Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Surprising performance/ win. Didn't expect that at all pre-kick off.

Firmino's best game to date. Kids did well, including Ibe. Bogdan twice as solid as Mingolet. Great saves and can actually kick a ball. Only Origi continued to struggle in the main. Just doesn't seem to have the instinct. Allen and Toure woeful. And a first win for Klopp that's a massive weight lifted.

Only downside and real dampener on the night is the horrendous draw. Southampton on a Wednesday night is the worst possible draw.

Benteke looking like being back Sat'day as well.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

My Leeds friends...

Our away form has been terrible this year, I've noticed that your home form is not exactly stellar, either.  Scoreless draw and call it a day at the pub?

coincidentally Marty has been there for a while now.  And you'll know which one it is pretty easily... it'll be the one without wifi.

• Like 1

That strike from Agudelo was world class.

Simply put, the boy needs back into the USMNT with that quality (I think I've said as much the last 6 months).

Good movement on the DC United go ahead/game winning goal.

Bill Hamid just being Bill Hamid.

Lucky not to get that handball called at the end.  They all add up though.

Edited by DC9

Still cursing Southanpton away.

13 possible great ties (any home would of been perfect and all the other 6 aways were good); and we go pull the worst possible one. Went from bouncing at the Midd'bro win to having that balloon well and truly popped with the logistical nightmare of a draw.

Damn you football Gods!

On the plus side, Middlesbrough would be the furthest we could possibly travel the semi and that would also mean the blue ****e are out so not all bad ha ha.

Hail.

*Edit*

Southampton confirmed for Wedneaday, December 2nd. 7:45 PM BST. (2:45PM EST.).

Live on Sky again.

• Like 1

Simply put, the boy needs back into the USMNT with that quality (I think I've said as much the last 6 months).

Ridiculous first goal.

Bill Hamid needs to be on USMNT as well.

The no call at the end actually looks better at close range - the criteria is 'Hand in un-natural position'.  It was by his side and with the proximity, can certainly see no call there.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Ridiculous first goal.

Bill Hamid needs to be on USMNT as well.

The no call at the end actually looks better at close range - the criteria is 'Hand in un-natural position'.  It was by his side and with the proximity, can certainly see no call there.

That's kind of where I was.  I didn't like the pen that was given in the 77' (Rolfe missed it anyways) but I was very nervous when Rolfe missed it.  So I was kind of surprised that they didn't give it based off of United getting the call just 15 minutes earlier.

That is one of the biggest frustrations with me on the American side of the house and that is the interpretation of the hand ball in the penalty area.  It's embarrassing.

Glad that Halsti finally got to see the pitch with the rest of the starters.

• Like 1

Where the HELL are the DCU 'fans?'

That's a playoff game right? Man, that's a piss poor turnout. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

My Leeds friends...

Our away form has been terrible this year, I've noticed that your home form is not exactly stellar, either.  Scoreless draw and call it a day at the pub?

If only..

We're a complete mess on and off the pitch this year. Be a miracle if we avoid relegation. Cellino needs outing. 

Looking ahead to Sat'day dinner, I think I'd defo leave Ibe the right the three, with Firmino the middle (just how much of a classical Liverpool number 7 did he look yesterday?) then Lallana or Phil the other side. The one thing that Chelsea defense has been susceptible to is pace this year. And with Firmino alongside him, he was noticeably getting his confidence back yesterday the longer the game rolled, playing one-two's and running at Bournemouth. With Moreno pushing on down the left far more than Clyne, and (hopefully) Benteke the central striker, that looks a nice attacking balance with Can and Lucas boxing off behind. Leave Texeira the bench too for a playmaking option. 

Here's to that first league win. 

#sackmourinho

Hail. 

• Like 1

Where the HELL are the DCU 'fans?'

That's a playoff game right? Man, that's a piss poor turnout. 

Hail. 

Yeah, last night was ridiculous for DC Sports.  We had the Caps playing the Penguins in hockey (that's the Redskins vs Cowboys equivalent for most) and we had the Wizards basketball team opening their season.

RFK is in really bad shape, too.  It's sad but it's just not in good shape at all.  Plus mid-week and **** weather.

Attendance will pick up next game and of course when the new stadium is built.

• Like 1

We've a spare as of this moment. 

Catch the redeye and I'll meet yers round Earls Court tomorrow morning. 

'We're on the march with Jurgen's Army ..... '

#sackmourinho

Hail. 

I'll do you one better.  I may be over your way for a few years.  I'll find out in the next few months.  Not on the island, but much closer.  Maybe a train or two and a chunnel away.

Jurgen Klopp needs to eat a burger. Man looks sickly. 

Have you even looked at your bobblehead there...?

• Like 1

I'll do you one better.  I may be over your way for a few years.  I'll find out in the next few months.  Not on the island, but much closer.  Maybe a train or two and a chunnel away.

Have you even looked at your bobblehead there...?

WOOT! Euro aways here you come!

Man I want this one BAD! As you know, and what people who don't know don't appreciate, we ****ing HATE Chelsea and vice versa. Since the Garcia 'GhostGoal', there;s NO team Mourinho wants to beat more. But it goes back WAY further than Rafa and the Special Needs **** stoking it up. Leeds aside, we've always been the Northern team they've hated the most and likewise Southern team for ourselves. Thankfully the fun and games off the pitch around that ****hole aren't as bad as they used to be but tomorrow still has the potential to go. 

Klopps first win. Firmino showing Coutinho how it should be done and giving Phil a big kick up the ass. And Benteke notching another goal toward a bet I can't wait to lose! 

This pretty much sums up my feelings to that club and it's ****bag fans (smiles at Monk. He understands):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPY8uAR5Uxo

Perfect Sat'day. Klopps first league win. Back over Euston to watch the Rugby WC final. (Highly suggest you catch that. Australia- New Zealand is just one of those occasions you HAVE to watch even if you've interest zero in whatever sport. Can't stand rugby but I'll be watching that for the occasion. It transcends sport and means so much more. ). Then the 6:07 train home to hear Mourinho's been bin bagged. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

WOOT! Euro aways here you come!

Klopps first win. Firmino showing Coutinho how it should be done and giving Phil a big kick up the ass. And Benteke notching another goal toward a bet I can't wait to lose! 

Aways AND I'll make a few to Anfield :)

And I have Firmino getting one tomorrow as well.

• Like 1

Good morning, gents.

Feel really good this morning.  Not sure if it's because the Reds will win, the busy week is done, or if it's just cause the boy has a match this morning and it's halloween... who knows.

But normally when I feel like this, it's about to go down.  It's that 6th sense connection that most of us have with our clubs.

• Like 1