Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I love the Brasilians!!! I just hate their song...

I'm not sure why that posted so many times, but I guess I really love the Brasilians

If we're handing out kudos...

How about Emre Can combining off an injury and dominating the midfield!!

Yeah, Emre Can was really the difference today.  We had no midfield in Spain, he was HUGE today.  So glad he was able to play in this semi because I'm not sure we're through without him and he deserves it.

Also... my bad earlier - I just re-read what you said about "they're making up for their play in Spain," when I thought you said "they are making their play for Spain". 

Now it makes sense.  We all knew I couldn't read. :lol:

****ing so stoked for this.

• Like 1

Just looking at the video's from outside. WOW! That's getting crazier and crazier. 

Must really be something for the opposition to experience and unease them which then follows on inside as Villarreal, like so many more experienced and bigger/betetr sides before them, looked absolutely shell shocked from the first whistle last night. When we're up for it, there really is NO place like Anfield on a European night. And our players responded superbly in what was the most complete team performance we've had under Klopp thus far for me. We've had more spectacular games. But last night certainly the most complete in most every aspect from Mingolet on down. Wouldn't give one player less than an 8, with Firmino and Sturridge in particular running them ragged all night. 

just looking at Sevilla's run. Not one win away in Europe all year from two different competitions which is interesting. Obviously not to be taken lightly being as this is their third straight UEFA Cup final. (SO many story's. Neither side ever having lost a UEFA Cup final. Sevilla going for a record 5th victory. L'pool looking for a record equalling 4th. Something has to give.). But certainly nobody to be feared. Respected. But not feared. 

Sevilla will be every bit as worried about us as we could possibly be about them. Aside from the great run to this point, they're facing Liverpool Football Club. In a European final. Around Europe that carries enough weight on its own. 

On a personal note, I'm exceptionally fortunate, being born a red in this great City, that this will be my 6th European final not including Super Cups from my first in Rome in '84. (4 European Cups/ 2 UEFA's). 

Liverpool Football Club in yet another European final. 

Not too shabby for a 'little' club that apparently continues to live in the past.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

So I watched most of the game yesterday.  Really disappointed with Villareal they just didn't look like a semi-final team.  There were really only two upper-echelon teams in the quarter finals, and unfortunately they both played each other (pool/dortmund).  Sevilla is currently 7th in bbva, and from what I understand they have two players who are rated worldwide: Konoplyanka and Krychowiak.  Different skillsets obviously, but still two class players.  Liverpool should be the favorites and I really can't see a scenario where they don't win comfortably.  

I was also thinking about CL yesterday, and how bbva now has a legit claim that they have the three best teams in the world.  To me that is crazy...only one of those three teams abides by FFP (kind of).  It's like having the Yankees and the dodgers in the same league competing with the marlins...and somehow the marlins have found ways to win.  Maybe not the best analogy, but Simeone has done a great job for that club, whether you like the way they play or not.  I will surely be rooting for them to win the CL!   

Edited by SkinssRvA

It's interesting that I haven't once said small club about Liverpool. Any club (Real,Barca,Utd,LFC,Bayern,etc) with a global fanbase can hardly be small.

As far as Spain well Barca has crazy sponsorships and global donations. Real is given money by the Spanish banks. That's like unlimited resources. With a good owner real would dominate probably forever with their money resources.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

It's interesting that I haven't once said small club about Liverpool. Any club (Real,Barca,Utd,LFC,Bayern,etc) with a global fanbase can hardly be small......

Even more interestingly I don't consider you part of our 'German' contingent being as you change clubs like you change your socks. So you're free of having nothing to do with that bunkum.

You'll always be a Utd fan to me.  ;).

I see. I tend to skip a lot of that stuff. "Liverpool and Germany are at war again", skip 5 pages to the end of thread. It goes so much quicker. ;)

I need to learn to follow your example.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Just looking at the video's from outside. WOW! That's getting crazier and crazier. 

Must really be something for the opposition to experience and unease them which then follows on inside as Villarreal, like so many more experienced and bigger/betetr sides before them, looked absolutely shell shocked from the first whistle last night. When we're up for it, there really is NO place like Anfield on a European night. And our players responded superbly in what was the most complete team performance we've had under Klopp thus far for me. We've had more spectacular games. But last night certainly the most complete in most every aspect from Mingolet on down. Wouldn't give one player less than an 8, with Firmino and Sturridge in particular running them ragged all night. 

just looking at Sevilla's run. Not one win away in Europe all year from two different competitions which is interesting. Obviously not to be taken lightly being as this is their third straight UEFA Cup final. (SO many story's. Neither side ever having lost a UEFA Cup final. Sevilla going for a record 5th victory. L'pool looking for a record equalling 4th. Something has to give.). But certainly nobody to be feared. Respected. But not feared. 

Sevilla will be every bit as worried about us as we could possibly be about them. Aside from the great run to this point, they're facing Liverpool Football Club. In a European final. Around Europe that carries enough weight on its own. 

I honestly have no idea how we were going to out do the Dortmund home tie.  And then I saw Clynes video, and then I saw (I believe it was Moreno's video) of Clyne taking his video... Clynes face was like :o

:lol:

Had to play them all for the wife.  Painted the picture of "imagine you leave your hotel to drive to the ground and this is what you see the WHOLE way there"... ****ing no chance they come in and do any damage.

That's the difference between playing a team and playing a City.

It's what we USED to do back in the 80's and early 90's for the Redskins (certainly not to that extent), but it's all but died out now.

Certainly have a shot in the final.  Why not?

Also reading that Origi could be fit for the final and Ings might get a game or two these last two league games would be BOSS.

Even more interestingly I don't consider you part of our 'German' contingent being as you change clubs like you change you socks. So you're free of having nothing to do with that bunkum.

You'll always be a Utd fan to me.

I need to learn to follow your example.

Hail.

15019446-Skull-and-crossbones-a-mark-of-

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Last I checked I've been only talking about Bayern the last few years after my Bavaria discovery. Honestly I think I'm going stick to big soccer for my soccer posting. I'm gonna take the high road and wish good luck on your final and call it a day.

#LChxtIiMW0AA8nrq.jpg

• Like 1

Not gonna sink to yalls level. I already showed many times I won't be goated like you do to btfoom and frfan. I wore red Bayern jersey in respect for hilsborough and when I was so much about Utd before the family journal I was outspoken about horrible chants. So as I said best of luck in the Europa final as I will not be posting here.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Okay, so another question...

I understand from context (hearing about the "away stand" and so forth) that world football matches sensibly separate home fans from those travelling to the game. My question is, how do they enforce it? Do they use IP addresses? Sell it through the visiting clubs? Is it just that nobody is dumb enough to go sit in the home section and get the crap beaten out of them?

This is possibly a little more than curiosity... My wife and I travel to Europe once or twice a year and one of the things we've talked about doing is going to a match to experience the atmosphere... we'd probably get cheap shirts for the home side and I'd hate to accidentally end up in the wrong place. I'm assuming there's SOME way this is controlled, and I'm curious as to what it is.

Not gonna sink to yalls level. I already showed many times I won't be goated like you do to btfoom and frfan. I wore red Bayern jersey in respect for hilsborough and when I was so much about Utd before the family journal I was outspoken about horrible chants. So as I said best of luck in the Europa final as I will not be posting here.

Well that escalated quickly.

I was actually paying a compliment when saying I never classed you in with the Munich nonsense here and then you come flying back all guns blazing on the defensive talking bunkum through a one eyed view.

Maybe I was wrong and gave you too much credit reading that. Fred would be so proud.

Hail.

Okay, so another question...

I understand from context (hearing about the "away stand" and so forth) that world football matches sensibly separate home fans from those travelling to the game. My question is, how do they enforce it? Do they use IP addresses? Sell it through the visiting clubs? Is it just that nobody is dumb enough to go sit in the home section and get the crap beaten out of them?

This is possibly a little more than curiosity... My wife and I travel to Europe once or twice a year and one of the things we've talked about doing is going to a match to experience the atmosphere... we'd probably get cheap shirts for the home side and I'd hate to accidentally end up in the wrong place. I'm assuming there's SOME way this is controlled, and I'm curious as to what it is.

I can only speak for England but pretty much as you imagine. The home club has a set area designated for away fans and gives those tickets to the visiting team to sell to their fans. Simple as that. They'll always be people in the wrong ends. That's just the Marie of fans not wanting to miss a game at any cost. Whether or not you get into any problems is another thing again. Violence within grounds is almost non-existent now down to CCTV, and there a generally a different class of supporter tea PL era who can afford the high prices so their attitude toward others is better. But it depends on who the two clans involved are and how they traditionally feel about each other/ what you do or don't say etc as to whether you'd encounter any problems.

Hail.

• Like 1

We troll FrFan?

Well I guess that's news to me.  I thought we had a good relationship on here the last couple of years.

For me, anyway, (and I think the others of us) it wouldn't be good natured ribbing if we didn't like you or if we thought you were beyond saving.

Maybe I was wrong and gave you too much credit reading that. Fred would be so proud.

What's he got left? :lol:

• Like 1

They'll always be people in the wrong ends.

Followup... Would it be correct to say that the hardcore fans gravitate to either end near the goals? Because I've started watching La Liga lately and it sure seems like all of the flags and so forth do end up there, and I also hear people talking about the home and visiting "end", but there sure do seem to be a fair number of people on the sides too.

He's okay.

He's like a frigging conductor with his orchestra there. 

I couldn't love that man any more if I tried. 

I wouldn't want ANY other person in charge of my club if you offered me them. 

He was made for Liverpool. And we were made for him. And the way he's been talking today, this may well be him set for life at his last club. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

We troll FrFan?

Well I guess that's news to me.  I thought we had a good relationship on here the last couple of years.

As a matter of fact we do my friend.

Not gonna sink to yalls level. I already showed many times I won't be goated like you do to btfoom and frfan.

Sorry I don't get it ?!

• Like 2

Sorry I don't get it ?!

Ahhhhh. I think it might of been that time when I said I loved Gerrard Houllier to bits but he was more bat **** crazy than the craziest bat **** crazy bat **** crazy person and Ginola may of had a point. 

That may of been the offending French comment. *Hangs head. 

Hail. 

i just think he meant fred.

i always thought btfoom said "small club on the irish sea" as a tongue in cheek joke... (and i always read GHH's retorts with "small club" as similar joking return volleys).

am i giving you guys too much credit? :)

• Like 3

i just think he meant fred.

i always thought btfoom said "small club on the irish sea" as a tongue in cheek joke... (and i always read GHH's retorts with "small club" as similar joking return volleys).

am i giving you guys too much credit? :)

Nope. You read the 'small club' discourse perfectly. 

But you knew that already. The oversensitivity that prevails from some here is frightening. Man alive I thank the Lord that some of y'all weren't in my school yard growing up. You'd of never made it out alive. 

Hail. 

• Like 2