Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

Well' date=' Shanahan confirmed on the OS interview today that Galloway & Roydell Williams tied as the #1 "x" receiver through OTA's & entering training camp.

Sounds to me like the WR position really is open shop at this point.[/quote']

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that.

Also, I haven't heard one negative word about DT yet this offseason (except for that one article that named him Devon White). I wonder where that's coming from...

Well' date=' Shanahan confirmed on the OS interview today that Galloway & Roydell Williams tied as the #1 "x" receiver through OTA's & entering training camp.

Sounds to me like the WR position really is open shop at this point.[/quote']

Did he say anything about Devin?

EDIT: And FWIW, I thought Roydell was impressive last preseason and wouldn't be surprised if he made the roster. He put up pretty good numbers for a third-year WR who was languishing in the 1940's passing attack that was the Tennessee Titans, then never got a chance to build on that because he was out of football in 2008 due to an ankle injury. I'd bet on him seeing a whole lot of action in August.

I have maintained from Day 1 that the offseason minicamps and OTAs have shown Shanahan that he doesn't have a wide receiver corps after Santana Moss that is NFL caliber.

I see this team adding one or even two veteran wide receivers before the season opener either via trade or FA signing.

The fact Joey Galloway, who was cut by NE and Pittsburgh, was out there as a starting WR in the first camp practices shows how little confidence anyone has in Thomas or Kelly.

Also, I haven't heard one negative word about DT yet this offseason (except for that one article that named him Devon White). I wonder where that's coming from...

I think the fact that no one outside of McNabb (via his "hell week" camp) has said anything positive about Kelly or Thomas should concern fans more.

that simply points to the lack of depth.

but all it takes is for a veteran WR to be let go by another team that Shanahan sees as a fit here and one of the Thomas/Kelly tandem could wind up on the short end of the stick.

these guys are 3rd year veterans and some folks are still giving them the rope that rookies enjoy.

time to man up with these boys :D

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that.

Did he say anything about Devin?

He did say DT practiced 'well' today. But, there was the added comment about these guys (MK & DT) being nicked up through OTA's.

It could be Shanahan kicking these guys up the ass...but you do have to wonder is Shanahan really rates them. If you have Moss, Galloway & Williams ahead of them at this point, there's some hard work to be had.

The chargers would be willing to pay jackson, but not until he produces like he did last year for a few more years, or at least finishes out his rookie deal.

Look how long it took Rivers and Gates to get big deals. We are talking a few years AFTER putting up huge numbers consistently.

One big year will not get this guy paid in SD.

He did say DT practiced 'well' today. But' date=' there was the added comment about these guys (MK & DT) being nicked up through OTA's.

It could be Shanahan kicking these guys up the ass...but you do have to wonder is Shanahan really rates them. If you have Moss, Galloway & Williams ahead of them at this point, there's some hard work to be had.[/quote']

If these are the WR's we are going in to the Dallas game then kiss the season goodbye! We wont even reach 6-10 with those WR's... WTF is going on I thought DT was catching on since he had a semi break through year in 2009!

If these are the WR's we are going in to the Dallas game then kiss the season goodbye! We wont even reach 6-10 with those WR's... WTF is going on I thought DT was catching on since he had a semi break through year in 2009!

I think Kelly & Thomas need to get & stay healthy fast. I reckon that's got Shanahan a bit on edge about them.

I think its also possible that Shanahan is trying to light a fire under both of these guys, DT specifically. By saying that the guys he brought in this offseason are currently ahead of DT on the depth chart, he's not giving Thomas a reason to relax or expect that what happened with Jim Zorn will carry over to this year. DT's work ethic is what everyone has questioned, not his potential. Maybe this is just Shanny's way of trying to motivate him.

Archived