Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players do you think are left that we can get in the 4th???

HoggLife

I was wondering if any of you had a good idea of what players are left that we could possibly use. I have heard Bruce Cambell but Im not big on him. I was thinking of the QB outta Central Michigan but do we need a project QB when we still have Colt Brennan?

A guy with some slight character issues I'd consider is Mike Williams, WR from Syracuse. He's 6'1" 221 lbs. The guy catches almost everything thrown in his direction, it's ridiculous. I've seen him in person a bunch of times and he's just damn impressive.

But not as a 4th rounder. I'd look for him in the 5th or 7th, if he's not there, so be it.

He's probably better than Gilyard.

Cam Thomas, Selvish Capers and Bruce Campbell are all potential picks in round 4.

Thomas would be good to put into the mix as a nose tackle.

Capers is a bit of a project, but could eventually be a very good tackle, especially in a ZBS.

Campbell is a great athlete, might be worth a flyer. Surprised he's still there.

Right now I have a dellema of E. Griffen or B. Campbell. Who do you think? Griffen would make an excellent 3-4 OLB if we are trading Carter. Campbell is a workout warrior but he hasn't done anything noteworthy on tape; he's a project.

I think Tony Pike will be a good QB and will be a starter in the NFL for a long time if he gets with the right coaches, which would be ours.

Also, I'm also having some serious thoughts/questions if maybe Rex Grossman, as young and talented as he is, can be our QB of the future while he gets more experience under Donnovan. He is after all an idencticle QB to Jay Cutler who did pretty well under Mike Shanahan. That has to be answered before you take a QB like Pike. I don't think Colt Brennan will make the roster under the new coaching staff, especially if nothing happens with Jason Campbell.

Some guys we should look at at some point:

Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse

Darryl Sharpton, LB, Miami

Myron Rolle, S, FSU

George Selvie, OLB, USF

Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

Charles Scott, RB, LSU

Riley Cooper, WR, Florida (6'3" 222, probably shocks a few people)

Jason Fox, OT, Miami

Art Jones, DE, Syracuse

LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon

Among others.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/556622?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

maybe there is a chance we take gilyard

04/11/2010 - After visiting the Titans last week, former UC receiver Mardy Gilyard will visit the Redskins today and Monday before taking part in the Bengals local workout on Tuesday. Besides those visits, Gilyard has also had private workouts with the Broncos, Patriots and Browns. The visit to the Redskins is mildly surprising considering that they have only one pick in the first 100, but they are trying to move defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth before the draft, which would give them another pick (or two) in the first three rounds. - Joe Reedy, The Cincinnati Enquirer

Archived