Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Dead Redemption

Obibyn23

I've been hesitant because the first one was pretty meh. Did you play the first one? Red Dead Revolver?

Rockstar is a game developer that will put out a few mediocre games here and there, but when they nail something it turns out to be incredible. From the looks of it, they nailed this game.

Question to you guys that have played it already, in the review the guy said that we are able to make choices on whether to be the hero or villain in certain situations...is there an RPG dynamic to this game?

GTA IV got perfect reviews and it turned out the story missions got pretty boring and repetitive after a while. I'm hesitant to take much stock in what the reviewers have to say.

I think the storyline aspect of GTA got overlooked because people were jonesing to find out what the first GTA on a next - gen console would look like.

As far as Red Dead Revolver, I thought it was one of the most entertaining ( and hard) games that I've ever played, the spanish mission shootout was EPIC, great soundtrack, great multiplayer, plus deadeye bullet-time mode = WIN for me. Hopefully Redemption will be even better than Revolver.

Rockstar is a game developer that will put out a few mediocre games here and there, but when they nail something it turns out to be incredible. From the looks of it, they nailed this game.

Question to you guys that have played it already, in the review the guy said that we are able to make choices on whether to be the hero or villain in certain situations...is there an RPG dynamic to this game?

Not really RPG dynamic, more of how other people react to you. If you make choices to to help people you will get store discounts and some other small perks.

If you play the villain, people will run from you and you'll most likely have a bounty on your head. When that happens bounty hunters will try to track you down. You are able to pay off your bounty.

I have been playing since Friday night and the game is amazing. I have played as a hero. You do get an honor system so the more good deeds you do the more your honor goes up. So, with a higher honor standing you will get away with doing some bad deeds. I believe you can also wear a bandanna when committing crimes which gives your honor less of a hit.

Not really RPG dynamic, more of how other people react to you. If you make choices to to help people you will get store discounts and some other small perks.

If you play the villain, people will run from you and you'll most likely have a bounty on your head. When that happens bounty hunters will try to track you down. You are able to pay off your bounty.

I have been playing since Friday night and the game is amazing. I have played as a hero. You do get an honor system so the more good deeds you do the more your honor goes up. So, with a higher honor standing you will get away with doing some bad deeds. I believe you can also wear a bandanna when committing crimes which gives your honor less of a hit.

Wait, so let me get this straight.

You play a hero, you get discounts and cool stuff.

You play a villian, you get shot at more and chased.

Is there any bonuses to being a villian? Or do bounty hunters just have awesome stuff you can loot.

Wait' date=' so let me get this straight.

You play a hero, you get discounts and cool stuff.

You play a villian, you get shot at more and chased.

Is there any bonuses to being a villian? Or do bounty hunters just have awesome stuff you can loot.[/quote']

I haven't been chased yet so I'm not sure if there will be any cool loot. But as a villain, you can rob banks, and people so you will get to make lots of money to buy guns and ammo.

It's they typical GTA style help people or beat them down, or do a little of both.

I've always played games as the good guy.

I've been hesitant because the first one was pretty meh. Did you play the first one? Red Dead Revolver?

Yep I played Revolver, it's not even comparable. Put aside your hesitance...throw caution to the wind. You will thoroughly enjoy this game.

The game looks fantastic, is getting great reviews and it seems tons of people are buying this game.

My question is: Does it do enough to add new features and seperate itself grom GTA series, or does it merely feel like GTA in an old-western setting?

Of course, I know certain aspects will be GTA-like, which I don't have a problem with, but the GTA games themselves have kind of run their course for me, by the time GTA 4 came out, it seemed like even though it got great reviews, me personally, I got bored of it really fast, and this is someone who loved Vice City, San Andreas, GTA 3 etc....

I am leaning towards getting the game because I am kind of looking into getting a game that I can do more than play a 10 hour linear story-based mission and DONE type of game.

So with that said, still recommend it?

Another question, doesn't riding horses get a little bit repetitive? I imagine riding from one end of the map to the other could get really boring. There's obviously no causing chaos in this game like you can in GTA, so what happens when you want to get somewhere but it's miles away? Tape the analog stick forward and go make yourself a sandwich?

Another question, doesn't riding horses get a little bit repetitive? I imagine riding from one end of the map to the other could get really boring.

I heard that you can ride the train from town to town. Which is probably good considering the absolute massive size of the game map.

As far as traveling in the game, I think there are ways to setup camps on the map so you can do "fast travel" Kind of like taking a taxi in GTA 4, you could either sit there and enjoy the ride, or just click the button to arrive at destination.

Archived