Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

get a 3 team deal done throw in haynesworth to a 3rd team and we get jackson

Why go thru all that hassle.

Just trade Fat Al to Houston for Andre Johnson.

I know Houston would be getting the better end of the deal, and that Andre wants to be the highest paid reciever (No problem for Danny Boy).

But AJ would be able to start right away, no three game suspension like VJax. And he knows Kyles system............................

:silly::ols:

At this point in the game, I'm not worried about this. If it happens, it will be because we REALLY needed an upgrade at WR. And if it happens, it will be for less than we all think.

Look at the McNabb and Brown trades. VJax has just as many "downsides" as those guys did, and the teams involved are being just as quiet about trade possibilities. So I'd expect a trade to come out of nowhere in terms of compensation. Like a 2012 2nd rounder (NOT this upcoming season's) and a player like Chris Horton, or something.

With Jackson's not signing his tender and there being some issues, I wonder if Shanny is truly still interested. I don't see both Thomas and Kelly being cut.

Good point, Shanahan is just coming from dealing with a disgruntled wide receiver, does he really want another one? Plus dealing with AH probably hasn't made him a happier man either.

I would give up a second for Jackson if I was in camp and saw that the Comb and Thomas just weren't going to cut it. Nothing more though. The guy is only 27 after all. He would be worth a first if not for his history with da sauce.

Seems to me like we are still looking & Devin is on borrowed time as a Redskin. The fact that Kelly can't stay healthy may well be adding to the frustration for Shanny.

He as much as said today, aside from Moss we have open house for the WR spot.

How twitchy is he gonna get for a proven target.....?

I'll clean you both out. :)

JLC is late to the party as usual. I dropped a small hint a few days ago.

And earlier that day there was this. Which isn't the first time I've mentioned that.

Now, where's your lunch money? :silly:

Wait, so you say AJ could be gearing up for a fire sale, but didn't he already turn down two second rounders from the Hawks? Is the guy smoking crack? Is he trying to get fired?

I'll clean you both out. :)

JLC is late to the party as usual. I dropped a small hint a few days ago.

And earlier that day there was this. Which isn't the first time I've mentioned that.

Now, where's your lunch money? :silly:

And this could make things interesting for those teams

"thinking about adding a receiver................

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans are close to signing Andre Johnson to a deal that will make him the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

McClain doesn't have specifics, but it sounds like Johnson's contract will surpass Larry Fitzgerald's. The four-year, $40 million deal Fitz signed in 2008 still stands as the biggest receiver pact in the game. A.J. is currently under contract through 2014, so he'll presumably get a new, upgraded five-year contract with a hefty signing bonus and $35 million or so guaranteed.

To be overrated, you actually have to be talked about by more than the Redskins fans/media.

Neither are. How they are overrated is beyond me.

I'd love to hear your explanation as to how they are overrated.
lol..... This is a typo rite? :rubeyes:

I see that we're all on the same page here :ols:

I see that we're all on the same page here :ols:

Well I was going to join in but you all had it covered so I just felt like I'd let it be. AJ Smith though always does this with the Chargers he plays major hardball and he always is seen as one of the best executives in the game. I only see McNeil staying between Merriman, Jackson and him, he plays the more important position in terms of protecting Rivers and the Chargers have a receiver in Floyd who could be another top option if he has the chance.

Seems to me like we are still looking & Devin is on borrowed time as a Redskin. The fact that Kelly can't stay healthy may well be adding to the frustration for Shanny.

He as much as said today' date=' aside from Moss we have open house for the WR spot.

How twitchy is he gonna get for a proven target.....?[/quote']

I don't really know how Devin is on borrowed time as it seems like he's been solid (not spectacular) at camp from the reports I've been reading. Kelly is the one that has to get back on the field by the start of next week or may not be around that much longer. That being said, the true test for them two will be when the preseason games start.

Archived