Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players do you think are left that we can get in the 4th???

HoggLife

In terms of other players, Cam Thomas is a good option but doesn't really make sense if Haynesworth is still on the roster.

I think it actually makes more sense as it gives you the freedom to move Haynesworth outside, and gives good depth at NT. Cam Thomas could be a long term solution at NT.

If we want to build the defensive front we take Cam Thomas (NT) or an ILB. Griffen would be a bad pick when we have Carter, Wilson, Alexander, and possibly Jarmon all competing for a spot opposite Orakpo.

We finally disagree about something; you know i respect your opinion but

I think Griffen is the higher rated prospect.

He's a great athlete and although he doesn't 'fit' the scheme per se but He's such a talent that i'm sure we could find a home for him when we play 4-3 DE and if Lorenzo Alexander can find a spot at LB in our scheme then a player with superior attributes like Griffen should also find a home.

I would have been all for Cam Thomas before we signed Anthony Bryant and Howard Green both are listed as NT with Kemo that 3 legit NT then throw in Haynseworth and Golston and Monty at spot duty that a pretty deep NT rotation.

None of the above aside from Orakpo is a proven commodity. Carter is the closest thing but has struggled in this system before and is 31 so how much longer can we realistically count no him. This is about value here. If a player of this caliber falls to you, make the pick...don't draft for need alone....

Everson Griffen is not a proven commodity either. His 3-4 OLB prospects are about on par with all of the guys we have in the mix.

In terms of other players, Cam Thomas is a good option but doesn't really make sense if Haynesworth is still on the roster.

Sure it does. Haynesworth is not an ideal nose tackle in the 3-4, he's a defensive end. Kemoeatu is still coming back from a major injury and Howard Green is not an every down player.

We finally disagree about something; you know i respect your opinion but

I think Griffen is the higher rated prospect.

He's a great athlete and although he doesn't 'fit' the scheme per se but He's such a talent that i'm sure we could find a home for him when we play 4-3 DE and if Lorenzo Alexander can find a spot at LB in our scheme then a player with superior attributes like Griffen should also find a home.

I said this in another thread... but I look at the prospect of drafting Griffen as being similar to re-drafting Jarmon. They have similar builds and similar straight line speed. Griffen is a more polished athlete but Jarmon doesn't have any problems with effort and motivation.

I would have been all for Cam Thomas before we signed Anthony Bryant and Howard Green both are listed as NT with Kemo that 3 legit NT then throw in Haynseworth and Golston and Monty at spot duty that a pretty deep NT rotation.

My level of faith in Monty is low and I honestly don't think Bryant is much more than a camp body. I think getting a young guy like Thomas goes a long way to offset the durability, injury, and age concerns we have across the line. Golston is perhaps the only truly durable, younger guy we have at the moment.

I don't think we need a developmental QB but its in Mike Shanahan's MO to take a developmental QB late in the draft.

The ones i like are:

Jarret Brown and Zach Robinson

I would LOVE to get Brown. Just have him sit behind McNabb for the next three years. He only started one at WVU (stuck behind Pat White) so who really knows what his upside is.

I don't think we need a developmental QB but its in Mike Shanahan's MO to take a developmental QB late in the draft.

The ones i like are:

Jarret Brown and Zach Robinson

You keep saying that it's Shanahan's "MO" to take a QB late in the draft.

Looking through Denver's draft picks, he took two QBs in 2004 (Matt Mauck and Bradlee Van Pelt in the 7th round), a QB in 2000 (Jarius Jackson, 7th rounder), and that's it. He took Griese in the 3rd round in 1998, Jeff Lewis in the very early 4th round in 1996, and obviously Cutler as his first round pick in 2006.

So that's 3 late round developmental QBs, 2 of which occurred in one draft.

How is that an MO?

My level of faith in Monty is low and I honestly don't think Bryant is much more than a camp body. I think getting a young guy like Thomas goes a long way to offset the durability, injury, and age concerns we have across the line. Golston is perhaps the only truly durable, younger guy we have at the moment.

Agreed with this.

I'd take Cam Thomas and his potential over Anthony Bryant any day of the week.

I am actually pretty excited for tomorrow as both Bruce Campbell and Jason Fox are both still available . We could strike it rich and adress both ends of the OL with solid ZBS tackles and getting either Fox or Campbell makes me feel an awful lot better about the Trent Williams pick .

Other than than then maybe looking at Dominique Franks (though I would be happy with Barnes and Tyron) I doubt QB is an option and there really isnt the value there is on the OL at other positions .

We have a lot of bodies competing on the DL and at LB - ILB is a weakness and I think we get most bang for our buck at OT with potentially Campbell and Fox ..

I also wonder how far Jonathan Dwyer drops ? Maybe not an ideal Shanahan pick but if we managed to get a trade done for Campbell or Carter and picked up an addition pick I could see us look in his direction despite the drugs test ...

I think I would go for Fox over Campbell actually. While Campbell may be an athletic freak, Fox can play the game and has the experience and profile to step in right away to start at RT.

What is pushing him down draft boards is he has had injuries over his college career. However, this is the case with Campbell as well.

Fox just looks like a Shanny RT: http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/OT/Jason-Fox.php

So with all this Bruce Campbell love in this thread, does anyone have any evidence of him fitting the type of blocking scheme that will be run? I only ask cuz this is why Trent was taken instead of Russell Okung...he was perceived as being a better fit. I haven't heard or read anything that says Bruce Campbell would be a good fit for the Skins.

At this point I'm hoping for Mardy Gilyard to play slot and special teams and maybe another OL or DB in the 5th and Ed Wang if he falls to the Skins in the 7th. Wang played at VA Tech so he knows how to run block and give inconsistent QB's time to throw.

Agree on OLB being a need but ILB can wait a round or two as I just don't see the best value at that position right now.....I would also maybe hold off on an ILB as Morrison and Howard from Oakland should be available at low prices and are young options that can immediately contribute.

I would go with Howard. Ive seen him make some big plays. Hey, he was picked right after Rocky MaCcC in the 2nd when back when...

I would trade Rocky for him, if Rocky insists on being traded(!)(?)

I think we are in a good position right now. there are some talented players still available. we may trade down a bit to get some picks, but I wouldn't want to move far. there are some good OL prospects still there.

I'm a big fan of Jordan Shipley. Good hands, sneaky quick and he can return kicks.

Shipley was drafted....

Maybe Shanny sees a little of Mike Anderson in Dwyer....who knows. Can't hurt to add more depth to the O-Line, and Campbell would be an intriguing prospect. On the flip...i'm still enamored with Legarrette Blount. If he's still on the board by the time we're picking in the 4th, he'd be an absolute steal. Before he put Byron Hout to sleep, the overall consensus was that he could go as high as late in the first round...

i have heard skins will take another offensive lineman, and the two most likely picks will be Bruce Campbell or Ed Wang, i believe Wang would be a better fit

you've heard?? from a "source":shhh:

either way i would be happy with either

both perfect for the right side and will fit shanny's ZBS

Archived