Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & ESPN 980: Colt Brennan Cut!! (AKA The Cut Of Colt) (MET)

authentic

For a scrub qb who miami dumped and ravens dumped. For a corner who had promise coming out of Michigan 2009.

He didn't have promise here. We're too loaded at CB right now for him to even have made the team.

CR

DH

Barnes

Tryon

WB (Westbrook sucks, but he's the fifth corner, come on)

So why not trade him for a QB that Shanahan obviously likes, if he was gonna get cut anyways?

Iam just going to agree to disagree. Colt does well on another team or Redskins win a super bowl this year (Miracles happen) then I am good. Bye haters:D

So you don't dislike the move for any rational reason, you actually dislike it only because it got Colt cut. Gotcha. Shouldn't be surprised.

If Colt Brennan had truly been given a chance when he clearly outplayed Jason Campbell and Todd Collins and led all rookie qbs in passer rating during the 08 pre-season Zorn would have made him the starter for the 08 season. But I guess scoring 16.6 points a game and winning a whopping 12 games in two seasons with top 10 defenses in 08 and 09 would have been impossible for Brennan to top.

For a scrub qb who miami dumped and ravens dumped. For a corner who had promise coming out of Michigan 2009.

I've heard all day on the radio from the reporters that this corner was a camp body who had absolutely zero chance of making the team. Do you have links to reports of this promise?

If Colt Brennan had truly been given a chance when he clearly outplayed Jason Campbell and Todd Collins and led all rookie qbs in passer rating during the 08 pre-season Zorn would have made him the starter for the 08 season. But I guess scoring 16.6 points a game and winning a whopping 12 games in two seasons with top 10 defenses in 08 and 09 would have been impossible for Brennan to top.

:bsflag: Cant even find the words to re-butt such idiocy.

Damn Cowboy fans want Colt:

ImTheChugganaut‎: @Cowboys_News let's go get colt brennan

Twitter - 8 minutes ago

Well there you go, I hear they have openings.

Seriously man your love of Colt is unfounded this year. He was stinking it up in camp and there were plent of tweets to back that up. If you think that the Shannahan's don't know QB's vs. the Coaches here in recent history I don't know what to tell you.

I wish Colt well and hopefully he does not go to the Cowboys so I can continue to pull for him.

Damn that sucks. I always hoped Colt would get a chance here, but hopefully he'll get a shot somewhere else. Good luck Colt!

I 2nd that, I hope he gets a chance to start somewhere at sometime, at least a shot to see if the kid can really play in this league. More important, I'm hoping our new QB's can play in this league as well, but I trust Shanahan's decision.

He didn't have promise here. We're too loaded at CB right now for him to even have made the team.

CR

DH

Barnes

Tryon

So why not trade him for a QB that Shanahan obviously likes, if he was gonna get cut anyways?

I'm sorry but you didn't even get the top 5 corners right, IMO they are:

Hall

Rogers

Buchanon

Tryon

Barnes, and then there's

Westbrook

There's no way Dutch was realistically going to make the final 53. No harm in trading him away for a QB that Kyle Shanahan has liked for years and can come in and actually compete for the #3 QB spot.

back up QB(s) are always popular in DC.....he was a likeable guy just could never put it all together.

The problem is though that Colt was never a back up QB, he was the 3rd string QB, and was the 4th best QB during the preseason last year, and without suffering the injury last preseason he would have been cut.

back up QB(s) are always popular in DC.....he was a likeable guy just could never put it all together.

Been saying that since shortly after the young man was drafted. Backup,3rd string,ect. It really is nothing new. I sometimes wonder how things would have looked had the internet been around back when Joey T. came in to town with Sonny and Billy on the roster,(there were some great debates at school at the time).

I think you're being pretty liberal with the Westbrooks sucks bit.

Granted he hasn't played much but he's beaten out the other CBs that we've brought in to challenge like Matteral Richardson, Grant, Doug Dutch and Marcus McCauley who's actually been a starter in the league.

If Westbrook sucked he's be gone and they would be the 5th CB.

Brett Favre may be retired. Should vikings go after the next Favre "Colt Brennan"?

i hope so...that way you can take your nonsense to the vikings board and be done with your constant spamming of this board...

and the only thing colt has in common with favre is that both of them will be watching NFL football from their living room this year...

i hope so...that way you can take your nonsense to the vikings board and be done with your constant spamming of this board...

and the only thing colt has in common with favre is that both of them will be watching NFL football from their living room this year...

Dont speak to me till the redskins are actually good. Then maybe you ll have something backing up your haterade talking.

Archived