Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

9 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I'm not saying he should want to stay in Liverpool... you're missing the whole point of what I'm saying though.  Courtois is 4 years younger than him and he's never going to be benched for Mignolet in the Belgium team.  It doesn't matter if he's a number 1 keeper or not.

If he wants to be a number 1 keeper somewhere else that's another story.  Sounds like he does.

I think you're missing my point. No sane person would ever thing that Mignolet will push Courtois to be Belguim's #1. I'm saying his hold on the #2 spot is tenuous at best. He needs to prove himself before he finds himself fighting for the third spot. The only way he can do that is to play and perform for another club. He has always been a good to great shot stopper...he just sucks at everything else!

Mignolet is making the Belgium WC squad regardless whether he plays another second this season. (And it still scares the living P out of me he might now be the CL keeper. I want to have a good go at winning that!). 

And tgeres every probability he’d stay as the number 2.

Belgium don’t have options. Mignolet talking about being worried the WC is just lip-service. 

None-debate here lads.

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Far be it from me to give props to Chelsea but that would have been an absolute travesty if Norwich had won the tie.  

Absolutely shambolic officiating. If Scott's the future then officiating is well and truly F-ed. Same bellend that disallowed what should have been Solanke's first top-flight English goal West Brom his first PL game before Chrimbo. And he's patently not improved any. And as if he wasn't a big enough disgrace, the clowns watching the VAR couldn't even get bang obvious decisions in real time, let alone on replay, right. 

Shambolic disgrace. 

And over in Germany, even the players are against the VAR experiment now! 

uUjaFK0u_bigger.jpgRaphael HonigsteinVerified account @honigsteinFollowFollow
@honigstein

More

Raphael Honigstein Retweeted Oliver Wurm

47 per cent of Bundesliga players say VAR should be abolished. (Source: @kicker)

9:06 am - 8 Jan 2018

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mignolet is making the Belgium WC squad regardless whether he plays another second this season. (And it still scares the living P out of me he might now be the CL keeper. I want to have a good go at winning that!). 

And tgeres every probability he’d stay as the number 2.

Belgium don’t have options. Mignolet talking about being worried the WC is just lip-service. 

None-debate here lads.

Hail.

Truth is: I really don’t care if he makes the Belgium squad. I don’t care that he wants to leave. He’s not going to be our problem soon and that makes me happy...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jobaga said:

I think you're missing my point. No sane person would ever thing that Mignolet will push Courtois to be Belguim's #1. I'm saying his hold on the #2 spot is tenuous at best. He needs to prove himself before he finds himself fighting for the third spot. The only way he can do that is to play and perform for another club. He has always been a good to great shot stopper...he just sucks at everything else!

I guess I'm saying the same thing GHH is saying - he's going to make the wold cup roster - but it doesn't matter if he does or not cause he's never going to play.

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Far be it from me to give props to Chelsea but that would have been an absolute travesty if Norwich had won the tie.  

Absolutely shambolic officiating. If Scott's the future then officiating is well and truly F-ed. Same bellend that disallowed what should have been Solanke's first top-flight English goal West Brom his first PL game before Chrimbo. And he's patently not improved any. And as if he wasn't a big enough disgrace, the clowns watching the VAR couldn't even get bang obvious decisions in real time, let alone on replay, right. 

Shambolic disgrace. 

And over in Germany, even the players are against the VAR experiment now! 

uUjaFK0u_bigger.jpgRaphael HonigsteinVerified account @honigsteinFollowFollow
@honigstein

More

Raphael Honigstein Retweeted Oliver Wurm

47 per cent of Bundesliga players say VAR should be abolished. (Source: @kicker)

9:06 am - 8 Jan 2018

Hail. 

Take it from Americans... who invented replay - it doesn't work.

Just realized we haven't talked about Marko getting his loan spell at Cardiff.  I'm excited to watch the second half of the season in the Championship now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Just realized we haven't talked about Marko getting his loan spell at Cardiff.  I'm excited to watch the second half of the season in the Championship now.

Yeah, not sure about him going to play under that absolute anti-football ****house Warnock like. 

But then he'll defo toughen up and learn to be a btard. And you can never have enough of them in your side. 

Oh, whilst I'm thinking on, this Sanchez/ Mikhitarian deal .....

..... That's Utd's 'supposed' key bargaining chip with Dortmund for Pulisic going to Arsenal. :D

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah, not sure about him going to play under that absolute anti-football ****house Warnock like. 

But then he'll defo toughen up and learn to be a btard. And you can never have enough of them in your side. 

Oh, whilst I'm thinking on, this Sanchez/ Mikhitarian deal .....

..... That's Utd's 'supposed' key bargaining chip with Dortmund for Pulisic going to Arsenal. :D

Hail. 

Got into it with some Leeds fans upset they didn't get the loan on twitter yesterday (via Marty).  They were like "Why fight with several European clubs to bring him in and then loan him out to Warnock?" and I basically said he won't get any time in the current 11 and I'm pretty sure Klopp sees him as a 6 - so a spell down there to learn defense will be fantastic for him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@DC9 ..... A young South American signed and nottin' ..... Are you deep undercover again killing baddies with one finger and having to suppress your excitement?

Hail. 

Haven't seen it announced by anyone?  Is he academy young?

Nah I'm watching Chelsea get all of the calls against Brighton at the moment - trying to find a way out of my niece's birthday party today but I'll probably go, lol.

That second Chelsea goal was class, though.  Wow.

Anderson Arroyo?  Can't say I've heard of him.

I'm more in on the Brasilians and the Chileans.  Haven't paid much attention to the Colombian side of the business in a while.  Left back?

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Haven't seen it announced by anyone?  Is he academy young?

He'll need a loan like for WP purposes. But I know how much you like those South Americans: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonEdwardsSAF/status/954398344754888704

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonEdwardsSAF/status/954402989497896960

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He'll need a loan like for WP purposes. But I know how much you like those South Americans: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonEdwardsSAF/status/954398344754888704

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonEdwardsSAF/status/954402989497896960

Hail. 

I've grown cold the last month or so... weird.  Sign all the Africans, lol.

Yeah, this one looks to go the way of Allan.  Someone for the distant future.

• Haha 1

Well that was another ugly win. Scoreline could have been a little more aesthetically pleasing with a little more composure in the final third but three points is three points. Pogba has to show a little bit more mental toughness in these games and not let teams get in his head. Not sure where Mourinho is getting the idea of playing Jesse Lingard in this box to box/10 hybrid role he had Oscar play in at Chelsea. Industry is one thing but Lingard doesn't have the guile and quick thinking it takes to excel in that role. Hopefully Sanchez can bring some more decisiveness in the final third. 

On another note, good to see David Silva back as much as I can't stand the team he plays on. One of the best of his era and seems like a solid human being to boot. Hope his little one born prematurely and his wife are doing ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sanchez transfer is gonna upset the Utd locker room. You can already see it. 

Bayern wrapping up Goretzka was a very good move. That kid can be anchor for the next decade with some development. I’d like to see us jump in for Malcom next. Gotta address the RW position even if Robben is playing well. The squad is definitely getting much younger which is very good. I been waiting for Bayern to start working on this for awhile. I assume we’ll sell Vidal to get a good winger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Sanchez transfer is gonna upset the Utd locker room. You can already see it. 

Bayern wrapping up Goretzka was a very good move. That kid can be anchor for the next decade with some development. I’d like to see us jump in for Malcom next. Gotta address the RW position even if Robben is playing well. The squad is definitely getting much younger which is very good. I been waiting for Bayern to start working on this for awhile. I assume we’ll sell Vidal to get a good winger.

Not exactly sure what this is based on. The way they played yesterday isn't something new this year. Some games they attack very well and some games they look completely disjointed. It's usually an unknown how a Jan transfer will fit in but what is it exactly that you see?

10 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Sanchez was a turnover machine this season at Arsenal. Not good for United's counters.

There's a few reasons to question this move but Sanchez's quality isn't one of them. I'm always weary of bringing in a player after a move to his preferred destination fell apart which is my major concern here. United's quality in the final third has been wildly inconsistent this year and one of the main things holding them back. The lack guile and creativity when Pogba went out was alarming. 

Unexpected and excellent result from Southampton. And a subtle reminder, not that we need one, that there's NO easy games this league before we play the bottom side tomorrow. 

Superb opportunity to move 2 games clear of Tottenham again now in the race for second with them to come to r's in a couple of weeks. 

Very good Sunday.

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

United got a great player in Sanchez. Pretty sure he really wanted to go to City though.

Still don't know why Arsenal didn't sell him in the summer. They could have replaced him and saved themselves half a season with a malcontent. Even more comical is that with or without Sanchez, they would have never been in any kind of direct competition with City while they are with United. Not sure exactly what happened to lead to this transfer because I don't buy that a club with owners that may literally print money had reservations about spending on wages.