Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So the use of TV is illegal and since Moss said he wasn't sure ON VIDEO, and his linesman wasn't sure either and Moss awarded the pen ANYWAYS, since the ball deflected off of Lovren it was a clear pen. 

Right.

And Karius saved that one.

What's the latest on the second one? 

Cause you know... the **** show happened twice...

Is it sinking in that the ****ing ref said he wasn't sure TWICE and awarded the pen TWICE yet? 

• Thanks 1

At 33 going on 34 and having been a United fan since the age of 6, all I know of the Busby Babes comes from books and articles. It's a selfish way of thinking but I still can't help but wonder if history would be written any different with the addition of George Best to the 58 team as it was 60 years ago today. 

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

So the use of TV is illegal and since Moss said he wasn't sure ON VIDEO, and his linesman wasn't sure either and Moss awarded the pen ANYWAYS, since the ball deflected off of Lovren it was a clear pen. 

Right.

And Karius saved that one.

What's the latest on the second one? 

Cause you know... the **** show happened twice...

Is it sinking in that the ****ing ref said he wasn't sure TWICE and awarded the pen TWICE yet? 

Of the handful or so of camera angles only one shows indisputable evidence that it should have been a penalty. If you subscribe to the theory that that angle happened to be the linesman's angle too then it's a penalty but it wasn't given straight away so I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Of the handful or so of camera angles only one shows indisputable evidence that it should have been a penalty. If you subscribe to the theory that that angle happened to be the linesman's angle too then it's a penalty but it wasn't given straight away so I'm not sure. 

It was just odd that you had him not take the linos advice on the first pen and then waive off the second and take the linos advice on it.

The whole thing stinks.

To get two that could've gone either way in the span of 5-10 minutes that decided the game was just odd and the way it went down didn't help.

EDIT:  The reasoning also said "Moss was in a good position" on the Kane pen... but when he got to the sideline he said he wasn't sure and had to ask for TV help from Atkinson.

So their full of ****....  Whatever helps Harry Kane stay at Spurs I guess... National treasure and all.

Edited by DC9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Morrison J said:

This puts it to bed anyway. Decision was the correct one even if they made a bit of a balls of the process in giving it. Wonder if Klopp will come out and apologise for not knowing the rules of the game and wrongly calling the referee inadequate.

So, both current senior and ex-professional referee's can't even agree on a seriously flawed, poorly written law. But you determine that you're right and Klopp should apologise. 

Then the PGMOL release a ridiculous, fluff PR statement covering their member, basically saying 'Hi. I'm Jon Moss.When I said TV  I didn't have a ****ing clue what I was doing Sunday Anfield. And now I'm flat out lying after saying I never seen the incident at the match I now remember I did. It was a L'pool player but I don't remember which one but yer know? No biggie right?....',  

Incompetence at the highest level and complete and utter fabrication to sweep it under the carpet yet you're 'satisfied' that 'puts it to bed.'  

But you don't, that's DON'T, have ANY kind of agenda. 'No Sir! Not I. I'm a fair and impartial poster who just calls it how I see it. '

Never mind Eddie Smart the linesman. You're straight out of Billy Smart's Circus lad. One of the biggest clowns around. A complete parody of yourself and someone who's repeated B/S narrative is that transparent you can see right through you.

Feel free to consider that more insults to your precious little ego Princess. The rest of us will see you for what you are. A continued troll. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

What the actual **** Adam that's a kid!!! Hahaha.

Oh get him the **** out of here....

Being honest full marks on the choke.  He went for the air instead of the carotid artery - so he wanted to kill the boy.  Great technique, clawed the fingers and then assisted with the head push to speed up the process.  I give it a rookie's 8 out of 10.  I can make him better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What I don't see discussed here is when Kane is in an offside position he is clearly influencing play as he is on Lovren's back when he attempts to play the ball. A player in an offside position influencing play is deemed offside. That's a rule too yer know.

The fact that the AR did not even raise his flag is the most egregious part of this entire fiasco.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how Chelsea are in this mess with SUCH a strong spine to that side the side they're immediately chasing don't have but regardless .....

Yay. Just super. 

What should have been a great weekend left sat a game out of second, with a 3 point lead over Chelsea in fourth and 2 game lead over Tottenham in fifth; is completely different thanks to Tottenham's cheating and the complete incompetence of Moss and his mates falling for it. 

But we have no right to be pissed. Got it. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

One final note: my compliments to the infosec wing of the Liverpool fanbase for striking back against Tottenham.

Has to be digital these days - they've stopped bringint their mom's around.

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

One step closer to John Terry being named Chelsea manager?

I think Conte stays for a bit.  Their fixture list the next month is brutal.

If not - it's Rodgers for me.  Jose disciple who had a run at a big club and now has a confidence boosting run in Scotland.

Tweet of the day.  Well done Arsenal Fan TV

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

At 33 going on 34 and having been a United fan since the age of 6, all I know of the Busby Babes comes from books and articles. It's a selfish way of thinking but I still can't help but wonder if history would be written any different with the addition of George Best to the 58 team as it was 60 years ago today.

Bad manners from us earlier being in the thick of the refs - my apologies for that. 

YNWA.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Bad manners from us earlier being in the thick of the refs - my apologies for that. 

YNWA.

No worries it was 60 years ago other than GHH who was probably in his 30s at the time nobody was around to be effected by it. I'd be seething too in your place the last time I remember something like that happening to United was at Stamford Bridge in 2010 or 2011. Can't say Martin Atkinson's passion for all things Chelsea has faded much. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1