Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Best and most enjoyable European away game in a LONG time. Excellent display. 

And Sion have drawn 1-1 so not only is that a big sep toward qualification,  winning the group is now back on. 

Excellent night. 6 and counting. 

Hail. 

Absolutely amazing isn't it?

And it's little things like, playing your players in their positions - or not managing scared.

That Milner for Lallana sub was AWESOME.  Sure, it was just a sub, and the other teams' supporters are probably laughing... but we're used to seeing a back 6 that late in the game and playing for a point.

He conditioning the players physically and mentally to go for the throat.

Absolutely amazing isn't it?

And it's little things like, playing your players in their positions - or not managing scared.

That Milner for Lallana sub was AWESOME.  Sure, it was just a sub, and the other teams' supporters are probably laughing... but we're used to seeing a back 6 that late in the game and playing for a point.

He conditioning the players physically and mentally to go for the throat.

As was the intelligent sub of Lucas to close it out. There's not a game we're gonna' play when he doesn't go to win and that's awesomely brilliant. Chelsea, Barcelona, Munich, anywhere. Yeah, they'll be a tactical plan to counteract those teams naturally and he's show already to be great at that. But ultimately he want's to win every fricking game. 

People can laugh and throw up the recent past in their vein attempts to quell the euphoria. But this is different. Now we have one of the best managers out there that everyone FULLY believes in. Yeah, the playing personnel ultimately needs upgrading and theres aways to go.  

But Liverpool Football Club are seriously relevant again and everyone knows it even if they openly won't admit it. 

Our cycle is coming around again lil' bro'. Man is it ****ing fantastic to be a red!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Stat of the day:

Jurgen Klopp has won one game in Europe with Liverpool within three weeks. 

Everton have won 6 games in Europe the past 46 years!

Hail. 

Just saw that on the Redmen TV post match :lol:

#Heysel

• Like 1

Just saw that on the Redmen TV post match :lol:

#Heysel

Ha ha. I came across those two the first time the Southampton game. Never seen them the match before by some weird thing. We normally meet under 206 half time, but I had a Bournemouth ticket to pass on to a mate further under the Kop and they were stood by him. Amused me listening as Chris was giving this in depth analysis and the other one basically boiling it down to simple Scouse terms along the lines of 'Mate, **** that. That was utter ****e, Klopp needs to slap them around and get it sorted for the second half.'

Hail. 

• Like 1

Kids these days... all of them.  Always think it's a play calling thing... or a coach thing... or a strategy thing.

Sometimes you just need to be a boss and get in the face of some people.  I do it once every 4 or 5 months with my guys.  You almost have to.  It's how you keep productivity high and remind folks that you used to be a bad mamma jamma lol

But I like them both.  Chris and Paul are both hilarious and they put out a great product.

• Like 1

Stat of the day:

Jurgen Klopp has won one game in Europe with Liverpool within three weeks. 

Everton have won 6 games in Europe the past 46 years!

Hail. 

Liverpool has won 1 UCL match since 2009 (vs that top club Ludogrets).

Bayern have won the UCL trophy once since then, and have been in one final, an 2 semi-finals since then.

Heck, Arsenal have won more UCL matches in the last calendar year than Pool have since 2009.

But, hey, nice win over YourKrapStillCantPlayProperFutbolIstanTistk.  We are all impressed.   :D

I was waiting for the multitude of Vines today on that. Awesome. 

He is one of us. 

Liverpool has won 1 UCL match since 2009 (vs that top club Ludogrets).

Bayern have won the UCL trophy once since then, and have been in one final, an 2 semi-finals since then.

Heck, Arsenal have won more UCL matches in the last calendar year than Pool have since 2009.

But, hey, nice win over YourKrapStillCantPlayProperFutbolIstanTistk.  We are all impressed.   :D

I'll put your fixation on the Klopp-less recent past down to your big concern over the Klopp lead future. Whether you'll openly admit it or not. 

Jurgen Klopp. The man you badly wanted to replace Pep who Utd are going to be coming all guns blazing for next summer. 

Hail. 

I was waiting for the multitude of Vines today on that. Awesome. 

He is one of us. 

I'll put your fixation on the Klopp-less recent past down to your big concern over the Klopp lead future. Whether you'll openly admit it or not. 

Jurgen Klopp. The man you badly wanted to replace Pep who Utd are going to be coming all guns blazing for next summer. 

Hail. 

Nope - his ways are too helter-skelter for Bayern.

Has Bayern ever had a rough patch or did they just buy their way out of it?

Ironic, considering that Pool spent considerably more money over the past several years than Bayern.

They spend, but do so wisely. :D

Ironic, considering that Pool spent considerably more money over the past several years than Bayern.

They spend, but do so wisely. :D

You won't get any arguments from any of us on the "transfer committee", but there's a difference.  One team pulls money out of thin air, the other uses money that it earns from selling players.

Also, you'd be interested to know the figures of our net spending.  For instance, this season our net spending was about 12 mil.

Now about that rough patch?

Edited by DC9

Revisionist history a Baverian thing too?

Hail. 

Not at all, he was never considered for the job (you know, where Pep is coaching).  You are just so used to bad coaching that you now think Klopp is much better than he really is.  I feel for you, it's kinda like when no girls talk to you for years, even a '6' looks like a '9'. 

You won't get any arguments from any of us on the "transfer committee", but there's a difference.  One team pulls money out of thin air, the other uses money that it earns from selling players.

Also, you'd be interested to know the figures of our net spending.  For instance, this season our net spending was about 12 mil.

Now about that rough patch?

Wow, your lack of understanding of how the Bundisliga operates is really staggering, considering your friend Google would show you just how wrong you are.

In Germany, by LAW, each BL club must be owned at a rate of 51+% by the fans.  Not a Russian mob, err oil tycoon, not a Middle East slave, err oil shiek, and not by the Boston Red Sox.  By the way, Bayern is around 92% fan owned.

They must show how they get their money (not funneled by outside sources), how they spend it, and show a profit at the end.  Bayern does all of these.  They only spend what they earn, audited by the German FA and the government, and it is all completely legal and on the up and up.

Contrast this to EPL sides (and don't get me started on the ridiculous way Spain does things) and you will see you don't have a leg to stand on.

Don't hate because your transfer policies suck, instead look at how a proper side runs a club.

Now, about your clubs money.....

And throw in the weather is better in Bavaria along with the beautiful alps and friendly people.  Got the Oktoberfest in the Fall and so on.

Back to soccer, I think Klopp is great for LP.  But, like I said before, let's wait and see how things upfold.  They still need players.  Barca and RM are so good because they have the best player from Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, etc. and high quality Spainish players.  LP, ARs, etc. can't say that.  Bayern has a list of top German players mixed in with quality from other countries, and I would say Robben and Lewandowski are the best players from their country.

And the comment about Bayern not having a rough patch says more about their overall quality and lack of overall quality of other clubs.  Don't hate.

• Like 1

Not at all, he was never considered for the job (you know, where Pep is coaching).  You are just so used to bad coaching that you now think Klopp is much better than he really is.  I feel for you, it's kinda like when no girls talk to you for years, even a '6' looks like a '9'. 

Your personnel revisionist history given you spent months telling us there was no way we could attract Klopp and he was Munich bound as Peps successor. 

And since when has 50+1 been German law when not every Bundesliga club follows the model? 

Hail. 

Wow, your lack of understanding of how the Bundisliga operates is really staggering, considering your friend Google would show you just how wrong you are.

In Germany, by LAW, each BL club must be owned at a rate of 51+% by the fans.  Not a Russian mob, err oil tycoon, not a Middle East slave, err oil shiek, and not by the Boston Red Sox.  By the way, Bayern is around 92% fan owned.

They must show how they get their money (not funneled by outside sources), how they spend it, and show a profit at the end.  Bayern does all of these.  They only spend what they earn, audited by the German FA and the government, and it is all completely legal and on the up and up.

Contrast this to EPL sides (and don't get me started on the ridiculous way Spain does things) and you will see you don't have a leg to stand on.

Don't hate because your transfer policies suck, instead look at how a proper side runs a club.

Now, about your clubs money.....

I almost forgot... Jurgen was never outbid by Bayern. 

It's all equal and on the up and up.

Why don't you and the other 90% of the owners pool some money together and check out this venture opportunity I'm working on:

bridge-for-sale.png

• Like 1

And throw in the weather is better in Bavaria along with the beautiful alps and friendly people.  Got the Oktoberfest in the Fall and so on.

Of all the places I've been in Germany Munich thus far sadly isn't one of them as much I'd like. But the very last time I'd go is during Oktoberfest. It's a veritable haven for pissed up, A-hole Brits. 

And I see enough of that up and down this Country to not want it when I'm away. Which is a shame because without that Oktoberfest could be a blast. 

Hail. 

• Like 1