Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He's apparently turned Newcastle down to West Bromwich being closer to his birthplace of Birmingham and all his family being there.

But it's utter madness to me regardless from L'pool's POV. As good a move as that is for Daniel and WBA. You're just a Firmino injury away from quite possibly being in a World of ****. With a very raw Solanke or a nowhere near fully rehabilitated Ings (not convinced he's got the quality for the top level to start with) potentially having to start a run of PL games. Or worse, a big CL QF/ SF. If it came down to that, you'd roll with Sturridge ANY day of the week. Aside from not being able to really rest Bobby and risking running into the ground until his legs fall off again like last season. 

If there's no quality front three replacement coming in this has been a terrible January where we've weakened ourselves from a position of strength going in when we should have added and built on that. 

Hail. 

It’s pretty apparent that the goal is top 4. Liverpool May become the new Arsenal if they’re not careful. I’m sure it’s karma for all the **** we give to Gooners!!

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Surely this would mean someone is coming in before February? SURELY?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/daniel-sturridge-close-to-loan-switch-from-liverpool-to-newcastle-united-zk3789d90

Hail. 

No one is coming in January. Naby will be touted as the summer’s big signing and another diamond in the rough will be brought in to compete for starting keeper.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

I'm starting to become an FSG out guy.

Literally looks like a move just to save money.  I don't have anything else for that. 

If no one is coming in and the Red Sox are in on a bunch of players so they can finish second to the Yankees, then I don't have anything to defend FSG.

Only a few teams have limitless funds. Unfortunately the title will bounce back and forth between City and Chelsea for a while. Maybe they should come up with a system where clubs would have to uses their finances fairly so everyone has a chance to play...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jobaga said:

Only a few teams have limitless funds. Unfortunately the title will bounce back and forth between City and Chelsea for a while. Maybe they should come up with a system where clubs would have to uses their finances fairly so everyone has a chance to play...

Well, at the minute Chelsea look like they're trying to pull a Roy Hogson while at Liverpool.  But I agree 100%.

Just very disappointed in the execution of this window and for disappointed in FSG overall.  Sell.

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That's been the goal for anyone not called Manchester City since before the season began. 

Hail. 

They were so good before and then Pep spends a billion in the last three windows... If he doesn't win the quadruple he's a fraud.

2 minutes ago, jobaga said:

I’m talking long term...not just this season.

I'm not even sure we wouldn't rate that after this.

All of the typical snake oil salesmen are out with the "Klopp is going to spend big this summer" and I just don't see it.

I see 143 million paying for Keita and VVD.  Then I see.... nothing.  He's net profitted every single window he's been here and the Red Sox are trying to spend the ****ing Phil money on JD Martinez.

I've ****ing had it.  Get them out.

Just so they can finish a distant second to the Yankees might I add*

• Like 1

Great move for Daniel. P all over anything West Brom have.

Great move for Albion. Keep him healthy and you've one of the best strikers the league. 
Massive advantage over the teams the bottom a relegation battle. 

We'll see what happens or not between now and 11 PM GMT Wednesday as regards whether this is a good or bad/ risky move for L'pool.

Hail. 

The point still stands. 

Everyone is a LONG way behind City with 5 similar teams playing for 2 through 4.

Hail. 

Agreed! I think City and Chelsea will continue to dominate the BPL as long as they continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money year in and year out...

1 hour ago, jobaga said:

Agreed! I think City and Chelsea will continue to dominate the BPL as long as they continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money year in and year out...

Don't see Chelsea dominating much of anything personally. In all probability, Conte will be back in Italy next season. Heck knows where they turn there? And I don't see their squad as significantly stronger than any of the other 5. City excepted. Whether it's down to the new ground or whatever, Abramovich has noticeably cut back their spending over recent years. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Don't see Chelsea dominating much of anything personally. In all probability, Conte will be back in Italy next season. Heck knows where they turn there? And I don't see their squad as significantly stronger than any of the other 5. City excepted. Whether it's down to the new ground or whatever, Abramovich has noticeably cut back their spending over recent years. 

Hail. 

John Terry? 

• Haha 1

biOCEg9Z_reasonably_small.jpg

Chris Williams

@Chris78Williams

Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in each of their last six meetings in all competitions with Huddersfield Town – the last Liverpool goalkeeper to concede to a Terrier was Jim Furnell back in April 1962. #HUDLIV 

DUyFPkSXcAA8_wS?format=jpg&name=orig

0:36 am · 30 Jan 2018

Huddersfield. Meet Loris Karius. One shot on goal should end that.

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I am not sure we have a keeper whose made a save in four or five matches.  Not an impressive one anyway.

Karius has a worse save percentage than Rob Green on his worst day.  It's like in the 20s. 

• Sad 1

MUST win game. And Sunday. We CAN'T afford to get into a dogfight with Tottenham. Really can't understate the importance of tonight. Get yer collective heads out yer backsides Reds and get back to working hard. Match these for effort and we'll be back on track breathing down Utd's neck. Tip up like the last two thinking yers only have to turn up to win, forgetting the hard graft that dogged out a string of wins against sides like this, and the gloom will continue. 

Fearing a naughty one tonight. Not only long memory's from the last time there 18 years back the Cup tie and what went down that day. But Utd getting a load of **** there and legged all over earlier this year from a gang of lads with a lower league mentality still living the dark ages. 

Oh what joy.

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Agreed.  But if we don't win today and we slip out of the top 5... I'm ready with pages of these:

We WILL be entertained one way or the other.  I owe that to my fam.  YNWA.

Madness. Just at a loss with everything regarding L’pool right now kid. WTF is Klopp doing letting them all attend a farewell party hosted by Coutinho after the game tonight?

And ****ing Clyne on some US Hip-hop show in Miami. Yers supposed to be getting treatment FFS!

It's all rapidly going to ****!

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Madness. Just at a loss with everything regarding L’pool right now kid. WTF is Klopp doing letting them all attend a farewell party hosted by Coutinho after the game tonight?

And ****ing Clyne on some US Hip-hop show in Miami. Yers supposed to be getting treatment FFS!

It's all rapidly going to ****!

Hail. 

VVD injured too? 

Could not go down hill worse.  January isn't our month is it?

• Sad 1

I think the question, like PSG/ CITY et all, is more 'do they care? They are making their money. F Human rights!' 

amnestypress

Qatar: Does Bayern Munich know about the conditions of migrant workers in its Doha winter training camp? #FCBayern (link: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2016/03/qatar-world-cup-of-shame/) amnesty.org/en/latest/camp…

Embedded
Hail. 

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Can/should you really be trying to control what grown men do "off the clock"? Im assuming the farewell party is in Liverpool?

It's more disappointing than anything.  The players are in an awful run of form and they want to do **** like go on a TV show or throw a party for a recently sold teammate who couldn't wait 5 months to leave and now apparently wants his moment in the sun.

That's infuriating. 

Again, if you're winning no one cares.  If you're losing and sitting on a pile of money or in this case watching the Red Sox spend it, then it gets worse than that.  And boy if they lose today I'll probably unplug for a few days.

6 minutes ago, DC9 said:

It's more disappointing than anything.  The players are in an awful run of form and they want to do **** like go on a TV show or throw a party for a recently sold teammate who couldn't wait 5 months to leave and now apparently wants his moment in the sun.

That's infuriating. 

Again, if you're winning no one cares.  If you're losing and sitting on a pile of money or in this case watching the Red Sox spend it, then it gets worse than that.  And boy if they lose today I'll probably unplug for a few days.

I can see that.

Yeah I have unplugged for months while dealing with the suck that is Redskins, US soccer, and Everton. It was helpful. :kickcan::chair:

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Can/should you really be trying to control what grown men do "off the clock"? Im assuming the farewell party is in Liverpool?

The prick refused to play and went on strike twice. Disrupted the changies to such an extent by all accounts that he virtually made it impossible to keep him as he forced through his move. He didn't want to play for the football club at all. 

And now the players and staff are all friendly and partying with him? You don't see what's inherently wrong there?

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The prick refused to play and went on strike twice. Disrupted the changies to such an extent by all accounts that he virtually made it impossible to keep him as he forced through his move. He didn't want to play for the football club at all. 

And now the players and staff are all friendly and partying with him? You don't see what's inherently wrong there?

Hail. 

Oh I see that for sure, completely understandable as a fan. I guess I was just saying Klopp cant really control what grown men do off the clock regardless.