Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

Adam schefter sad that Marcus McNeill won't be on the team anytime soon dose this mean the vjax will get traded

What does McNiell not being on the team......have to do with VJac getting traded? Am I missing something? Seems that would mean McNiell is getting traded.

if the bolts wanted a 2nd round pick for v jackson i would pass. we do have some question marks at wr, but trading away valuable draft picks for a possible fix defeats the whole purpose of trying to rebuild through the draft. not to mention that we would have to give jackson the money he wants, which could be too much given his level of play. for now, we should stick with what we got and if kelly and thomas end up playing poorly, there are several really talented receivers in next years draft class.

Well' date=' Shanahan confirmed on the OS interview today that Galloway & Roydell Williams tied as the #1 "x" receiver through OTA's & entering training camp.

Sounds to me like the WR position really is open shop at this point.[/quote']

Yes! I'm trying to tell people Roydell can make this team and will make a contribution.

I wouldn't say "easily"... but I do agree with the overall sentiment. WR is a sketchy position. Many can look good in the right offense, especially with the right QB, throwing them the ball. Then they get somewhere else and suffer.

The only WR's worth trading for, imo, are the truly dominant receivers such as TO in his prime or Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc.

And even those guys had their down years depending on circumstances. i.e. Moss in Oakland

For instance, does anyone really think that Reggie Wayne would put up the same numbers in Oakland that he did in Indy? Even close?

Valid points. You also are making the point that pairing V-Jax with not only Mcnabb but both Shannahan's would be pretty great. I am all for going after V-jax and in turn making a weak area a strength (the WR position).

Valid points. You also are making the point that pairing V-Jax with not only Mcnabb but both Shannahan's would be pretty great. I am all for going after V-jax and in turn making a weak area a strength (the WR position).

And that is why a trade wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world, as it would be if we still had #17 :)

I'm against the trade. If we want to bid on him, wait until next year. Bidding this year doesn't help us out IMO, because in addition to the contract, we would have to compensate SD.

I think we need more OL and LB/CB picks in the draft next year, and we don't need to give away any more picks.

Everyone is getting to worked up about our WR's' date=' reason? We haven't had a QB in a long time, our WR's will be fine now that we finally have a real QB. QB's can make WR's look much better than they are, and much worse, we have been the latter for a long time, but not anymore. No need for VJ.[/quote']

I agree that DMac will make our WR's better but I'm not sold on our WR's. There is a chance we open the season with a 40 year old starting. That's far from fine.

I would prefer to lean on our TE's this year before spending too much on a VJ.

You're right about the draft pick, but I'm not so sure that it'd be too high. Think about it.

Jackson is demanding a new contract, which SD is unwilling to give him, so he is willing to hold out thru week 10 (max allowed to earn a year). Then if he doesn't have it, he'll show up for 6 games and (if/when the CBA is reached) he'll be a UFA next year. Throw in that Jackson is an off-field risk with his recurring DUI's and you have a guy with little value no matter which way it all plays out (from SD's point of view).

They can either have him for 6 games or trade him for SOMETHING.

and we get a guy that can teach ou rookies to drive.

We shoulda tried to get Santonio when he was available...doesn't he have better numbers than VJax? Didn't the Jets get him for like a 5th rounder...?

Yeah and there's a guy you want on this team, no character issues with him. :doh: :rolleyes:

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think we should stand pat. VJax would cost draft picks, $$$, and he has character questions with his TWO DUI's.

Something to keep in mind here - in 1999 most of us probably didn't think that Westbrook & Connell could get the job done until Brad Johnson came in and made them 1,000 yard WR. Look at who Brett Favre had to throw to in Minnesota last year - Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, & our own Bobby Wade. And Favre made them look great last year.

I think with a proven QB in McNabb, a genius OC, and a much improved OL, some magic can be worked with the guys we have.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/07/30/nfl-com-redskins-still-interested-in-vincent-jackson/

Excerpt from the article that I agree with.

As far as Vincent Jackson, well, if there is any way to pry him out of San Diego, do it. The Redskins desperately need receiving help. The ultimate question would be, what is the cost for acquiring Jackson. At this point, staring at a Moss/Galloway tandem, well, pay it!

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2010/07/30/nfl-com-redskins-still-interested-in-vincent-jackson/

Excerpt from the article that I agree with.

As far as Vincent Jackson, well, if there is any way to pry him out of San Diego, do it. The Redskins desperately need receiving help. The ultimate question would be, what is the cost for acquiring Jackson. At this point, staring at a Moss/Galloway tandem, well, pay it!

I'm leary of giving up a high draft pick and paying millions to a guy who's been inconsistent on the field and a proven knucklehead off it.

Since I've commented like four times in this thread, I figured I'd be serious. I am all for Jackson for the right price. AJ Smith is known as a douche; he cut one of the best rushers in NFL history. He traded Drew Brees to the Saints. The guy is a quality GM but not exatly a pushover is my point. Do I see them wanting a first rounder for him? Absolutely. And knowing Smith he'll probably want more. I just don't know if giving the farm for a receiver makes alot of sense when we are already short on picks and trying to shed the label of draft pick wasters. I definetly would be stoked if the deal happened, but I would be just as happy if it didn't as I don't see Smith just trading him for nothing.

I'm still deciding on who's worse for this team. Dan Snyder or Redskins fans themselves. Neither one of them seem to learn.

1999- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2000- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2001- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2002- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2003- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2004- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2005- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2006- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2007- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2008- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2009- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

2010- hey guys! we are one guy away from playoffs/championship/etc..

You know Einstein said the definition of insanity was trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Archived