Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPhone 4 revealed

JeffSchmeff

I think it is going to be on Verizon too.

They have been saying that for awhile. Verizon's network cannot currently support the iPhone data and network needs.

There would have to be huge upgrades to their network.

I'll happily eat crow if it happens but people have been "hinting" at the switch to verizon for years.

They have been saying that for awhile. Verizon's network cannot currently support the iPhone data and network needs.

I'll happily eat crow if it happens but people have been "hinting" at the switch to verizon for years.

From what I have read that is not true. They are just waiting on the contract with AT&T to run out. For example:

[Verizon]has been hard at work with enhancing its network all around the United States, and this is seen as a sign for a future launch of the iPhone. Moreover, Verizon Wireless Chief Technology Officer Anthony Melone said the following in a recent interview with Bloomberg BusinessWeek “We have put things in place already. We are prepared to support that traffic.”

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Verizon-Says-It-Can-Handle-the-iPhone-130234.shtml

Verizon has a big share of the blackberry market. Is the iPhone network need that much greater? Or does it assume a certain increase in the market once they start offering an iPhone?

I think it is going to be on Verizon too.

They will have an At&t version and Verizon version. I'm pretty sure that will happen. No way Apple will let go all of it's At&t customers and make them switch. They'll lose a pretty large market share and vice versa.

Not going to be verizon according to a lot of sources today...

They can keep their craptastic service with the iPhone then. If it were on verizon I'd more than likely have one, but since it is staying on AT&T not gonna change to the crappy service.

I've been holding out on the smartphone thing until this happens. Anyone know if you will have to pre-order? If so, what steps should I take to make sure I dont have to wait 6 months to get one? I'm not tech savvy obviously.

Wait on official information from Apple, Verizon or AT&T ... its all speculative right now on if this is the official new iPhone 4g if it will be on verizon or when it would come out.

Wait on official information from Apple, Verizon or AT&T ... its all speculative right now on if this is the official new iPhone 4g if it will be on verizon or when it would come out.

Thanks. I've got AT&T and I've just been waiting patiently for this phone to come out. I was advised to wait for this phone instead of pulling the trigger last year. I just hope I can get one this summer. We'll see.

Archived