Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

Plax will not be a Redskin. Now VJackson I don't think he is worth giving up more draft picks for. Try and think of high profile recievers under Shanny in his 14 years Rod Smith Ed Mcaffery. Drafted B Marshall but man for the most part he has had no names at WR.

I say pass on VJ. We are not going to contend for a Super Bowl this year, no matter what Shannahan says or anyone else. We still need another OLB, more O-line depth, and then a WR.

Stand pat unless some crazy moves happen where we basically get another Adam Carriker style deal. Otherwise, lets just see what we have and worry about it next season.

Now VJackson I don't think he is worth giving up more draft picks for. Try and think of high profile recievers under Shanny in his 14 years Rod Smith Ed Mcaffery. Drafted B Marshall but man for the most part he has had no names at WR.

Latest report on VJax is that a second round pick would get the job done. And he is most definitly worth a second round pick.

As for Shanahans other recievers, well they had a guy named Elway throwing to them.

Yes, we have McNabb, but for how long ????????

I think Jackson would be the best (T.O. is debatable)WR that McNabb would have to work with so far in his career. It would instantly make it impossible to stack the box against the run, and gives the team the siz and hands that make MK expendable, opening up a roster spot for someone else, or Jackson takes MKs spot and no one else has to be released. Jacksons numbers have increased every year he has been in the league. I hope we get this done.

I think Jackson would be the best (T.O. is debatable)WR that McNabb would have to work with so far in his career. It would instantly make it impossible to stack the box against the run, and gives the team the siz and hands that make MK expendable, opening up a roster spot for someone else, or Jackson takes MKs spot and no one else has to be released. Jacksons numbers have increased every year he has been in the league. I hope we get this done.

TO is a HOF receiver, and was near the peak of his career when with McNabb. I also am not sure that I'd rather have Vincent Jackson than Desean Jackson.

That being said, Vincent Jackson is definitely worth a second rounder and would be a big boon to our team.

John Clayton Just said on SC that VJAX wants too much for Seattle and they are not willing to pay him what he wants. He said that is why they lost BMarshall bc they didnt want to invest that much at reciever. This news Bodes well for VJAX becoming a Skin if we want him.

Also in regards to a 2nd rounder being too much..... In 2008 we drafted 3 Pass catchers in the 2nd round one of them at this point is a legit player and he is a tight end. D Thomas Is showing flashes and Malcom can't sniff the practice field let alone game time action. I would say this even though our draft will be bare bones next year, Bruce and Mike (with the addition of Jackson) will have pulled off the greatest single offseason rebuild that I have seen. WR Fixed QB Fixed OL Fixed(not a ton of depth but you cannot argue that there OL is legit). DL for the 3-4 very good the Carriker addition is going to go down as brilliant and honestly has me most excited as far as deal/potential goes.

We would have an offense with a SOLID OL two legit playmakers at WR with a likely lineup of Vjax 1 DThomas 2 and Tana in the slot(NASTY) Fred Davis and Cooley at TE(Arguably best TE combo in the league) And 3 serviceable RBS. My hat is off to Bruce he is a freakin genius.

John Clayton Just said on SC that VJAX wants too much for Seattle and they are not willing to pay him what he wants. He said that is why they lost BMarshall bc they didnt want to invest that much at reciever. This news Bodes well for VJAX becoming a Skin if we want him.

Yea, but the Skins arent going to pay him $15M per year either. He wants to be one of the highest paid receivers in the league.

Bruce Allen hasn't been opening the wallet too wide:ols:

So. Seattle is out

Yea, but the Skins arent going to pay him $15M per year either. He wants to be one of the highest paid receivers in the league.

Bruce Allen hasn't been opening the wallet too wide:ols:

True but you gotta wonder whats going on behind the scenes

This season is going to be a revolving door at the starting WR spots.

McNabb will still put up Pro-Bowl numbers, but I doubt Jackson will be a part of it. If for no other reason than Allen is not going to buck up $15 mil/per.

With the skill at TE, the 'Skins don't need to act desperately at the WR position...:2cents:

I wonder if TK has anything on this story. He was the first one to break it, way before the media got a hold of it. ( The chargers wanting to trade Jackson in the first place)

I think Mr. Hi There :) has taken a vow of silence on this one we have been asking for him to drop more for days and I can't see anything regarding it in his post history.

TO is a HOF receiver, and was near the peak of his career when with McNabb. I also am not sure that I'd rather have Vincent Jackson than Desean Jackson.

That being said, Vincent Jackson is definitely worth a second rounder and would be a big boon to our team.

No doubt that T.O.'s numbers speak for themselves, and that he was the reason Philly made it to the Superbowl. I was referring more to the arguing and drama he created on the sideline and in the media. He was good but he did cause a lot of strife, evidenced by the very animated argument on the sideline, as he followed Mcnabb yelling in his ear. I was more or less saying we could see something as special, from a younger and equally talented receiver, without the drama. We may see something better then we saw in Philly because Jackson is younger and McNabb has more weapons around him then he did when T.O. was there. You are right though, I should have been more eloquent with what I said.

D. jackson doesn't have the size to replace MK at this point. We need the combination MK brings to the table, without the fragile knees and hammy's hindering progress. That is anotherr reason VJ would be perfect fit here. he brings the size and the hands that Kelly has, without the brittle knees and hammy's. He would essentially take Kelly's roster spot, and that would leave the same amount of spots open for Banks and or Armstrong.

It does appear that AJ is loosening up by virtue of the fact they allowed the Hawks to talk to VJax's agent. Per TK's last hint, that's what the Skins have been waiting on.

If SD wants a 2nd next year, we'd be nuts not to do it.

The big $$$ contract part is the other piece of the puzzle. As someone said above, make it incentive and behavior based.

McNabb, the new oline, our RB corps and a #1 WR not named Moss, would make this team sick!

In my ideal world, I would keep ALL of our picks and build from within, augmenting with free agents where necessary.

BUT, since the Redskins went out and acquired the 33 year old McNabb, 29 year old Jammal Brown and a host of other veterans I just don't see the team going into a season where the club wants to be competitive going vanilla at WR just to save ONE draft pick.

In my ideal world, I would keep ALL of our picks and build from within, augmenting with free agents where necessary.

BUT, since the Redskins went out and acquired the 33 year old McNabb, 29 year old Jammal Brown and a host of other veterans I just don't see the team going into a season where the club wants to be competitive going vanilla at WR just to save ONE draft pick.

very good point.

I see some holes in the other NFC East teams right now.

Admittedly, Dallas has had a horrible offseason game in re injuries. But that's the NFL.

With a move for Jackson to shore up the one big question mark on this club, the Redskins could be a legitimate candidate to win the East.

Not saying this team should be a favorite, but the idea of challenging for the East, which was a joke 5 months ago, may now be a lot closer than anyone thinks.

To put Washington over the top, I think the club needs that playmaker on the outside.

Not too many of those available round the NFL right now.

I see some holes in the other NFC East teams right now.

Admittedly, Dallas has had a horrible offseason game in re injuries. But that's the NFL.

With a move for Jackson to shore up the one big question mark on this club, the Redskins could be a legitimate candidate to win the East.

Not saying this team should be a favorite, but the idea of challenging for the East, which was a joke 5 months ago, may now be a lot closer than anyone thinks.

To put Washington over the top, I think the club needs that playmaker on the outside.

Not too many of those available round the NFL right now.

We definitely need someone who can go up and get the ball. I like the passes he caught on Dallas' defense, at critical times too.

At 6'5 and 228, Jackson is likely to be a productive receiver into this mid-30's in the NFL just as Michael Irvin and Randy Moss have been.

I think there is a bit less risk in giving up a pick for Jackson than for a 5'11 and 180 pound WR who is 28 and may be one hit from being out of the league.

For every Jerry Rice there's 10 Brandon Jacobs. (A guy that looked good in college, but never did anything in the NFL.)

For every Randy Moss, there's 3 or 4 ARE's. (A guy with one great season and average stats thereafter.)

You can't put all of your money into one position like WR. It was a mistake doing it for Haynesworth at DTand it would be a mistake doing it for Jackson at WR. Build through the draft and stop playing fantasy football/Madden.

Dan and Vinny aren't the GM any more. I'll be happy with what Allen does.

Archived