Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest thief of Danny boy's money?

SkinsHokieFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, hopefully the Haynesworth debacle represents the last of a screwed up era in Redskins history.

So with Danny's 32 million down the tubes (he won't get a dime back), lets look at some other notable theifs that have come by the last decade

2000- Dieon Sanders. 7 years, 56 million, 8 million guranteed. After Norv's Club Med left and Commander Schottenhiemer arrived, it was adios for Dieon, and those 8 million

2002- Steve Spurrier. Gets a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal and proceeds to be one of the laziest head coaches in NFL history over the next 2 years, mocking coaches like Jon Gruden who often show up at 4 am to start working. After winning 12 games, he pockets 10 million dollars and says goodbye to DC after the 2003, 5-11 "not so good" disaster

2006- Brandon Lloyd. He was the recipient of one of those 6 year, 30 million, 10 million guranteed contracts that Dan Snyder was handing out during that summer. His production? Well lets just say Hunter the punter has scored more TDs in the B&G then Lloyd did in his pathetic 2 years.

Eventually we let him go

2009- Albert Haynesworth. I think we all know the story there

?

Kinda obvious, isn't it?

Haynesworth, just because of the sheer dollar amount. At least though he had some talent and it was "market value" for him

B-Lloyd is very high up on the list. No talent, never did anything, and nobody would have paid that kind of money for him

I went with Lloyd actually. 10 million guaranteed and he did not do a thing at all. Plus many said his market value was not what we paid him. Plus giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick did not help either, even though that's not technically Dan's money.

Haynesworth was still a good player, when he did play. Plus, his contract was market value for the time.

I wouldn't consider them thieves as much as recipients of Dan Snyder's generous NFL Athlete Charity Program. These guys knew they were coming here for a payday. Frankly I'm surprised it didn't happen more often than it did, considering just about everyone knew that coming to D.C. meant a huge paycheck. Allen seems to have a much better grasp on the worth of money and draft picks. Although it did make offseasons much more exciting. I'm bored out of my mind reading about Haynesworth every day. But I guess it's a good kind of boredom.

I went with Lloyd actually. 10 million guaranteed and he did not do a thing at all. Plus many said his market value was not what we paid him. Plus giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick did not help either, even though that's not technically Dan's money.

Haynesworth was still a good player, when he did play. Plus, his contract was market value for the time.

I agree.... It's like paying $30,000 for a Kia and then $100,000 for a Benz... we overpaid for both, but at least the Benz is a good car.

I agree.... It's like paying $30,000 for a Kia and then $100,000 for a Benz... we overpaid for both, but at least the Benz is a good car.

Little off topic but I'm not sure I'd consider it "good"... nice maybe. :silly:

Fat Al for sure. But the list isn't complete.

To a lesser degree:

CP....who twice now has said he was about to quit. Once just before ST died, and again last week before Shanahan came in.

J Gibbs 2. Sorry, Gibbs 1 was the greatest. But not knowing the rules on consecutive timeouts? That is either lazy, old age, or stealing. Depending on how you look at it. Take your pick. $5 mill, and can't find the time to learn the rules?

D Thomas.

Malcomb.

Greg Bleh.

95% of our coaching staff over the last decade.

Fat Al for sure. But the list isn't complete.

To a lesser degree:

CP....who twice now has said he was about to quit. Once just before ST died, and again last week before Shanahan came in..

I can't say he has "stolen" money. He has played incredibly hard and never quit on his teammates. Thrown them under the bus and generally been a premadonna, sure. But he hasn't stolen money

J Gibbs 2. Sorry, Gibbs 1 was the greatest. But not knowing the rules on consecutive timeouts? That is either lazy, old age, or stealing. Depending on how you look at it. Take your pick. $5 mill, and can't find the time to learn the rules?

This is just laughable. Gibbs 2, considering all the BS he did have to put up with, was one of the best coaching jobs this team has seen since Gibbs 1.

D Thomas.

Malcomb.

Greg Bleh.

95% of our coaching staff over the last decade

I suppose. But its peanuts compared to the others on this list.

But not knowing the rules on consecutive timeouts? That is either lazy, old age, or stealing. Depending on how you look at it. Take your pick. $5 mill, and can't find the time to learn the rules?

Shortly before his death, George Michael confirmed that it was in fact Al Saunders who radioed that time out to Gibbs.

JG took the heat and he never threw AS under the bus.

But I get your point about Gibbs 2.0.

I can't say he has "stolen" money. He has played incredibly hard and never quit on his teammates. Thrown them under the bus and generally been a premadonna, sure. But he hasn't stolen money

This is just laughable. Gibbs 2, considering all the BS he did have to put up with, was one of the best coaching jobs this team has seen since Gibbs 1.

I suppose. But its peanuts compared to the others on this list.

CP...won't even address. I call 50% effort stealing.

Gibbs 2....if I pay you $5 million, and you can't even learn the rules of the game as the HC, what do you call that? Lazy?

And all of these are to a lesser degree.

I voted for Fat Al but I think he and Deion are about the same in that they are looking to jump ship after one year because they don't like the new coaching staff.

To tell the truth, the biggest thief I've seen is Dana Stubblefield. He took that huge contract and proceeded to:

-Suck

-Tell the coaches how to run practice

-Go on IR because he fell down some stairs

-Refuse to come back into a game because of a tummy ache.

The CBA has to change so that teams have more power, from players like Haynesworth who are blatant thieves to guys who play for a season or two and demand that their contracts are re worked like Chris Johnson and Andre Johnson.

You sign a contract, you honor your contract and suck it up, I think the whole signing bonus thing needs to be abolished to a minimum so players who dont show up or hold out have their livelihood taken away. Playing in the NFL is a priviledge, you dont like it then piss off and go play for peanuts in cold ass canada.

Well, hopefully the Haynesworth debacle represents the last of a screwed up era in Redskins history.

So with Danny's 32 million down the tubes (he won't get a dime back), lets look at some other notable theifs that have come by the last decade

2000- Dieon Sanders. 7 years, 56 million, 8 million guranteed. After Norv's Club Med left and Commander Schottenhiemer arrived, it was adios for Dieon, and those 8 million

2002- Steve Spurrier. Gets a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal and proceeds to be one of the laziest head coaches in NFL history over the next 2 years, mocking coaches like Jon Gruden who often show up at 4 am to start working. After winning 12 games, he pockets 10 million dollars and says goodbye to DC after the 2003, 5-11 "not so good" disaster

2006- Brandon Lloyd. He was the recipient of one of those 6 year, 30 million, 10 million guranteed contracts that Dan Snyder was handing out during that summer. His production? Well lets just say Hunter the punter has scored more TDs in the B&G then Lloyd did in his pathetic 2 years.

Eventually we let him go

2009- Albert Haynesworth. I think we all know the story there

What about Arch deluxe? Did the Skins make him the highest paid saftey in NFL history? Somthing like 40 mil?

Archived