lads that just had me pulled over the side of the road welling up. Such is the reverence you have for someone who will always be one the greatest Human beings to ever grace the face of the Earth to myself and many thousands more. Such are the memory's from that time that are still as raw as ever whenever they get triggered. Sheffield destroyed a large part of us all we'll sadly never get back. 

Anyway, sad but belter of an audio documentary.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2018/02/taw-moments-time-kenny-dalglish-leaves-liverpool/

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

For small clubs. :kickcan: #NotJoking

Actually had that convo with my brother in law the other day.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Link to something decent people can read hey and that not that low life POS. 

Ta. 

Hail. 

I'm not sure if he did it on purpose or not.  That's the funny thing.

28 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I'm not sure if he did it on purpose or not.  That's the funny thing.

Nah. Honest mistake. Wrong of me to expect American's to realise/ know about that piss poor excuse for a newspaper and all the lives it continues to ruin by the depths it continues to sink to. 

15 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Thank you. 

Don't see what there really is to nark at there. It's not like he's complaining or asking for more to be spent. He's just answering a stupid question about a never before (in England) achieved quadruple in one season. Whilst taking pressure off his players who are, as I type, still in with a chance of making history and achieving that. 

I know you don't particularly like him from all you posted when he was at Munich but the way you framed that initial post was a little naughty and misleading. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Meant to write a few words on this the other day. Wednesday was the 10 year anniversary of the L'pool supporters union the Spirit of Shankly. 

AnjniNie_bigger.jpgSpirit of Shankly‏ @spiritofshanklyFollowFollow

@spiritofshankly

More

#OnThisDay: 31st January 2008. 350 supporters met in The Sandon. Angry at the broken promises from Hicks and Gillett, and wanting to give supporters a voice, Spirit of Shankly was formed.What 
a 10 years it has been #SOS10

From those humble beginnings of supporters finally having enough at how our club was being destroyed, the wonderful efforts of the SOS have helped bring about a few of these things and more. Np just for the benefit of Liverpool fans but football fans Nationwide as a whole: 

The removal of those absolute charlatans Hicks and Gillette with all the protests and demo marches/ stay behinds after marches until they were finally forced out of the club. 

Set up the first Nationwide meetings of supporters trusts from different clubs to have one unilateral fan voice to add to the FSF. The initial one in London and the marches on the PL HQ were special. 

Organised the boycott of the away game at Hull where L'pool fans were being charged more than double what Everton fans (and many other clubs) had been charged there earlier in the season to highlight the disparity in prices charged. 

Along with Spion Kop 1906, galvanised the support in a week to walkout against Sunderland on 77 minutes to let it be known we wouldn't stand to be massively exploited anymore. Which shook the other 19 PL clubs to their core and lead to a swift unanimous vote turnaround on dropping away match tickets to a £30 maximum for 3 straight years when there'd been no shift in that direction prior. 

Helped massively in raising funds and raising awareness/ getting the club involved in getting Michael Shields back free from Bulgaria and that complete injustice. 

Opened dialogue with the club and met with the owners multiple times, leading to the L'pool Supporters Committee, helping get cheaper local tickets/ more kids tickets and better fan representation with the club.

Protested against Barclays Bank in L'pool, meeting with them to get them to look at supporter issues Nationwide with all the money Barclays put in the game. 

Got SOS reps onto the FSF National Council. The first point of call for many supporters experiencing problems/ police trouble et all home and abroad. 

Brought the club, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, and the Hillsborough Family Support Group together for the first time to have productive discussions on safe standing after balloting members and putting survivors/ general fans views forward on a still naturally raw subject in Liverpool. 

Laid on cheap, safe away travel pretty much everywhere the last 10 years. 

Added current Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell as a member, and being Labour leader Corbyn's main adviser on football supporter issues. McDonnell stood the Kop in solidarity with the foodbank campaign and the blacklisting campaign lads (who the SOS helped bring together the HJC/ Shrewsbury Justice/ Orgreavve Justice campaigns against 
Carrillion and the main stand workers disgrace. 2 years before others really took up speaking out against that company and workers rights :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaAWgZDdvKY), was a great show of Political solidarity. 

Helped set up 'Fans Supporting Foodbanks', now a staple at L'pool and Everton that is spreading Countrywide. 

Along with both representing and fighting for many Liverpool fans who have trouble with/ bans from the club over the years in various, often unjust, occurrences and all points in between. 

Pretty much everything a Union should do for its members and a glowing example of how fan power can work against all-powerful football clubs if you have everyone together acting as one. Football doesn't wear colours when it comes to supporter issues and now more than ever representation from major, prominent supporter groups like the SOS giving that voice and organising/ mobilising people to bring about change is badly needed. Solidarity in unity. 

Here's to the next 10 years and football continuing to slowly swing back more in fans favour.

Hail. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
hmm...

Honestly the dude is unlucky - no other way to say it.  Ran into some hands and some posts.  The goals will come.  He's not like Balotelli where he's not working, he's just unlucky.

And Calvert-Lewin just dove just like the "pen" at Anfield and it wasn't given - weird...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a seed of doubt in my mind but I'm not nervous.  We'll see.

That game at Wembley was the worst showing in years - we literally didn't get off the bus.  If they show up ready to do the reverse the right way then we're looking at some separation.