Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got a 3d Hdtv!

CAPT_CHAOS47

i had to turn off the 3d! too much pain, right behind the eyes....

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1105760p1.html

Sony Warns of PS3 3D Sickness

Sony has updated its Terms of Service for the PlayStation 3, taking into account its new 3D capabilities and providing some stark warnings for those who want to indulge in the experience.

"Some people may experience discomfort (such as eye strain, eye fatigue or nausea) while watching 3D video images or playing stereoscopic 3D games on 3D televisions," read Sony Online's amended terms, spotted by Joystiq.

"SCEA recommends that all viewers take regular breaks while watching 3D video or playing stereoscopic 3D games. The length and frequency of necessary breaks may vary from person to person. Please take breaks that are long enough to allow any feelings of discomfort to subside. If symptoms persist, consult a doctor."

Looks like the new fad is nothing but a headache...

Let me know when they ditch the stupid glasses. I know its possible! Nintendo did it!

Nintendo has the fortune of their device being hand-held meaning they pretty much know the angle through which you'll be looking at the screen. A living room TV has to support all sorts of angles.

Congrats on the new TV, though it's a shame you had that kind of reaction to the 3d picture. The good news is that since it's a 3D TV it's probably a pretty good quality of TV and most likely has a sweet picture without watching in 3D.

Its a Sony...came with a sony blu ray 3d dvd/surround sound. I don't think i will be gaming on it though...its a headache!

I hope this 3d fad ends soon. It bothers me during movies after about an hour of watching and I paid good money to not have to wear glasses and now I need to buy multiple 100 sets for friends etc?

I'd be interested in seeing some long-term reviews but as of now I want this fad to die.

3D is cool for some things, but I couldn't imagine using it for everyday use. I saw Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and Toy Story 3 in 3D. Avatar looked the best because it was made for 3D. Yes watching the occasional game would probably be cool, but I'm not gonna sit there and watch The Office or something in 3D. It just wouldn't add anything to it.

IMO, 3-D is something that's best on special occassions like at Disney or Universal. It will get old really fast if witnessed everyday.

I totally agree. I think 3D is cool, but I don't need to watch everything in 3D. Not all movies need to be in 3D. Like I said, I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D and it didn't really add anything to the movie. Avatar is the only movie I've seen that looked better in 3D. So watching the news or regular TV shows in 3D would be pointless.

I remember saying some of these same things about HD, but you don't need special glasses to watch HD.

Archived