Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest thief of Danny boy's money?

SkinsHokieFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

thief is the wrong word to use, that assumes they stole something from Danny boy. The poll should read "dumbest offer made by Danny boy". No one put a gun to Primetime or Bllyod's head and told them to take that money, Danny offered it. And AH did not "steal" $100mil, Danny offered it him as soon as offers could be made and that truely was his dumb mistake as no one was going to offer Al more than $50mill on an initial offer.

I said all along, I didn't mind signing Al, I just did not like the contract and what it could do to the team on many different levels and now Danny has to deal with this mess he created.

I went with Lloyd actually. 10 million guaranteed and he did not do a thing at all. Plus many said his market value was not what we paid him. Plus giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick did not help either, even though that's not technically Dan's money.

Haynesworth was still a good player, when he did play. Plus, his contract was market value for the time.

I agree with this. Haynesworth is being a lazy POS, but at least he helped out last year [when he wasn't being carted off]. Lloyd just plain sucked.

thief is the wrong word to use, that assumes they stole something from Danny boy. The poll should read "dumbest offer made by Danny boy". No one put a gun to Primetime or Bllyod's head and told them to take that money, Danny offered it. And AH did not "steal" $100mil, Danny offered it him as soon as offers could be made and that truely was his dumb mistake as no one was going to offer Al more than $50mill on an initial offer.

/QUOTE]

I'm kinda on the fence about this. One the one hand, yeah the money was offered, and who the hell is gonna turn down 100 [or hell even 8] million dollars?

On the other hand, the money was offered in a contract, under the assumption that these players were going to do their job to the best of their ability.

So yeah it's technically Danny's fault for paying out that much, but there's some fault on the players for not doing their job as best they can. But I agree with you that Danny's stupidity played a large part in this.

I voted for Fat Al but I think he and Deion are about the same in that they are looking to jump ship after one year because they don't like the new coaching staff.

To tell the truth, the biggest thief I've seen is Dana Stubblefield. He took that huge contract and proceeded to:

-Suck

-Tell the coaches how to run practice

-Go on IR because he fell down some stairs

-Refuse to come back into a game because of a tummy ache.

Stubblefield was the biggest thief of Redskin money but he was signed before Danny bought the team. Danny did pay him his last two years here however. But unlike Fat Albert he didn't give an effort when he was on the field. Albert was at least a good player last year. Stubblefield sucked from day 1.

Just another example of the Danny Vinny disaster. I agree with all of the things said about Albert being selfish etc. but the fact of the matter is these two idiots are the ones that negotiated this contract. They have to look like morons to their other NFL colleagues to have paid this guy 32 million for 12 games and then have him basically say go screw yourself. Danny is a wealthy man but 32 million is alot of money to anybody.

Heath Shuler

Shuler was a first-round selection in the 1994 NFL Draft, taken by the Washington Redskins with the third overall pick. ESPN rated him the 4th biggest NFL Draft bust of all time.[3] He held out of training camp until he received a 7-year, $19.25 million contract.

20 mil before he ever touched an NFL football! Now that's insane.

Not really... JaMarcus Russell did the same exact thing and got $61 million (32 guaranteed)

Top QB selections call for a king's ransom.

It was a waste, but we didn't overpay for the draft slot and $20 million is less than a lot of the other guys we're discussing.

I thought Deion ripped us off well and I never forgot about it either but I had to vote for Big Al. You cannot let the inmates run the asylum and I think Shanny subscribes to that old saying. I do not think Snyder should have been making any promises of playing time or position stuff to Haynesworth. But we had a weak General Manager when we signed Haynesworth. Number 92 will never be forgotten now by Skins fans.

Not sure how Dana Stubblefield isn't on this list. Spurrier was a coach a number of teams wanted, I wouldn't call him a thief. Who knew our genius GM would just bring in gators and bad running backs to play ball for him.

Stubby was actually signed by JKC Jr, although he played under Snyder for 2 years.

Archived