Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Moreno has been the worst player on the pitch for either side.

This is like watching the Chelsea match back in 2014 where Chelsea had the worst shoe laces in the world.  All of them.  Couldn't keep them tied.

Forgot we bought Moreno from Sevilla... maybe he is trying to get hired back

Hand ball... I mean foul on Benteke...

Gamieros off the ball movement in the second half really has been a show to beheld. Seville are the more experienced side in Europa league finals and it has shown up in the second half. Never looked rattled

That's fair.

I'd say they've been brilliant at working "the system"

But we've been straight ****ed this game

We've been crap this second half, but every ****ing move has been broken down by a soft foul

Gamieros off the ball movement in the second half really has been a show to beheld. Seville are the more experienced side in Europa league finals and it has shown up in the second half. Never looked rattled

That's was why I honestly thought they would win besides their adjustment strength. A experienced championship team that knows how to adjust is really hard to knock off in their element. Sevilla wasn't going to get rattled. The question was if Liverpool would be.

• Like 1

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MORENO??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're ****ing gone kid... go back to Sevilla... ****ing tee it up for them at the end here you ****ing ****

Sevilla played a good game.

**** the refs.

**** Moreno.

MOTM

175599_heroa.jpg

Jonas Ericksson... official...

**** me once, shame on you

**** me FIVE times... shame on UEFA

Need your best players to perform in games like this and Firmino and Coutinho seemed to be hiding out there. 

Pretty amazing achievement by Sevilla tbf. No doubt La Liga is the best league in the world at the present moment. Maybe not in depth but at the top for sure. 

• Like 1

I would agree that Liverpool were outplayed in the second half. I disagree that they were outmatched. Liverpool did not capitalize on their chances to finish the game off in the first half. Sevilla made the most of their chances (and breaks) in the second. I am disappointed in the effort some of the players showed to close out the game. I am still very excited for the Klopp era!!

Need your best players to perform in games like this and Firmino and Coutinho seemed to be hiding out there. 

Pretty amazing achievement by Sevilla tbf. No doubt La Liga is the best league in the world at the present moment. Maybe not in depth but at the top for sure. 

I agree (for the most part)....I just hate to see that league of floppers rewarded for their style

• Like 1

Decided to come back to the Liverpool Thread

I have to say it is going to be tough for all the Bayern fans to once again watch their team play in European competition next season.

I guess it is easier to blame the refs than the lack of overall talent on ones team.

I have to say that Klopp was outcoached today and didn’t seem to attempt any second half adjustments until 10 minutes left when he frantically showed some players a piece of paper.

The Spanish league has the best teams.  Like it or not.

Still got a game to watch this weekend in the DFB Pokal final.  Just one more final Bayern will be playing in and that they are favorites to win.

• Like 1

disappointing result. I'd realistically say that 1/3 or 2/4 handballs should have been called. Not all were egregious. Two (to me) though we're classic examples of defenders getting "bigger" and stopping balls due to unnatural positioning of hands/arms. At 2-0, the 2nd half is different.

The 2nd half as played was terrible. How many times do players have to be told to focus on the first and last 5 in a half for it to sink in. Terrible play by professionals.

A tough way to end the season, but things are looking up as the Klopp era begins its first full season. Need defense and consistency in the attack. I trust Klopp to get it right.

Not shocked to see Fred crawl out from the ****roach nest or RR trying to talk smack and have anyone take it seriously.

• Like 2

That's kind of where I'm at.  I think Sevilla had the more professional effort, obviously.  They brought it the second half and we didn't have it for them.

But you are ABSOLUTELY right that if it's 2-0 or 3-0 at the half, we're sitting 9 back and hoofing it deep to Origi the whole second half and hitting them on the counter.  And that's check and mate.

That's why I said the ref decided it.  You give ONE of those and there isn't a second half where that happens.

Better players are en route.  But this one smarts.

• Like 1

disappointing result. I'd realistically say that 1/3 or 2/4 handballs should have been called. Not all were egregious. Two (to me) though we're classic examples of defenders getting "bigger" and stopping balls due to unnatural positioning of hands/arms. At 2-0, the 2nd half is different.

The 2nd half as played was terrible. How many times do players have to be told to focus on the first and last 5 in a half for it to sink in. Terrible play by professionals.

A tough way to end the season, but things are looking up as the Klopp era begins its first full season. Need defense and consistency in the attack. I trust Klopp to get it right.

Not shocked to see Fred crawl out from the ****roach nest or RR trying to talk smack and have anyone take it seriously.

Amazing how my posts get translated into talking smack when I never took a shot at Pool(Please point out where I took a shot. Closest thing was saying they seemed overmatched experience wise.) yet the direct shots at Other clubs dished out by Poole fans are just expected to be taken on the chin.

I feel like some of you just look for something to pick at. I could probably say LFC is the greatest club and someone would still say I was insincere jerk.

---

Pool was not robbed though. They were up 1-0. They had every chance to kill the game and they didn't. Don't leave it to the ref to secure the game. Sevilla has been in that championship 2 times before and was a mentality tough team. Liverpool came out flat for whatever reason and Sevilla came out on fire. The big question is why Liverpool seem to fold at halftime when things were good? That would be my big issue if I was a Pool supporter. Actually I'd be wondering why we came out slow at the beginning and allowed Sevilla early chances and then why did we just go to sleep the second half? So essentially Pool played great 30 out of 90 mins because they were on their heels early first half. 30-35 mins in 90 min championship is not good enough. Especially if you aren't finishing.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Champs play like champs in the moment. Sometimes you are simply overmatched. Terrible feeling honesty. I've never felt it in a championship but sometimes you just know.

Maybe I read that wrong (which is why I didn't really fire back about club allegiance). If so, honestly, my bad.

**** Fred though. No misunderstanding there.