Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI: Jerry Jones: Eagles better off without Donovan McNabb

Sanders 83

He's sugar talking the Eagles, who are still the Cowboys biggest competition in the East until someone proves otherwise.

He doesn't see that big game swing in Kolb, he says. Know why? Because no one has seen anything out of Kolb outside of two games. He didn't lie a single word by saying he doesn't see any stat you want to name out of Kolb, because the guy has two games under his belt.

He's talking out of his ass and making sure he doesn't say anything to give his closest competitor in the division any ammo what so ever.

Instead he gave a little bit to a team that wants to THINK it's got something, but for all intents and purposes is still a 5 win team until they show otherwise.

Besides, usually when a guy sugar talks like that he means the exact opposite.

Damn, y'all can't recognize this stuff by now?

~Bang

I posted this in the news section but it hasn't been approved yet... I got a good laugh out of this though... Hey Jerruah what about your sorry ass coach... One would think you would be worried about his fat ass right now... :dallasuck

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/donovan-mcnabb/jerry-jones-eagles-better-off.html

And their coach, there is not a better coach in the NFL than Andy [Reid]."

How does that make the marsh mellow man feel?

As I said in another thread, "Jerry Jones is proof only the good die young."

I hope, as he sits in his hot tub shaped like texas (uncapitalized for a reason), and laments the cowboy's failures of the past decade...once, just once....he thinks about all the broken homes his failures over the past decade have created for his illiterate, jive talkin, obese, bama-ful (copyright) fan base.

"McNabb helped create those big swings in our games over the last 10 years," Jones said. "When he played well, it was like throwing the knockout punch. When he didn't, you were able to throw the knockout punch."

When McNabb was "on", you can't beat 'em.

When he was "off" you had a chance to take that knockout punch

I can live with that. :cool:

Jerry Jones is likely to be right. Andy Reid worked with Mike Holmgen in Green Bay. Holmgren's scheme was close in approach to Bill Walsh's WCO in which short to medium range passes were mixed with runs. Ball control was the aim.

McNabb's strength was his ability to extend plays and throw the deep pass. His weakness has been inconsistency on the short to medium range throws. So, he was misfit for the Walsh-type WCO.

Andy Reid adjusted to Donovan's game. He built a big play offense, the kind which can blow hot and cold.

While Kolb's talent can be questioned, it's obvious that he is closer to kind of QB that can run a more consistent, move-the-chains offense, tougher to hold to three-and-outs.

Archived