Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

and so it begins!  Just for that, Hazard to score a brace.  I've notified him of his responsibility and he responded with "I'll try if I want to." 

Not sure how up for this game the boys will be.  I know I'm going to try and watch it.  One of my young lawyers is a Chelsea supporter and he said "You're going to be feeling blue today" and I really couldn't even get up for spat.  I just said "I'm over here worried about Sevilla" and left it at that.

Interested to see the 11 today.

Too bad that Terry is suspended.

Was hoping to hear about his mom this evening.

You heard about their protest for him?

On 26 minutes, they're planning on walking out ..... To then walk back IN half time in protest of him not getting a new contract. Soft ****s. We protest over ticket prices/ our dead et all. They go for a very rich footballer who's a racist and shags his teammates wives! ANY Chelsea fan that walks down is a drugging embarrassment.

Couldn't make it up.

Hail.

*Edit* At the match BTW. Because it's THEM, And we all know how much I just LOVE Chelsea ..... And arranged to pick our final tickets up tonight from the ticket office.

Rains stopped. Suns beating down again. Glorious evening.

Not sure how up for this game the boys will be. I know I'm going to try and watch it. One of my young lawyers is a Chelsea supporter and he said "You're going to be feeling blue today" and I really couldn't even get up for spat. I just said "I'm over here worried about Sevilla" and left it at that.

Interested to see the 11 today.

Be the final side or as near as samba it tonight. Then the B team again Sunday. And then the A team Wednesday.

These fixtures have just fallen right to have a week between games for both sides.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Yes expect a full chelsea side vs full 'pool side.  It's the last game worth any meaning to Chelsea all season as Leicester has wrapped up the league.  

John Terry is a living legend for us, given his all, and been through it all.  Most people are disappointed he isn't getting extended because we have no viable replacements yet.  Zouma is out with long-term injury, Cahill and Ivanovic aren't cutting it, and friggin Djiaboujdiiejdoludi and some bloke named Hector are out on loan.  We going to risk our defenses on young American Miazga?  Methinks not.  Terry, if nothing else, will provide leadership in a rebuilding year.  

Didn't know about the walkout, but it's fine by me.  Although, not sure the impact it will have at Anfield as opposed to our home contest this weekend.  John Terry joins the list of recent legends to play in the PL, joining lampard, gerrard, Ryan Giggs, etc that have left.  Players who have shown loyalty and really earned the respect of their fans (and a lot of away fans).   

Personally feel as though he's over the hill.  But bringing him back as a player coach would be ideal situation, and rumors are that it's bound to happen.  

Sturridge is in the mood today

Me too. I guess we must wait for Sunday. Can't believe Everton v Sunderland is on tv. Hate this little computer screen.

Relegation battle, meh.

I have extra time thankfully so I've got it on the tv.

that was a nice goal by Hazard.

I think the interest level isn't there for this one.

Oh wow I just noticed it was Michael Oliver....

No wonder Hazard is getting all of these dives :lol:

1-0 at HT.

Really a sleepy game.

Might give Ben a run out there.  Sturridge was in the mood to start but he's frustrated right now.

Can back to his early season form: giveaways, bad decisions, sluggish play. No urgency from many in red, minds must be a week ahead.

Expect to see Ben and Ojo within the first 15-20. Then Pirlo 2.0 or Lucas depending.

As much as I'd like to beat Chelsea, just doesn't have the usual cache. More looking forward to Sunday and watching the kids play.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

Sunderland look to be staying up 2-0 over Everton

Can back to his early season form: giveaways, bad decisions, sluggish play. No urgency from many in red, minds must be a week ahead.

Expect to see Ben and Ojo within the first 15-20. Then Pirlo 2.0 or Lucas depending.

As much as I'd like to beat Chelsea, just doesn't have the usual cache. More looking forward to Sunday and watching the kids play.

Can isn't doing half bad... it's Milner whose leaving him out to dry.  The danger of having to play milner as a 6 or an 8 instead of out wide.

Definitely think Ben needs to come in with how Chelsea are clogging up the midfield.  Give us a target to aim for.

3-0 Sunderland...

Martinez surely gone for the last game right?

Yep... here's your difference.  Milner get worked by Fabregas

The Anfield Chat @TheAnfieldChat 1m1 minute ago

Milner in midfield was fine against Villarreal but Chelsea are more physical while also more technical. Overrun in midfield.

kickin hazard about

Might be our worst effort of the calendar year and you've managed 1.

I'd keep the feathers down for now :lol:

GET THE **** IN BEN!!

**** OFF, CHELSEA FC

YOU AIN'T GOT NO HISTORY

5 EUROPEAN CUPS AND 18 LEAGUES

THAT'S WHAT WE CALL HISTORY

lol.  Understand the enthusiasm...but you just tied the 9th place team in the EPL with a lucky push out from bego in minute 90.  Chelsea have plenty of history...we aren't man city.  

Anyway, you should thank chelsea we probably just upped benteke's transfer fee.  

• Like 1

If they would've just listened to us...

Christian Benteke, he scores when he wants!

lol.  Understand the enthusiasm...but you just tied the 9th place team in the EPL with a lucky push out from bego in minute 90.  Chelsea have plenty of history...we aren't man city.  

Chelsea Goalkeeper...1905

aGxEwMX_700b.jpg

Grand scheme of things... this game meant very little.  Good to get a laugher out of our system.

Chelsea are better than Villareal and Sevilla.  So there's that, too.

Rest up the lads and get ready for next week.

• Like 1

His trick was catching the ball with his mouth...and eating it after.  Lots and lots of saves, I assume.  

now I see why you 'pool fans are so stubborn on history all the time!

"While 48 clubs have competed since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, only six have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (4), Arsenal(3), Manchester City (2), Blackburn Rovers (1) and Leicester City (1). The current champions are Leicester City, who won the title in 2015–16."

:P 

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 1

His trick was catching the ball with his mouth...and eating it after.  Lots and lots of saves, I assume.  

"While 48 clubs have competed since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, only six have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (4), Arsenal(3), Manchester City (2), Blackburn Rovers (1) and Leicester City (1). The current champions are Leicester City, who won the title in 2015–16."

Have you graduated from High School yet?

• Like 1

Well that was utter wank. Were we interested at all? I'd say it was testimonial pace but that's doing testimonials a disservice. 

One of the flatestt displays under Klopp. Coutinho and Lallana (and Kolo who is just a living legend) tried but the rest weren't worth much of anything. Pity Ojo wasn't on sooner. 

Risky putting everything on a one off final and not securing the European place through the league. Still, at least we didn't lose to them. 

One more game of utter tedium and then the biggie. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

So you're saying when we beat Seville next Wednesday for our record equalling fourth UEFA Cup, we'll then have 1 more total European trophy's (12) the combined total Premierships of anyone not called Manchester United. (11.).

Nice. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Have you graduated from High School yet?

Well wasn't following premier league back then.  I am decently young though, began really following chelsea/premier league in 2002 or so, right before HS.  Honestly just did not realize.

So you're saying when we beat Seville next Wednesday for our record equalling fourth UEFA Cup, we'll then have 1 more total European trophy's (12) the combined total Premierships of anyone not called Manchester United. (11.).

Nice. 

Hail. 

Oh just having a go at you and DC9.  Can't have you two running the soccer thread unopposed.  Plus, Chels got a result from the next mighty Europa League champions, that bodes well for our future next season right??

I don't really have the disdain that a lot of Chelsea fans have for most other teams in the premierhship...hell I can find myself even passively rooting for them in European play.  The only three I will never, ever support in any match are Spuds, the Wengers, and Manpoo.  

• Like 1