Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We'll be in Porto the 14th watching the Mighty Reds. Does that count? 

Mad day Cantona's 'comeback' '95. We had no official away tickets as capacity was right down due to the rebuild. Got one outside so I'm the Stretford End sat me hands. The Utd ticket office had been done over midweek and a load of tickets robbed. Stewards were looking out for these seats and this lad came over wanting to look the ticket. Utd had subtly changed the order on the date the tickets for the reprinted ones. As this is leading to ours turned out to be some the nicked ones. Got lashed out just as the game started with a few digs thrown our way as the 'enquiries' had revealed who we were by this point. Then got back in around 80 when they opened up the gates and just grabbed any empty speck. Never seen any of the 4 goals. Got blagged on the ticket and lashed out. But got back in with nobody realising who we were. Mad day.

God. 23 years ago man. I feel old.

Hail. 

Comeback may not have been the most apt of terms but don't tell me you've never wanted to charge full speed ahead at a ****ney. :P

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, jobaga said:

I'm not sure how much time Moreno is going to see. TAA is still mainly on the bench. Maybe Bobby? Definitely not Hendo...

We KNOW Klopp like Moreno.  He's been his project and he's become a solid player as long as he isn't playing against Sevilla.  I'm not exactly sure who is going to be taking the free kicks on target.  Emre would do well to make a few if he wants Phil money. 

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We'll be in Porto the 14th watching the Mighty Reds. Does that count? 

Now that I'm back stateside, back in the DC metro, and got my promotion over the line - coming to see you a couple of times a year is something I'd like to do.  I'm always jealous of these sly one-liners hahah.

I think I'll find a sports bar in NOVA to watch it before driving home to scoop up the wife.  It kicks at 2:45pm, so either I'll be shaking the walls in the office or I'll be somewhere else screaming.

Either way, it'll be hours before whatever the misses and I decide to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that's only taken 5 years to finally conclude Reina needs properly replacing: 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/simon-mignolet-considering-liverpool-future-97wprzqhr

'Klopp will buy a goalkeeper in the summer with Roma’s Alisson a target, although negotiations on a fee could prove difficult given Liverpool recruited Mohamed Salah for an initial £36.9 million from the Italians. That has been shown to be a bargain following the Egyptian’s form and Roma will not want to lose another player on the cheap.The Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, who does not have a buy-out clause and is valued at around £44 million, is aware his reputation is soaring and said a decision on his future would be made after the World Cup.

“I am happy in Rome,” he said. “It’s always a pleasure to feel that lots of people are monitoring you but my head is focused on Roma. I leave my future in the hands of God. In June, maybe we will speak about it again but for 
now I am concentrated on Roma.”

Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak is another potential candidate, although the Slovenian has a €100 million (about £89 million) buy-out clause.'

Hail.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that's only taken 5 years to finally conclude Reina needs properly replacing: 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/simon-mignolet-considering-liverpool-future-97wprzqhr

'Klopp will buy a goalkeeper in the summer with Roma’s Alisson a target, although negotiations on a fee could prove difficult given Liverpool recruited Mohamed Salah for an initial £36.9 million from the Italians. That has been shown to be a bargain following the Egyptian’s form and Roma will not want to lose another player on the cheap.The Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, who does not have a buy-out clause and is valued at around £44 million, is aware his reputation is soaring and said a decision on his future would be made after the World Cup.

“I am happy in Rome,” he said. “It’s always a pleasure to feel that lots of people are monitoring you but my head is focused on Roma. I leave my future in the hands of God. In June, maybe we will speak about it again but for 
now I am concentrated on Roma.”

Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak is another potential candidate, although the Slovenian has a €100 million (about £89 million) buy-out clause.'

Hail.

You know we had Oblak in for a trial as a 16 year old and he got injured before he got on the pitch and never got to show... How about that?

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Actually negotiating the sale of my business as I speak. So, the only job I may have available will be someone to tote my golf clubs!

I think a little holiday back home in July sounds like a wonderful idea!

Congrats!

I'm sure we could find him something if he makes it over. 

He'll have to re-learn driving on the correct side of the road, though.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Thank the Lord they don't know how to use fax machines in Madrid. Our defensive record is hardly a reflection of the back 4 this season at least. 

Convinced the end of the LVG season you guys would've been lower-half, MAYBE fighting off relegation, if it weren't for him.

Club statement today: 

“We condemn, in the strongest possible terms, the player’s actions during the events that took place resulting in this criminal conviction.

“It leaves his own reputation damaged and, through association, he has severely let down the club he had previously represented with distinction.

“We have expressed to him our disappointment and anger that he has failed to live up to the values of Liverpool Football Club, in this specific instance.

“The club has allowed the legal formalities to reach a conclusion before deciding on or implementing any internal disciplinary action. That internal process will now begin.

“The club has no further comment to make at this time.”

I take it from that they'll give it a little time to make sure they're fully covered legally before terminating his contract, 

Hail. 
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Mignolet wants out?

Lord love the kid...  He's had his chances to make that his job over the last 5 years.

All he's managed to do is make himself the **** that smells the least bad.

Stuff him with 35 million in a bag and send it to Roma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

Mignolet wants out?

Lord love the kid...  He's had his chances to make that his job over the last 5 years.

All he's managed to do is make himself the **** that smells the least bad.

I don't blame him. He's not going to get any time at Liverpool. He needs to hold on to his spot for the World Cup. He needs to go somewhere and play and earn his spot. Casteels is breathing down his neck. It's best for both club and player to go in different directions...

11 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Wouldn't that be nice...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jobaga said:

I don't blame him. He's not going to get any time at Liverpool. He needs to hold on to his spot for the World Cup. He needs to go somewhere and play and earn his spot. Casteels is breathing down his neck. It's best for both club and player to go in different directions...

Belgium will keep 3 keepers - and he's never get in ahead of Courtios unless there is a game they have to play in the groups that mean nothing.

47 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

Not even sure he'd cut it in Italy.  Very defensive league and with his gaffes on set pieces they'd have him for lunch, literally.

Sign me up for the Alisson in January club, though.  I'll front for the t-shirts.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Belgium will keep 3 keepers - and he's never get in ahead of Courtios unless there is a game they have to play in the groups that mean nothing.

If he drops to third he's got one foot out the door. He needs to prove himself...Why would he want to stay in Liverpool? His replacement will probably end up being a back up when another keeper is brought in this summer. Being third choice for club and country is not very good for your career.

52 minutes ago, jobaga said:

If he drops to third he's got one foot out the door. He needs to prove himself...Why would he want to stay in Liverpool? His replacement will probably end up being a back up when another keeper is brought in this summer. Being third choice for club and country is not very good for your career.

I'm not saying he should want to stay in Liverpool... you're missing the whole point of what I'm saying though.  Courtois is 4 years younger than him and he's never going to be benched for Mignolet in the Belgium team.  It doesn't matter if he's a number 1 keeper or not.

If he wants to be a number 1 keeper somewhere else that's another story.  Sounds like he does.