Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

0-0 at HT is not the worst thing in the world.

Opari is the MOTM so far.

We need some kind of midfield, though...

Don't let the brat know but I'mma hold my hands up on Benteke too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2323989/Christian-Benteke-lined-Borussia-Dortmund-replace-Robert-Lewandowski.html

Dortmund line up £20m Villa striker Benteke as replacement for Lewandowski

So ****ing MLS.... a defo, no doubt Red card isn't given to NYRB and then they score an offside goal off a set piece.

There's their away goal...

This ****ing league...

Follow the money.

How can you cheat someone like this?

• Like 2

Ugly performance. 

If I had driven up to DC for that I would've killed someone on my way down

It's so hard watching DCU offensively. They routinely try long balls when no one is in the box. Just not talented enough.

But that missed call was bull****

I'm telling you... Ibrahimovic as soon as that stadium opens up.

• Like 1

It's so hard watching DCU offensively. They routinely try long balls when no one is in the box. Just not talented enough.

But that missed call was bull****

It's the paradox of American soccer. Players not skilled enough so they play long ball. What's easier, controlling a40y pass in the air with a defender on your back or 10-15 yard passes on the ground.

It's sad that Caleb Porter is giving up on the way his Akron teams played and got him the professional gigs. Now he's probably goig to end up anothe clone that cycles through MLS teams.

Yeah, drives me crazy.

Not sure who lacks a midfield more, the MLS or the Women's World Cup last year.

DC has to goon it up though... that's the only way they can stay in games and Olsen knows it.  We spend less than any other team in the league and make it about this far every year.

Just far enough for the fans to get pissed off about how little money we spend every year.

That's your paradox.

It's the paradox of American soccer. Players not skilled enough so they play long ball. What's easier, controlling a40y pass in the air with a defender on your back or 10-15 yard passes on the ground.

It's sad that Caleb Porter is giving up on the way his Akron teams played and got him the professional gigs. Now he's probably goig to end up anothe clone that cycles through MLS teams.

I agree, a team that stays back, defends all the time, and can only score when a ball is played 30 +yards in the air, into the box, is no way to play, son.   :lol:

(and let's see who gets it in 3, 2, 1, ......)

• Like 1

I felt we didn't attack enough but that was my opinion. I had joined with like 3 minutes to go in halftime (thanks Metro for your stupid single tracking and holding at a station for like 30 minutes) and my seats were in the corner right next to the field so I'd definitely know if United were attacking or not (Olsen and the United Bench were right in front) and it didn't seem like they did for most of the second half. 

Of course the bad thing about sitting in the corner of RFK is that the Red Bulls cheering section is right abovce you in the 2nd level (for some reason they opened up the top to away supporters) and they were singing "Twist and Shout"...the entire song. How do you do that. What a weird chant. Anyway they were just yelling and singing all game and drowning out the Barra Bravas and it was stupid. **** New York. 

Hopefully United can win the second leg. Would be a shame for that to be the last game at RFK this season. 

Yeah, two things for me have this as a done deal

1)  Jurgen's face at the FT handshake was somber.  Very respectful to other members of the coaching fraternity.

2)  Jose, in his presser, mentioned "the fans aren't stupid".  That was one of the few things he said.

Still, I don't know why they don't ride it out with Moreno.  He's an ass but who is out there right now that is better than him for Chelsea?  Not that I mind them making a wrong decision or anything.

• Like 1

Yeah, two things for me have this as a done deal

1)  Jurgen's face at the FT handshake was somber.  Very respectful to other members of the coaching fraternity.

2)  Jose, in his presser, mentioned "the fans aren't stupid".  That was one of the few things he said.

Still, I don't know why they don't ride it out with Moreno.  He's an ass but who is out there right now that is better than him for Chelsea?  Not that I mind them making a wrong decision or anything.

And to add to his pretty ****ing ****ty day, Eva is taking personal legal action against him and the FA have banned him from all grounds for a game and slapped him with a £ 40K fine, taking it to a 100K in fines on the season. 

Gonna' be freaking hilarious if he does indeed get canned next weekend. He'll be letting rip on EVERYONE!

Couldn't be happening to a nicer gob****e and a better ****bag club. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

This blert is beyond priceless .....

'The Scouse scum' ..... 'Scum, Scouse idiots. Those nasty, horrible people' ..... He's nearly growling there LMAO. What a complete beut. 

As this is more than likely your usual gob****e manner Charles, Nigel, Quentin or WTF whopper name yers go by, 3-1 lid.  :D. Karma's a MF ****!

Hail. 

• Like 1

'The Scouse scum' ..... 'Scum, Scouse idiots. Those nasty, horrible people' ..... He's nearly growling there LMAO. What a complete beut. 

Wow :lol:

I actually don't disagree about Morinho at Chelsea, said as much right after the match... but the "FA conspiracy" bit is absolutely hilarious.

They focus so much on the Lucas and Can clash with Ramires but none of them even noticed that Costa kicked Skrtel down and then kicked Skrtel when both were on the ground... and THEN ****ing went full **** fetal position when Skrtel raised up on him.  :lol:   EASILLY a straight red.

Respect to the interviewer there for saying the form is the problem.  The fans seem to think they have some god given right to be bailed out with a call because it's happened so much.

That is hilarious.

They should hire Rodgers....

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Glad to see we're almost back to poetry in motion

What stands out there as much as Phil's very welcome return to form/ regaining his confidence; is the amount of one-two's we're now emphasising in our play under Klopp. 

There's been very noticeable improvements in both the way we play as a team and in most every players performances (bar Milner) in each of the 5 games which is a miraculous achievement in itself. Rarely if ever does a manager come in, not least during the season, and have such an immediate effect. 

With Mourinho on the slippery slope, outside of Wenger we arguably have the best manager in the league. And when he add's some of the best players, it's a mouth watering prospect. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

There's been very noticeable improvements in both the way we play as a team and in most every players performances (bar Milner) in each of the 5 games which is a miraculous achievement in itself. Rarely if ever does a manager come in, not least during the season, and have such an immediate effect. 

With Mourinho on the slippery slope, outside of Wenger we arguably have the best manager in the league. And when he add's some of the best players, it's a mouth watering prospect. 

Hail. 

It's the perfect storm, really.  We were all very impressed with this transfer window, and at least I was relatively impressed with last years window in what we did with the Suarez money (though I wanted Wilfried Bony over Balotelli and Origi, but I digress - cause I also wanted Shaqiri) it was just a matter of how Rodgers was going to use them.

There's a ton of technical ability in these players and plenty of creativity (again, barring Milner - whose work rate is still very good) they just haven't been allowed to use it.  Rodgers played our team to combat everyone else's strengths... we never had an identity since Suarez left.  For me, it was not that we didn't have the players, it's that Rodgers had his own "safe" way of going about things.  Never saw two up top, never saw a false nine playing with the center forward, never saw anything but lump the ball forward to our number 9 out on an island and then hope for something better to come out of it.

I don't think we're there yet cause Chelsea really is ****, but we're on our way to "playing like we don't suck" or in Jurgen's words "not playing for a draw".

I mean... ****, remember last year where we were talking about how we looked exactly the same against QPR as we did against Real Madrid!  That's is what the **** we were talking about!

So happy to be on from that mess.  Can't wait for this weekend.  Hopefully we get a healthy Sturridge!

Edited by DC9

Sturridge is out until after the International break at the earliest little bro'. And I just love that Klopp won't rush anyone back if they aren't match fit so he's quite a bit to show in training yet.

I also think he's now the second choice striker if it's a one. Maybe he plays as part of the three playing off Christian. But the whole landscape has changed on Daniel,

If he doesn't get healthy and put the maximum in I honestly don't think he'll be here next year. Klopp will just go 'can't rely on yer. Sorry mate but the team comes first' and move on.

All on Sturridge going forward,

Hail.

Yeah I've really liked what Ibe has provided off the bench late. 

Curious to see what kind of money Klopp gets in January from Boston.

Bellerin out. 

Even though it didn't count, that was still one of the most hustle plays I've ever seen.  In any sport.

Evil empire just killed himself thanks to Trapp, Cavani, and subsequently the poor officiating.

For me, the evil empire won that game but I get where you are coming from! :lol:

Jurgen seems really excited about this Ryan Kent kid we've got loaned out to Coventry.  Don't even know anything about him and I thought I was pretty up on the academy products.