Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Platini gets his suspension cut to 4 years by CAS. He wasn't satisfied, so he immediately decided to resign from UEFA presidency to take his case to the Swiss justice.

Meh. Little French rat won't ever work in football again so **** him.

Ahhhhh crud! Was that more of my anti-French thing coming out and narking at you? Need to learn to control that. Sorry Richmond. Sorry FF, you beret wearing, funny talki .... DOH! AGAIN!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Swallow your pride and DO WHAT IT TAKES!

Hail. 

It's not my pride I'm worried about :lol:

Ojo now has 3 assists from his 4 starts too. Ibe certainly needs to step it up massively next year. No need to panic on him yet being he's still only 20. But his development has really stalled this year as to the ability he possesses. Looking ahead to the final, Ojo more deserves the winger/ wide man place on the bench right now which is a big turnaround.

Hail. 

I know it was Swindon Town, but that friendly last summer he looked a class above most of the regulars (at the time...).

I remember saying that we shouldn't send him down, but he was sent out on loan a couple of days later.

He's got a lot to learn, but he also has a lot to like.  Very high on the kid.  Not your typical winger, is he?  Size to go along with the pace and he knows where the ball needs to go.  Also patience, which is rare these days.

• Like 2

Platini gets his suspension cut  to 4 years by CAS. He wasn't satisfied, so he immediately decided to resign from UEFA presidency to take his case to the Swiss justice.

:rolleyes: this dude's entitlement is something.

One of those where he is reverse-paranoid.

Instead of walking around like everything is happening to him, he walks around like he's happening to everyone.

• Like 2

Interesting reading that we're now unbeaten the last 12 at Anfield. 

Just had a look at this since Klopp took over and it's pretty impressive reading:

In total under him at Anfield, our record is: P24 W13 D 8 L 3 F44 A21 GD+23

The individual competition breakdown: 

PL: P14 W 6 D 6 L 2 F27 A15 GD+12

EL: P 6 W 5 D 1 L 0 F13 A 5 

FA Cup: P 2 W 1 D 1 L 0 F 3 A 0

LC: P 2 W 1 D 0 L 1 F 1 A 1 

The last home defeat was against Stoke back in January in the League Cup semi which we ultimately won on pens so it felt like a win regardless. The only other two were Crystal Palace early and the last in the league to United when we absolutely annihilated them but De Gea chose to have another of his Superman days. 

From the initial draws at home, to him narking at those that left early against Palace (VERY few do that now) it's slowly turned and in Europe in particular you're back to thinking we just won't get beat. When you're full of confidence going in against Dortmund it say's it all. The way that game played out jut adds to how much the home form has turned back to getting where it should be. 

I think it's fair to say we're making Anfield a fortress again which goes without saying is vital in getting back to seriously challenging for and (hopefully) winning titles.

Here's to continuing the great home form the last Anfield game of the year on Wednesday. 

Hail. 

I watch bundes games fairly regularly because I follow Dortmund (to a lesser extent than chelsea).  BPL is a grind, workhorse league where you have to show up for every game or you will lose.  Bundesliga is not like that.  There is one very good team (dortmund) and one absolutely, undeniable elite team (BM).  I must say, I think the BPL is a stronger top to bottom league, but at the top it does not compare.  BPL does not have any elite teams at the moment.  I think both Bayern and Dortmund are better than anyone in the bpl.  Dortmund won't last long as Aubameyang, reus, hummels, the lot are all headed for an exit.  But I have little doubt that Bayern would finish at the top of the EPL.  

Top to bottom, EPL is the strongest league in the world.  Whether or not that prepares you better for European matches is pretty substantiated with the likes of liverpool and man city this year.  Other league teams are surprised when "these crummy epl teams" have a go at them and don't back down...and it's because our league battles week in week out.  Bayern and Dortmund can go a month or two without having a contested match.  

• Like 3

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 3m3 minutes ago

This is the 'leaked' kit.pic.twitter.com/pbkv2uxqlF

LOVE this kit.  Love it.

Though it's a bit ironic that Hendo and Migs are probably out next year. 

Not big on the big fan fare down the Pier Head this evening to unveil it on stage. 

Darn Americans and all your razzmatazz!

Hail. 

Oh yeah, the gob****e at West Ham, Sullivan. is saying they're readying a £25 million bid for a British striker the end of the week or a €30 million bid for someone in Europe. 

Let's us pray it's Benteke. 

Hail. 

British striker as in nationality or the league?  British, to me, would imply Sturridge.  That rumors been out there a while now.

I'd take that for Ben.  In a second. Rodgers could've had Lacazette for much less than that.

They really want to sell out that Olympic Stadium...

British striker as in nationality or the league? British, to me, would imply Sturridge. That rumors been out there a while now.

I'd take that for Ben. In a second. Rodgers could've had Lacazette for much less than that.

They really want to sell out that Olympic Stadium...

30m for Sturridge would get the Hammers laughed out of Melwood. 30m for Beneteke? Done deal imo.

• Like 1

30m for Sturridge would get the Hammers laughed out of Melwood. 30m for Beneteke? Done deal imo.

I don't think he goes anywhere this summer unless he throws a tantrum.

The look on his face after that goal... man. 

Benteke on the other hand, I totally agree with.  I'd fly over there and drive him down to London if they gave us 30 million pounds.  30 million Euros is still a good deal.  That'll help land Kovacic, who I understand Real have already soured on.

Speaking of Real, was interviewing a cat from Spain today and he started talking about all the Liverpool stuff in my office.  He asked if I was a fan... I thought about being sarcastic with him, but I just said "yes".  He likes Arsenal.  From Madrid... likes Arsenal.  I asked him why he doesn't like Atleti or Real and he said, and I quote... "Politicians get elected in Madrid by who the promise they'll buy for the club".  I had no ****ing clue it was that bad.  I know they buy who they want with National money, but I had no idea that these dudes are elected because they say they'll bring in Gareth ****ing Bale.  :lol:

End of rant.

Oh, and fwiw, he is "Wenger out" and he wants Simeone to take over as manager of Arsenal... then we had a long talk about how Arsenal doesn't have the players to play that type of game but he's convinced they do.  Good kid.

My tangents are awful... :lol:

Munich have signed Benfica's Renato Sanches for around £27.5 million (with potential add ons if he's named in the World team of the year or is named FIFA player of the year); and Dortmund's Matts Hummels for around £30 million. 

Absolutely crazy money for an 18 year old with a mere 33 first team games under his belt like but still .....

..... Wah wah Utd and City respectively who had HIGH hopes of singing both. 

*Saying NOTHING about what we read continually on here about Bayern not splashing major money around and decimating their competitors. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Bayern have signed sanches from Benfica(rumoured for £35 million) and hummels.

Great signings think sanches Is a real talent.

Bayern have signed sanches from Benfica(rumoured for £35 million) and hummels.

Great signings think sanches Is a real talent.

Well that's obviously the text book definition of growing your own talent.  They'll have a full summer to learn the Munich way.

Saw the West Ham number for Ben is around 25 million euro.  I think you have to do that.  Eat the loss if he isn't in the plan.

Footy Humour @FootyHumour 16h16 hours ago

That moment when Amir Khan got hit so hard...that he turned into Diego Costa.

CiCg2fcXAAQjhGg.jpg
  • Like 2

That was one HELL of a punch. I hear Kahn's still on the deck now apparently. 

Hail. 

He hasn't been the same since Lamont Peterson whooped his ass at the DC Armory.

You willing to take that haircut on Benteke?  I think Klopp can get two players to contribute for that money.

• Like 1

He hasn't been the same since Lamont Peterson whooped his ass at the DC Armory.

You willing to take that haircut on Benteke?  I think Klopp can get two players to contribute for that money.

NO question. Want that lazy useless **** gone yesterday! Absolute joke again on Sunday when HE was the one with a point to prove. 

Excellent piece from the TAW on the disgrace that is Basle: 

Liverpool: Don't Make It Fans' Fault That UEFA Picked The Wrong Ground - The Anfield Wrap

Hail. 

• Like 1

NO question. Want that lazy useless **** gone yesterday! Absolute joke again on Sunday when HE was the one with a point to prove. 

Excellent piece from the TAW on the disgrace that is Basle: 

Liverpool: Don't Make It Fans' Fault That UEFA Picked The Wrong Ground - The Anfield Wrap

Hail. 

He gave effort on Sunday.  That's all I can ask of him.  He actually got on the edge of the 6 and wasn't sitting at the top of the 18.  The layoff to Joe Allen was brilliant.  But for me, he just doesn't do enough to be a number 9 at Liverpool.  That's really it.

I see a bunch of pieces on "Dont Go to Basel if you don't have a ticket" and then there are a couple of these.  Almost right down the middle.  It's a shame.  ****ing UEFA...

There's an Irish kid on my son's team, the mom spent a lot of time whining about UEFA last night at practice.  Then we got to talking about Shane Long and Wes Hoolihan.  Had a good day yesterday when it came to talking football.

Great signings by Bayern.

The address the need for a top central defender in Hummels and a great, upcoming MF in Sanchez.  

This how you do business. Define a need, choose the player, and get them signed.  Don't wait until the last day of the transfer window.

So, last Saturday Bayern wins the big salad plate and on Monday get good signings.  NIce.