Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & ESPN 980: Colt Brennan Cut!! (AKA The Cut Of Colt) (MET)

authentic

I said back in February or March that Brennan wouldn't make this roster.

He's just not a Shanahan style QB.

He's not mobile and his arm strength is just average. Add to that his apparent injury issues, and he wasn't destined to make the cut here under the new regime.

I will fail to believe that Rex Grossman is better for this club than Brennan. I just don't believe it. We'll see, but I believe this will be another one of our stupid decisions.

He might only have the 08 preseason, but it's more than JC had in his entire career here. He actually led drives to win games. JC never did.

Oh yeah, another wasted Vinny pick.

I will fail to believe that Rex Grossman is better for this club than Brennan. I just don't believe it. We'll see, but I believe this will be another one of our stupid decisions.

He might only have the 08 preseason, but it's more than JC had in his entire career here. He actually led drives to win games. JC never did.

Rex Grossman has been lighting it up at camp.

Campbell at least PLAYED in the NFL, which is more than Brennan ever did.

AND he's a wasted pick? So you defend him and bash him in the same post?

Says the guy with Campbell in his sig? Now that's funny.

LOL, you're touchy today! Cheer up, we've moved on from the 2009 disaster. Don't even have a single quarterback who was on the team last year.

Oh my God really?

Yeah, it's too bad that Shanahan didn't call F-16 CHIEF before he made this decision.

And can we finally let go of this Brennan vs Campbell nonsense too?

Campbell just isn't a good QB, but Brennan isn't anything, period. Brennan has the preseason HOF game (when it's all scrubs on the field being that it's the first preseason game of the year). I know Campbell doesn't have much to point to on his resume but his comeback win against the Saints in 2008 comes to mind pretty easily, and that was more remarkable than anything Brennan is likely to do from here on out.

I never really cared about Brennan either way, but when people question why the guy gets a lot of backlash just because of his fans and die-hard supporters, stuff like this is why.

Jason Campbell is going to start for his second NFL team.

Colt Brennan is one more cut away from delivering my deep dish pizza from Dominos.

In other words, get over it...

Best of luck colt. He's really good friends with cooley, must suck for them. Oh well. Maybe he can play for the Maryland maniacs.

Cooley's previous good friends on the team include Todd Yoder and Campbell.

He loves hanging out with fringe players. He needs to become best friends with Orakpo.

If I were a role player or special teams guy, I'd stay away from sitting with Cooley at the training table.

I personally don't understand the hype about Brennan. Clearly, he was not impressing in TC. The level of love fest over CB is really starting to make me :puke:.

And furthermore, what's with the JC/CB comparisons? :insane: Seems to me JC is the starting QB for the Raiders. What exactly has CB accomplished? :nono:

I wish CB the best, but I won't sit here, :cry:, and pretend he was the greatest thing since Slingin Sammy.

:ciao: Nothing more to see here.

:helmet:

I personally don't understand the hype about Brennan. Clearly, he was not impressing in TC. The level of love fest over CB is really starting to make me :puke:.

And furthermore, what's with the JC/CB comparisons? :insane: Seems to me JC is the starting QB for the Raiders. What exactly has CB accomplished? :nono:

I wish CB the best, but I won't sit here, :cry:, and pretend he was the greatest thing since Slingin Sammy.

:ciao: Nothing more to see here.

:helmet:

Too bad CB wasn't put on a pedestal like JC was; he knew he wouldn't be able to beat outt JC, at least in Zorn's eyes because Zorn had that man-love for JC.

I would bet if CB had more of a chance he would have been better, but I am not saying he was the answer, just a better option than JC, but its all over now, being on Grossman to throw ducks like he did in Chicago and we all can bash him later...

Too bad CB wasn't put on a pedestal like JC was; he knew he wouldn't be able to beat outt JC, at least in Zorn's eyes because Zorn had that man-love for JC.

I would bet if CB had more of a chance he would have been better, but I am not saying he was the answer, just a better option than JC, but its all over now, being on Grossman to throw ducks like he did in Chicago and we all can bash him later...

:hysterical: I was never high on JC either. And yeah, if Sexy Rexy does see the field and Unleashes the Dragon, I'm sure there will be a bash fest. :D

This is a typical Shanahan move. They wanted to rid themselves from as much of the old regime as possible. Colt was obviously not a Shanahan guy plus they want to "CONVINCE" themselves that Rex is their backup. If Colt had a great preseason that would not be good for Rex or them. So regardless of how he performs their totally sold on Rex. Beck or Bartel has no chance to unseed Rex AND THEY KNOW THAT. Beck sucked while he was in Miami. He was eventually replace by Cleo Lemon who is now in the CFL. Once they started cutting Colt's reps in practice I knew the end was near. I have NO DOUBT that Colt will be picked up, AND SOON!

This is a typical Shanahan move. They wanted to rid themselves from as much of the old regime as possible. Colt was obviously not a Shanahan guy plus they want to "CONVINCE" themselves that Rex is their backup. If Colt had a great preseason that would not be good for Rex or them. So regardless of how he performs their totally sold on Rex. Beck or Bartel has no chance to unseed Rex AND THEY KNOW THAT. Beck sucked while he was in Miami. He was eventually replace by Cleo Lemon who is now in the CFL. Once they started cutting Colt's reps in practice I knew the end was near. I have NO DOUBT that Colt will be picked up, AND SOON!

And who do you think is going to give him another shot?

Archived