Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Think I'd rather be 17 points ahead in the table though tbf.

If they win it. 

If they don't, and we get the Europa final, as a fan, I'd take two major finals in a season ANY day of the week over  a second placed finish.

Interesting when we played 'Spurs the other Saturday tea-time. No question they're playing some blinding stuff and I'm with you they're the most complete team by far at present in England. But as we matched them for the second time this season in a game that again could of gone either way, you were heartened by the fact we're just starting out under Klopp. Who as yet hasn't signed a single player and is only 6 months into working his philosophy in. And we're matching Tottenham who are WAY more advanced in their development under Pocchetino. Along with other games when it has fully clicked and we've seen what we could well be. Our ceiling is massive. Where as you get the feeling Tottenham are currently playing at their maximum and the level we aspire to get to. 

So going forward, I'm liking L'pool's long term prospects far better. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I'd definitely take 2nd place, a title race and a spot in the champions league over losing a Europa League final and a league cup final. Win the Europa League and I'd agree though.

Agree with all your comments about Liverpool. Klopp is clearly the best thing to happen in a long long time and he still hasn't properly put his stamp on the team.

Spurs though for me once they keep hold of Pochettino will keep improving too. Still a very young team.

Depending on what Klopp does in the summer I can see Liverpool and Spurs being top 4 sides for a while to be honest. Both building something really good.

Best idea I've seen on Mou, and I might even pull for him to succeed, is to take the Leeds job bring them up from the Championship.

Jesus Christ himself wouldn't be able to get Leeds out of the Championship with their current owner unfortunately. Edited by Morrison J

Fabregas came out and said that Mourinho's downfall was "trusting the players too much."  Fabregas speaks good English so there is no bad translation here or misuse of words.  trust.  Since Mou left more and more players have come out in his support...Mikel, Fabregas, Costa, even Hazard some.  This Chelsea season is clearly square on the shoulders of the players....even they admit it...and still Mourinho gets sacked.  I don't really care how he portrays himself to the media..they will paint the portrait however they want.  But the players really do seem to like him, and his tactics are generally good (we won the league last year for cryin' out loud!).  I think Roman is more to blame than Mourinho (we signed literally none of the players Mou was begging for) and the players definitely need to be held more accountable.  We pay Hazard 200k a week for literally 0 prem goals.  

Anyway, I think mourinho could make the best of that Utd group.  And certain for the short term as GHH mentioned.  He will definitely require his players.  He is responsible for letting go of two of the top performers in the prem this year (De Bruyne, Lukaku).  His persona is probably also responsible for us not being able to sign John Stones.  Oh well, time to move on.  Just a bit bewildered how the manager is held so accountable the year after winning the double and the players are given a free pass (after admitting it's their fault).  I think Conte is going to come in and do a major overhaul over the next two years.  

The super duper ones problem that he plays way too defensive. You can win that way with tons of talent (as he has everywhere). You also lose the players after a couple of years (as he has everywhere). If you combine his antics, arrogance, unhappy players, boring football...you have to win or the supporters and owners will turn on you (that happens as well).

I would rather a manager that is going to play exciting football. That is going to develop young players. Someone that will energize the fans, players and club...

I personally want him to go to Utd. I think it would be the worst possible move they could make. 

Yeah, he may turn things around short term. But he goes against everything Utd pertain to be with youth and attractive football. Plus their squad is in a real mess and there's a BIG rebuild needs to be done. And if DeGea does go Madrid this summer .....

As for Mourinho himself, unless he's had an epiphany and has COMPLETELY reinvented himself, he could well completely implode his career there. The self inflicted damage he's done to his image his second go-around at Chelsea when he just came back a real nasty SOB ..... not sure he recovers from that if he fails his next job. 

Hail. 

Couldn't agree more.

Mou is a shell of his 'former self', which wasn't so great IMHO.  He led the charge to play "park the bus", but not much else.  Works for smaller, less talented clubs but just stifles any creativity for good sides.  He'd completely kill off United and most likely end up worse off than he is now.

That would be fantastic.

Mourinho's whole schtick is 3 years, win as many trophies as possible, and then leave.  That I can agree with as it's basically proven at this point.  However, his tactics working for only smaller clubs? He has managed some of the biggest clubs in all of Europe, and is set to do so again next year.  He has been a winner everywhere he has gone.  He has a very certain style of play that will anger some, but that doesn't mean it's not inventive or creative.  There were no better cheers last year than when opposing fans would sing "boring boring Chelsea" because it meant we had a stranglehold on the game.  Chels lead end to end last year in the most competitive league in the world, setting numerous records along the way.  

If he goes to ManU, they will get better.  As far as leaving clubs worse off than when he came...well if Chelsea's current season are any barometer then it wouldn't look pretty for ManU in 4 years time.  However, I'd much rather have Utd remain on the precipice of top 4 for the next decade (by not signing mou) than have them win a couple of trophies for a few years and eventually slide back down the table (as they will if they have mou).  

Danny Ings facey page:

Danny Ings 

20 hrs 

This might be a strange request but there's an Everton fan going to be sitting in the Anfield Road end for the derby in the home section, he hasn't been to a match since been verbally abused by Manchester City fans a while back and has been very scared to go ever since, i'm told the poor lad suffers from Autism, so i plead with any Match going fans here who will be in The Annie Road end like myself to be respectful to the poor lad and give him an experience that will make him want to go to games again.

5.1k Likes174 Comments4k Shares 

Is rite Danny lad. This was the lad who was abused by the big 'hard' City fans the League Cup semi. 

Real nice of kings to publicly run with that. Some things just transcend football. He'll be sound tomorrow.

Hail. 

• Like 2

This is just brilliant. Klopp, Kevin Ratcliffe and Jim Beglin sat down discussing the Derby:

Jurgen Klopp on his first Liverpool v Everton derby - exclusive interview - Liverpool Echo

Part 2: Jurgen Klopp talks derby history in part two of our exclusive interview - Liverpool Echo

I would rather a manager that is going to play exciting football. That is going to develop young players. Someone that will energize the fans, players and club...

Do you know I believe those Scouse chaps have got such a gentlemen. Real popular I believe he is too. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Being it originated in the Daily Star I'd say there's more chance of me wearing a royal blue shirt and singing anti-L'pool songs tomorrow. 

Hail.

You just mentioned my whole day tomorrow. :lol:   (for the rest of you, that was sarcasm - hence the blue font).

Bayern finally got a second, but it was due to a terrible dive by Vidal.  Love the player, HATE the dive.  Ref has had a bad game overall.  At least they are going to Berlin next month.

You just mentioned my whole day tomorrow. :lol:(for the rest of you, that was sarcasm - hence the blue font).

Bayern finally got a second, but it was due to a terrible dive by Vidal. Love the player, HATE the dive. Ref has had a bad game overall. At least they are going to Berlin next month.

That was bad. Unnecessary too.

WellRed, this was too good not to post

Look at Rafa stealing points from City. We could be 3 points off 3rd place if we win these next two.

How crazy is that?

Haha I saw that I was just surprised they were selling tickets online! Most games in scotland are pay at the gate.

Think city are just concentrating on the champions league wouldn't be surprised to see their league form dip.

That'll be brenden Rodgers squad building that's got u there,lots of good character in the squad :P

Edited by Wellred93
  • Like 1

That'll be brenden Rodgers squad building that's got u there,lots of good character in the squad :P

Steady.

:lol:

I think if you go back and read this thread (why you'd want to I have no idea!) but most of us supported Rodgers until the end of last season.

He's a mid-table manager with mid-table ideas.  He was never going to get these performances out of the players and he had long lost the room by Gerrard's final match at Stoke.

Steady.

:lol:

I think if you go back and read this thread (why you'd want to I have no idea!) but most of us supported Rodgers until the end of last season.

He's a mid-table manager with mid-table ideas. He was never going to get these performances out of the players and he had long lost the room by Gerrard's final match at Stoke.

I was just on the wind up don't worry. Would agree was just like moyes good manager but just out of his depth at a big club.

Being it originated in the Daily Star I'd say there's more chance of me wearing a royal blue shirt and singing anti-L'pool songs tomorrow. 

Hail.

That's in line with our thinking on Boston earlier.  Main stand is almost done so they're about ready to flip.

Only funny thing is I'm not sure Jurgen's the "spending" type, so to speak.  Though I'm sure he's refined his approach a bit during the sebatical.

Same piece had us going after Lewi if I'm thinking of the right one.  Pajak was talking about it this morning.

I do think Boston sells, and no way Henry turns down that money... but I'm not sure he sells the club yet.

• Like 1

Think I'd rather be 17 points ahead in the table though tbf.

Was basically going to say the same thing GHH did...

If we win Europa and Spurs finish second, after literally bowing out the BVB by playing scrubs just so they could focus on the league... it's going to feel a lot like Tot'num.

Very interested to see how Leicester do this weekend sans Vardy.  This will either be the start of something special for Spurs or the Leicester will start picking out a playlist for the end of the season.

And for the sake of this thread.... don't let us win Europa AND catch back up to 4th.

You'll be hearing about that and the war chest all summer.

• Like 1