Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Top Of The Kop ‏@TOTK96 36m36 minutes ago

Daniel Sturridge injured training for England.. You literally new this was coming.. #LFCpic.twitter.com/WMmzpGBco7

11:09 AM - 25 May 2016 · Details
9 retweets 23 likes

Sturridge under managed training programme and game time at L'pool ..... No fitness issues since Christmas. 

Sturridge back under dip**** Roy and England's training 'methods' ..... Injured again. 

L'pool fans surprised ..... NOT!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Middelsbrough sign striker/winger Viktor Fischer from Ajax for £3.8 million. Really surprised he was available for so cheap, espcially when nowadays being under 23 and in a top league adds 5 million straight off the bat. Saw him live end of last season good talent. Good movement off the ball and a player who is dangerous running with the ball.

• Like 2

Liverpool transfer news: NO bid for Guerreiro with Chilwell top target - Goal.com

Mel's normally well on the ball when it comes to L'pool. 

Middelsbrough sign striker/winger Viktor Fischer from Ajax for £3.8 million. Really surprised he was available for so cheap, espcially when nowadays being under 23 and in a top league adds 5 million straight off the bat. Saw him live end of last season good talent. Good movement off the ball and a player who is dangerous running with the ball.

The injury concerns maybe?

Agreed it's still a very good signing for Middlesbrough. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Really? 'Huge?'

He's talented but nowhere near consistent enough to be classed as a top bracket player IMHO.

Hail.

Neither is Gotze but Liverpool fans here acted like he's the second coming until he said no recently.

Pjanic would be a great addition (especially free kicks) and as history shows our moves pay off more often than not

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Neither is Gotze but Liverpool fans here acted like he's the second coming until he said no recently.

Pjanic would be a great addition (especially free kicks) and as history shows our moves pay off more often than not

Not that either player needed a comparison, but Gotze isn't top bracket?

Well there's a spin and a half. Not heard anyone try that one before. 

Hail. 

Not that either player needed a comparison, but Gotze isn't top bracket?

Well there's a spin and a half. Not heard anyone try that one before.

Hail.

Years ago he was. But now? He's had one major moment at the national level recently. He's had a few goals at club level. Could he be top tier? Yep. But his form of the last few years and his injures keeps him from being considered that.

One is a substantial part for his champions league club while the other hardly sees the pitch at his.

Bayern Munich urge Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool speculation - ESPN FC

Munich not too enamoured by him saying he wants to stay then. 

Again, wherever he ends up, this one has a WAYS to go.

Hail. 

Very strange situation with Gotze.  First he's leaving after conversations w/ Ancelotti, then he's staying and changing agents, now the higher-ups in Bayern say they think he should leave.  Agree this has ways to go.

• Like 1

Years ago he was. But now? He's had one major moment at the national level recently. He's had a few goals at club level. Could he be top tier? Yep. But his form of the last few years and his injures keeps him from being considered that.

One is a substantial part for his champions league club while the other hardly sees the pitch at his.

Yet he's still integral to the German National team and widely considered one of the top German talents of this generation. 

But he's coming off an injury hit year so let's bin him. 

Regardless of where he ends up, to suggest Mario Gotze isn't a top talent is bizarre even from you. 

Very strange situation with Gotze.  First he's leaving after conversations w/ Ancelotti, then he's staying and changing agents, now the higher-ups in Bayern say they think he should leave.  Agree this has ways to go.

I'm guessing he wants to see his contract out without extending to increase his pay day next summer and Bayern rightly want to cash in now. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I had Troy Polamalu's kids at my skills night practice last night. About what you imagined. Raw, soccer wise but athletic, fast, and not shy about contact (not dirty) and that mop of hair. TP has put on some lbs since retirement. 

I asked him how it was like to live in Sean Taylor's shadow.

• Like 3

On paper that seems like a really good deal.  I'm interested to see how Jordan Rhodes does in the Premiership with them.

• Like 1

On paper that seems like a really good deal. I'm interested to see how Jordan Rhodes does in the Premiership with them.

Yeah looking forward to that as he has been scoring goals for fun in the championship. If he gets the service would expect him to get 12-15 goals. Hopefully force his way into the national set up.

Edit: how was Tony watt for rovers last season?

Edited by Wellred93

Sakho's suspension will end next Saturday. The fat burner he used is not among prohibited substances.

Mathieu out for the Euro, that's the 4th central back we lost.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Sakho's suspension will end next Saturday. The fat burner he used is not among prohibited substances.

Mathieu out for the Euro, that's the 4th central back we lost.

That was music to my EARS this morning.  That eliminates having to buy another CB.  Unfortunate that he wasn't able to play in the final, though the goals weren't down to Kolo, it was more on Moreno in the final.

These friendlies have been pretty good.  Ireland looked a tidy side until the last 20 minutes or so against the Dutch b-team yesterday.

I'm excited to see the US play Bolivia tonight.  This is a huge tournament for some of the youngins and for Klinnsman.

And not just unfortunate, might I add... but borderline criminal that he was out for those 30 days where we played our biggest game in almost 10 years... and he wasn't a part of it.

Give me a ****ing break UEFA.

But by all means... fine the club for the fans having to sit through 180 mins of mancs singing about Hillsborough

Edited by DC9

And not just unfortunate, might I add... but borderline criminal that he was out for those 30 days where we played our biggest game in almost 10 years... and he wasn't a part of it.

Give me a ****ing break UEFA.

But by all means... fine the club for the fans having to sit through 180 mins of mancs singing about Hillsborough

If this report is true, yet again UEFA prove to be an absolute ****ing disgrace. 

I wonder if any fans of other clubs across social media who claimed we should of been kicked out of Europe after his role against Utd and Dortmund, not least the Guardian who ran a similar article, will now scream as loud for the UEFA Cup to be awarded to us?

****ing joke.

Hail. 

Little to no enthusiasm for the European Cup final later either. 

Real are just a joke of a football club. And I just hate to be bored ****less by Simeone. 

Hail. 

Couldn't agree more.  2 clubs that I hate to see winning the trophy.

Heck, I'd much prefer Pool to either one of them. ;)

Enjoyable first half interesting that real are taking athleticos tough tackling midfield by attacking down the wings and hitting long balls. Athletico need to get griezman on the ball more he is their only real threat going forward as Torres has done literally nothing.