Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Can't get beat tonight. First and foremost that's the imperative thing. A draw wouldn't be bad at all in relation to the group. But if we can get the win and Sion beat Bordeaux we're all but qualified so hopefully it's more or less put to bed tonight. 

He's the first manager since Paisley in '74 to go unbeaten his first five BTW. Bob went his first 8 before defeat. 

So let's go do these and keep the winning run going!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Wow, nothing on Benzema from Fr or any of the Arsenal supporters?

There's a reason this thread is Red...

Can't get beat tonight. First and foremost that's the imperative thing. A draw wouldn't be bad at all in relation to the group. But if we can get the win and Sion beat Bordeaux we're all but qualified so hopefully it's more or less put to bed tonight. 

He's the first manager since Paisley in '74 to go unbeaten his first five BTW. Bob went his first 8 before defeat. 

So let's go do these and keep the winning run going!

Hail. 

I for one, am optimistic.

No idea why.  Just feel good about today.

I did just under a half-marathon this morning, so it could be the muscle relaxors talking. 

• Like 1

I for one, am optimistic.

No idea why. Just feel good about today.

I did just under a half-marathon this morning, so it could be the muscle relaxors talking.

Lil' bro', if Klopp announced junior was starting up front I'd be bouncing off me tits in excitement ..... Because I implicitly believe!

Something about having the best manager in the league that makes you that way. :)

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Barcelona to retain. But do you ever listen? Same with the league. 

I'll take anyones money we both win the European Cup again before Munich and win the League before Arsenal next do. 

Hail. 

Many, you keep spouting this crap, even though you have been in the CL once in the past 10 years (and quickly crashed into Europa).  How about you wait, and wait, and wait (and wait some-more) until you actually get back to the CL before you keep this stuff up.  Leave UCL for the big-boys, not the want to be's. ;)

I can GUARANTEE one thing, though - Liverpool will lose a Europa match before Bayern ever play in that competition again.

You're not out yet. 

The smart thing for Munich to do would be to play out a draw with Olympiacos. But if they just go roll them, and you beat Dynamo, it's a shoot-out in Piraeus the last game. 

Highly unlikely. But possible. 

Hail. 

Why?  Bayern don't worry about Arsenal and if they move forward.  They just worry about themselves.

Oh no, I'm cool. Losing 5-1 is unacceptable but like I said, we beat them not too long ago. But of course the #soarsenal narrative is going to go crazy from here on out

The true issues were ****ting the bed against Olmpiakos and Zagreb

i wouldn't be knocking at team like olympiakos. they have persistently made noise in the champions league years and years on end. last year was just bs when atheltico and juve both played keep away at the expense of them.

What a great first half.

If not for that great save at the end and Joe Allen trying to fight Benteke off the ball in the box we might be up 2-0.

78% possession.  Absolutely shredding.

Allen has been okay, Milner has been the worst, for me, but even he has had a couple of moments.

I'd let it breathe a little bit in the 2nd. 

BTW... I don't know what Klopp is doing with Ibe... but Ibe and Firmino have been ridiculous this first half.

First out, Milner or Allen? Surprised Lucas didn't get the nod, but going 90 last match, probably wants him fit for CP Sunday.

Gotta save something for Sunday.

And I'm sure Allen is not in the long term plans of Klopp... unless he plays himself into form here.

Emre is bossing that midfield so Allen just needs to not **** it up.

• Like 1

BTW... I don't know what Klopp is doing with Ibe... but Ibe and Firmino have been ridiculous this first half.

Amazing the difference in Ibe in just a few weeks. Had looked so promising second half last season, but seemed to have no confidence this season with Rodgers on the bench. Klopp enters, and Ibe has been transformed. He and Firmino have been everywhere this half.

• Like 2