Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Meh, still bitten by Pato and injury's from Milan. 

World class talent. When he's healthy. Encouraging he's recently been healthy but still. We have a forward like that already. 

But hey, if Klopp wanted him, I'd be buzzing. If Klopp wanted to bring in Altidore, I'd be optimistic. Because he ****ing knows what he's doing and you can just relax in the knowledge that whomever comes in will fit his style and be an upgrade on what we have. 

He has this. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I'm curious if he's calling Sturridge a malingerer with this move....

I know he's just soft, but I'm curious.  Arguably Pato has his last shot at a big club here.  Both have worldy talent, but have had their share of injury issues.

Could be over thinking it, he could be just saying to himself "odds are I'll have at least one of them fit" :lol:

I'm curious if he's calling Sturridge a malingerer with this move....

I know he's just soft, but I'm curious.  Arguably Pato has his last shot at a big club here.  Both have worldy talent, but have had their share of injury issues.

Could be over thinking it, he could be just saying to himself "odds are I'll have at least one of them fit" :lol:

Don't get ahead of yourself lil' bro'. 

There's gonna' be a multitude of rumours  the next few months. Don't bank on anything until it's official from the club. 

Hail. 

This goes out to all the Chelsea fans out there

Ha ha. Nice. Cruel, but nice. 

This is the first time ever a defending English champion has lost 7 of it's first 12 games in defence of the title. That's not just Premiership. That's in the leagues entirety. It started in 1888!

As much as I'm LOVING what;s going on down there (couldn't be happening to a more horrible set of ****s!); I never in a million years dreamt they would be going through this. Hell, I had them down to retain the title the begin of the year. Now, in NOVEMBER, I'm categorically rolling them out of even a top 4 finish being they're already FIVE games out.

Hell, when we beat Palace tomorrow we'll be 3 games clear of Chelsea. Could you EVER of dreamt that scenario back in August?

LONG may it continue. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just got through watching his Palace presser. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qWG2Wq_0mY).

Loving the fact he completely batted away all the tired, a-typical English European excuses over the Thursday night game/ mammoth travel/ early Friday return etc. 

SO refreshing to just deal and get on with it without looking for an out before the next games even begun.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Your personnel revisionist history given you spent months telling us there was no way we could attract Klopp and he was Munich bound as Peps successor. 

And since when has 50+1 been German law when not every Bundesliga club follows the model? 

Hail. 

Good lord, you really are living in a bubble.

EVERY BL side needs to follow it:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%2B1_rule

No revisionist, just the facts.

Bayern didn't go after Klopp, well, because he's a nice manager, but not top level like they have.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you need to live in the real world sometime, not Liverpool.

I almost forgot... Jurgen was never outbid by Bayern. 

It's all equal and on the up and up.

Why don't you and the other 90% of the owners pool some money together and check out this venture opportunity I'm working on:

{pic of bridge being bought by Red Sox Owners}

wow, you never quit, even when shown to be completely wrong.

Bayern earn ever penny of their money, not given by outside sources (ie Boston Red Sox).

Klopp never considered to be manager of Bayern - we don't step backwards.

Pool not a top club now (or in the last decade or so) - living on past glories and going backward.

BL doesn't need slave labor, mob money, or rich Americans to stay afloat (unlike Citeh, Chelski, or pool).

One time your lot will be correct, but only when you stop the whole "I hate Germany because they are just too good for us" campaign.

Good lord, you really are living in a bubble.

EVERY BL side needs to follow it:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%2B1_rule

No revisionist, just the facts.

Bayern didn't go after Klopp, well, because he's a nice manager, but not top level like they have.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you need to live in the real world sometime, not Liverpool.

Completely ignore the post and what you consistently wrote (again) and come back with a strawman. (YET again.). No surprise there. 

As for '50+1', the exceptions are there in the article you posted. But I knew this already from a personal one I've visited. When I was allowed out of my 'bubble.' (Won't even get into a great system in principle being flawed when one club is so far ahead financially to bully all others like your <legitimate> angst about the EPL.).

And tell that to a multitude of people that Klopp isn't a 'top level' manager. Like the German National team manager who openly said he was by far and away the best German coach and your greatest ever player/ figure Beckenbauer who claimed he was one of the best coache's currently working in World football. 

Again, good luck holding on to Guardiola, who you've never fully backed, when the likes of Utd go all out for him next summer. 

Hail. 

Massively important we keep the winning run going today. But not only that, it'd be nice to take it on again and add goals. Comprehensively beat a team we should at home by 2 or 3 goals. When was the last time we did that? It's coming. Let's take that step today to set us up for the break. 

Be interesting to see the line-up too. You'd presume Phil will be back in. (And Lucas and Skrtel obviously.). But I'd personally keep Ibe in. The attacking dimension went up another notch Thursday in Kazan when we in effect played with two wingers for the first time under him. (Milner was all over but he certainly looked to be attacking from the left as a starting position.). That's evolved from the 4-3-2-1 over the first few to get the solid base, into 4-2-3-1 the last 3 with the most adventurous being Wednesday. Let's keep that and really get at Palace. We owe these buggers!

Match them for effort, which we now are, and the superiority will tell. 

Mighty Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Good morning Reds!

Big one today up on the break at home with Palace.  ****ing Palace always gives us a good one.

Good luck to our little brothers down in North London with their Derby.

That reminds me (sibling rivalry and all that); I'm going Firmino as the main man over Phil. 

Not that I don't love the 'original', but you can keep 10 all to yourself and I'll raise you an improved 11 version.  :D.

Hail. 

Best one touch I've seen on the team since Suarez, and even his wasn't nearly as consistent.  Firmino is going to be a good one.

He'll get into a purple patch once he gets one.  Hopefully that starts today.  He's deserved two so far by my count.

United look to salvage their season today against Red Bull in Harrison, New Jersey. 

While a win is highly unlikely it is probable. However this team has been in poor form for several months now and has been outscored 5-0 aggregate at Red Bull arena. There is not much hope out there but anything can happen. 

They only lost 1-0 at RFK. But that away goal is huge for Red Bull. Hopefully United will show some damn  heart with their backs to the wall and equalize. Then anything can happen. 

• Like 2

Personally wanting a Tottenham victory as I'm aiming as high as we possibly can. It's the german influence.  ;).

So good luck 'Spurs, DCU, and firstly Villa today. 

Hail. 

They'll fall in the spring (Arsenal).

City have Sterling on top right now!  How ironic is that?

Presumably Milner's missing through the hammy in Kazan. Exactly the side I was hoping for sans Firmino for Lallana. But still a great option off the bench when Palace are tired. Teixeira the bench again too. 

And as I type the massive boost of Citeh drawing at Villa. (Thank's in no large part down to the Raheem Sterling we all know SO well missing a free header, three yards out unmarked in the centre of the nets. Even worse than Berahino's howler that saved Utd yesterday.). 3 points this avvi, and we can relax through the break knowing we go to City next time out with a win moving us to within 3 points of them. 

90 minutes hard work and your better ability will tell Redmen. Let's have these!

Hail.