Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This has turned into a Liverpool thread.  Way too much Red.

-  On to other news, appears Arsenal is playing the best football at the moment in the premier league.

-  Though it would never happen, it would be unbelievable if Chelsea got regulated.

-  I was hoping Man U would show some more this season, but they are too many players away from competing for the title.

-  Who the heck is Leicester City?  At this rate they will be playing UEFA next season.

-  And finally, LP still needs better players, beating up on a poor team today.

WALK ON

WALK ON

WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEARTS

AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

IT'S THEM SCOUSERS AGAIN!

Best £ 55 ticket price paid in frigging EONS!

Does it get ANY better than beating the rent boy ***** on their own patch?

Utterly dominant performance from start to finish. Even the Chelsea goal came from our f-up. Dominated the first half without creating anything (not that they did) until Phil's piece of magic. And the just had no answer the second half to the workrate and passion. Thought Lucas was fantastic (ironic to see they're complaining that he should o gone after Skrtel saved Costa from a defo red), as were the two FB's. Firmino great again. And what can you say about Phil? About time he returned. And how. Benteke superb when he came on. Only Milner poor again but the team performance was superb. 

And Klopp's celebrations are something special on the touchline. 

Brilliant, brilliant day out as it stepped up another notch for the fifth game running. 

'YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE!'

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

And Klopp's celebrations are something special on the touchline. 

The last thing the rest of the league wants is this talent getting confident.

I wouldn't say they're guns blazing yet, but they took a big step towards it today.

Phil also had Benteke late for a 4th but missed the through ball and Moreno... I think he picked the right shot, Begovic just got to it.

Awesome showing by the Mighty Reds today.  Lots to build on :)

EDIT:  Can I add that I loved how the boys went straight into the crowd after the Benteke goal?

That was rock star-esque right there

https://twitter.com/TheGlobalKop/status/660586873690148864

This has turned into a Liverpool thread.  Way too much Red.

-  On to other news, appears Arsenal is playing the best football at the moment in the premier league.

Well... I think I'm the only one in the thread who had Arsenal winning the league.  I had us replacing City... not sure anyone saw Chelsea falling like this.  But I'll take replacing them top 4 instead of City.

Did you see Bellerin make that stop today?

Good lord, have to respect play like that.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Hey Pool, way to go. Very nice win.

Love to see Mou look like someone just farted in his face.

Nice to see DC9 enjoying his son playing footie, and at that age, that means every position.  As a father watching his son play his last few college hockey games, I can only tell you and every other parent to cherish watching every time they play - you will soon enough be watching their last one and wondering where all the time went.

Oh, and to DC9 (and GHH etc), watching today's match, I can certainly say that Neuer can dribble better than at least 7 of  your out-field players  :P !!!!

• Like 1

He wanted me to stand behind him when he was back there :lol:

What part of NC? I'm in Charlotte myself. My youngest (16 year old) tired of the club grind (was gonna have to play for the same coach 3rd year straight, and didn't care for her much), so is playing rec league here for her 3rd season, dominating the juniors and seniors, though she's only a sophomore herself. Having fun playing again, and that's what counts. 32 games and counting without a loss since she joined last year. Amazing record at ANY level.

If you're nearby, we should get together and take in a Reds match some day.

What part of NC? I'm in Charlotte myself. My youngest (16 year old) tired of the club grind (was gonna have to play for the same coach 3rd year straight, and didn't care for her much), so is playing rec league here for her 3rd season, dominating the juniors and seniors, though she's only a sophomore herself. Having fun playing again, and that's what counts. 32 games and counting without a loss since she joined last year. Amazing record at ANY level.

If you're nearby, we should get together and take in a Reds match some day.

I'm at Fort Bragg, so about 2 hours and change away.

There are some really good Reds clubs that meet here.  I hung out with a few of the Charlotte club members last season when we played Milan at Bank of America (very nice stadium and Charlotte is a very clean city, I noticed that it was well-kept) and they were all very nice.  We sat behind the goal  in the LFC end where Suso scored at the end.  Raleigh also has a pretty good club up there.

My only thing is that I don't believe Fayetteville does and I'm not really up for driving an hour that early in the morning for most of the kicks.

When I move back to the DMV I'll most definitely hit up a couple of the spots or start my own once I settle back into my area.

I'm definitely down for something a little later in the year... say a top 4 clincher or better? :D

And I have no idea what my son or daughter will want to do.  I'm going to let the boy play basketball this year to see if he likes it.  I figure since I'm head over heels for both footballs and hockey, he'll likely get into Basketball or Baseball (or no sports, lol) and that's fine.  I'm going to make sure he has the opportunity to find what he likes, though.  My daughter actually tries harder than he does at all three, so we'll see.  And we all have a blast, which is important. :)

Oh, and to DC9 (and GHH etc), watching today's match, I can certainly say that Neuer can dribble better than at least 7 of  your out-field players  :P !!!!

You're so vane, sir. :P

I thought what Jurgy was saying a couple of weeks ago (very candidly to the press) was spot on and put the finger right on what a lot of us have been thinking, and that was "It's almost like the players are so used to playing for a draw that they've forgot how to be creative".  When I said "they have to remember that they don't suck," that's pretty much what I meant.  Hopefully yesterday was a step in that direction.

DC!!!!!

United!!!!!!!!

Big one today!

It's on ESPN at 3 pm EST, so no excuses for not watching ya'll!

1st leg and Red Bulls are one of the teams with money, but we'll see what happens!

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

I'm definitely down for something a little later in the year... say a top 4 clincher or better? :D

That would be fantastic.

I grew up in Arlington a basketball fiend. Ended up being a bit better football (American) player. My older daughter, now at Clemson, loved soccer, and played basketball because I coached. She is not nearly as athletically talented as the wee one, but more driven. She got my Dutch genes and grew to 6ft. And became a solid bench post player for the NC 4A state Champs a couple years ago.

If the little one only had her drive, I wouldn't have to pay for her college.

Did you hoist a pint or two at Hooligans here in the Queen City? That's where the LFC supporters usually meet. I live a couple blocks from Big Bens. I generally go there for the big games, even though they are stinking Gunners backers.

• Like 1

Did you hoist a pint or two at Hooligans here in the Queen City? That's where the LFC supporters usually meet. I live a couple blocks from Big Bens. I generally go there for the big games, even though they are stinking Gunners backers.

Kind of funny how that works out, but in my experience LFC and Arsenal fans get along pretty well (not just on this board, either - as I like to say "Real gangstas don't flex nuts, cause real gangstas know they got 'em).  Not really sure why that is.  I geniunely only get along with one Chelsea fan, and it's not because he's my boss, it's because he's a good dude.  For example, right as time expired yesterday I texted him that he might want to take the week off to which he replied "I've already started the paper work... ass" :lol:

I didn't get out to the match until about 5 minutes til kickoff.  We underestimated how long the wait would be for the mass transportation there (which was efficient, but we had just missed the train when we parked and then had to wait about 15-20 minutes for the next one).

We bailed out shortly after the match since it ended late and we had to drive all the way back across the state.  So most of my mingling happened in and around the stadium. Really cool experience and a really laid back town.  I noticed a lot of very cool things about Charlotte on that trip.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

We bailed out shortly after the match since it ended late and we had to drive all the way back across the state. So most of my mingling happened in and around the stadium. Really cool experience and a really laid back town. I noticed a lot of very cool things about Charlotte on that trip.

Yeah. Been here 21 years now. The DMV will always be home, but love this area as well. Biding time now until I move a bit south and east (Hilton Head) to keep my old bones warm. :) Plus, the golf is pretty good down there.

• Like 1

BBC 5 live Sport ‏@5liveSport 2h2 hours ago :"I'd rather lose than win for Mourinho"Claim by unnamed #CFC player revealed on Sportsweek http://

If he's lost  the dressing room it's the beginning of the end. 

Hail. 

You never know... that took us almost a year :lol:

And we're talking the Deluded One, not even the Special One.

This is why I'm glad that Boston moved when they did, though... if Klopp is out there then they have the choice between Klopp and Carlo.  Now it's basically Carlo or status quo.

Yeah. Been here 21 years now. The DMV will always be home, but love this area as well. Biding time now until I move a bit south and east (Hilton Head) to keep my old bones warm. :) Plus, the golf is pretty good down there.

Dated a girl from Hilton Head about 12 years ago... visited her parents house and was like... Yeah, probably outkicking my coverage here :lol:

Definitely a good spot, though.  And the golf game there is definitely plus plus.

Absolutely imparative to not be behind or level after today unless its 0-0.

The last several times we've lost to NYRB has been from having to get one back because of an away goal.

Have to win this one to take it up to NY nice and relaxed.

The 'unnamed' Chelsea player is an A1 ****house BTW who needs weeding out the club. 

Heard that Hazard "liked" a post on instagram linking him to Real Madrid.

Maybe it was his intern, tho

We were having the conversation, among many conversations. coming home last night about how balls out there Klopp was in his first massive game yesterday and how great it is to have such a pro-active manager that say's 'f playing for a point. Let's go do these!' for the first time in ages. 

Starting Firmino up front rather than Origi who'd he'd had a good look at the first 4 games and who just wasn't contributing. Making the first change at 1-1, in taking off the captain and defensive minded midfielder Milner for Benteke. Switching out Firmino for Ibe after we went 2-1 up to stretch the play and look for the third which he subsequently provided when we all thought it would be Lucas who'd nearly walked he'd change. 

All at Stamford Bridge, against the Champions, who, regardless of their current form, we'd not beaten for 9 games going in. 

Love that ballsy approach. Outside of 2 years ago when have last had that?

The good times are returning boys. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Don't let the brat know but I'mma hold my hands up on Benteke too. 

I was very down on that signing (mainly the fee paid); but from what we've seen of him, not least the last two substitute appearances, he looks to have everything to be the complete centre forward. Dynamite in the air, and not only fantastically strong at winning any ball upto him, but an excellent touch to go with it. Hard working. Quick. And that was a real strikers goal yesterday to complete the picture. 

I'd say unless we go to a 2, or play Sturridge just off him as part of the advanced three behind; Daniel is going to really struggle to get back in and is currently our number 2 forward even when fit. 

Real happy to be real wrong on Christian. Hoping I lose the 'bet' in glorious fashion. 

Hail. 

• Like 2