Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re: NFL.com : Redskins, 'Hawks remain interested in trading for Bolts' Jackson / VJax signs tender & reports to the Bolts'...for now..(see post 3877)

Est.1974

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81964f68/article/redskins-hawks-remain-interested-in-trading-for-bolts-jackson?module=HP_headlines

Bringing in a receiver during camp or especially during the season can be tricky, but Jackson does have some familiarity with the Redskins. Jackson worked out extensively withDonovan McNabb this month, running routes and catching balls from the Redskins quarterback, according to sources.

The Redskins -- who have a need at wide receiver -- are quite interested in Jackson, his workouts with McNabb only enhancing that sentiment. Recent draft picks Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly were again offseason flops, according to team sources, and neither is considered to be guaranteed a roster spot. In fact, both face a real possibility of being cut. Beyond an aging and injury-prone Santana Moss, the Redskins have journeymenMike Furrey andJoey Galloway -- veterans on short-term deals.

Wait what? There's been rumblings about Kelly possibly not making the team, but Thomas and Kelly both being cut? Haven't heard that one yet. VJax would be a nice pick up, but we have nothing to trade the Chargers.

Did you notice who posted the article on NFL.com?

By Jason La Canfora

Typical throw **** at the wall and see what sticks reporting from him.

Did you notice who posted the article on NFL.com?

Typical throw **** at the wall and see what sticks reporting from him.

As well as this...

running with Donovan McNabb in Arizona earned rave reviews from the Skins QB. I'm just sayin... SD has been deadset against a deal, but... about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

JasonLaCanfora

Jason La Canfora

Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Jul. 30 - 12:12 pm et

Unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson drew "rave reviews" from Donovan McNabb after working out with the Redskins QB in Arizona recently.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora suggests the Redskins and Seahawks remain at the top of the list if the Chargers "ever decide" to deal him. LaCanfora suggests the Bolts have been "deadset" against a trade thus far, which goes against a report from beat writer Kevin Acee that V-Jax is available even if "some don't seem to think it's true."

Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

How about Carlos Rogers + Devin Thomas for VJax?

It'd leave us a little thin on corner, but I think Barnes could step in.. besides, wide receiver is the bigger need. I like our secondary as a whole.

Edit: Scratch that. I forgot about Cason ('08 1st rounder). I'm not sure what the Chargers could use, but I'd be willing to bet that they'd value Thomas in a trade. A young guy with upside and no off-field problems with limited injury history. Their WR corps is depleted like ours, but I think they're done with Jackson.

It'd leave us a little thin on corner, but I think Barnes could step in.. besides, wide receiver is the bigger need. I like our secondary as a whole.

So one of our best cover guys(even if he can't catch) and the receiver showing the most potential as a good Redskins receiver for Vjax. NO

Edit: Scratch that. I forgot about Cason ('08 1st rounder). I'm not sure what the Chargers could use, but I'd be willing to bet that they'd value Thomas in a trade. A young guy with upside and no off-field problems with limited injury history. Their WR corps is depleted like ours, but I think they're done with Jackson.

Would be a good deal for us, but why would they trade a Pro Bowl WR for a decent CB and an unproven WR? I think we'd probably have to throw in a draft pick.

Would be a good deal for us, but why would they trade a Pro Bowl WR for a decent CB and an unproven WR? I think we'd probably have to throw in a draft pick.

You're right about the draft pick, but I'm not so sure that it'd be too high. Think about it.

Jackson is demanding a new contract, which SD is unwilling to give him, so he is willing to hold out thru week 10 (max allowed to earn a year). Then if he doesn't have it, he'll show up for 6 games and (if/when the CBA is reached) he'll be a UFA next year. Throw in that Jackson is an off-field risk with his recurring DUI's and you have a guy with little value no matter which way it all plays out (from SD's point of view).

They can either have him for 6 games or trade him for SOMETHING.

You're right about the draft pick, but I'm not so sure that it'd be too high. Think about it.

Jackson is demanding a new contract, which SD is unwilling to give him, so he is willing to hold out thru week 10 (max allowed to earn a year). Then if he doesn't have it, he'll show up for 6 games and (if/when the CBA is reached) he'll be a UFA next year. Throw in that Jackson is an off-field risk with his recurring DUI's and you have a guy with little value no matter which way it all plays out (from SD's point of view).

They can either have him for 6 games or trade him for SOMETHING.

Good point. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him. I'd be down for bringing him but for the right price. I still have faith that Devin Thomas will have a really good year. But VJax would be nice to have.

V Jax is unsigned (holding out) with no CBA in place and a pending 3 game suspention, speaks to what kind of character he is. PASS!!!!!!

We've had way to many of these guys come through Washington yet the fan base never seems to learn. This isn't madden people.

V Jax is unsigned (holding out) with no CBA in place and a pending 3 game suspention, speaks to what kind of character he is. PASS!!!!!!

We've had way to many of these guys come through Washington yet the fan base never seems to learn. This isn't madden people.

Except ProFootballFocus rated Jackson as the best wide receiver in the NFL last year and his current tender is at $583,000.

I would hold out too.

Joey Galloway and some guy named Armstrong are splitting time at #2 WR. Our WR obviously suck. We hopefully have McNabb for the next 3-5 seasons we might as well get him a premier WR if we can...

More money is understandable, demanding it in the face of a suspension shows a lack of connection. Put this in real world situation, would you go demand a raise from your boss if you were just sent home for bad behavior. No you would lay low and do everything right until things were more advantageous. A least I would hope so.

I just don't want to lose a first or second to get Jackson.

Agreed. Next year's WR class is supposed to be stacked in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

You've got kids like A.J. Green (Georgia), Julio Jones (Alabama), Jonathan Baldwin (Pittsburgh), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), DeVier Posey (Ohio State), Austin Pettis (Boise State) and Terrance Toliver (LSU). All are big, physical possession receivers that are over 6'2" and slotted to be 1st - 2nd round selections next spring.

Archived