Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we/Could we have waited to trade for Big Ben instead??

IrepDC

Apparently the Steelers' organization is really upset with him, and they may consider trading him. If the price had been the same or similar would it have been better to hold out for Roethlisberger?

Here's the link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Also, I'd like to point out that JLC is the author and this info is from one of his "sources," but who knows if Big Ben is actually dealt.

honestly, i would rather have McNabb here.

1. McNabb is getting old and is hungry for a championship

2. McNabb has a chip on his shoulder for a legit reason

3. McNabb is a character guy. With Ben we would always have to worry about what he is doing. I'd imagine the nightlife in DC/Bmore would be more tempting than Pitt

4. Ben won 2 SBs in Pitt, McNabb will (that's right, wishful thinking) only win SBs in DC

5. I think that McNabb is just a better overall QB, and that's what matters most.

No

1, Pittsburgh isn't letting Ben go. The talk is all a threat to Ben to get his act together, they aren't letting there 2 time SuperBowl winning QB go anywhere unless he has some serious legal problems. This is a dog and pony show for fans and media to sink there teeth into as an answer for what happened recently. The truth is Pittsburgh's sweaky clean image is all a ruse. They draft guys who have messed up pasts more then most teams. The Rooney's care about the product, little about morals. They just want you to think they do. If you don't agree then explain to me how they still could have Jeff Reed on the team today? How did they draft Holmes? This is all bs

2. If I'm wrong about Pittsburgh and they want to dump Ben then the cost would easily be two first round picks. Two time Superbowl winning QB in his 20's would easily command that. Sorry but we need those picks, the second hurt but no way we would have done a deal like the Bears did with Denver last year for a worse QB.

Absolutely not. Big Ben would have cost the #4 overall pick PLUS additional compensation. In addition, Big Ben is facing a potential suspension and despite winning two SuperBowls is not looked at as a leader in that locker room. McNabb hasn't one the big one, but his presense to the lockroom and the confidence he's building in the team as the unquestioned offensive voice is immeasurable.

Apparently the Steelers' organization is really upset with him, and they may consider trading him. If the price had been the same or similar would it have been better to hold out for Roethlisberger?

Here's the link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Also, I'd like to point out that JLC is the author and this info is from one of his "sources," but who knows if Big Ben is actually dealt.

If the price were the same, it's a no brainer that Ben would have been a better choice than McNabb. He is younger and better.

But there is no way that the price would be the same. He would command more, imho, and you might want to use those picks on players who aren't a sneeze away from suspension.

Of course I would take Big Ben over McNabb. But:

I would say less than 1% chance he gets traded

But let's pretend they are trading him. Hinsight 20/20. No way of knowing Big Ben and the Steelers would be in this situation and it would be difficult to pass up on McNabb. And the Steelers will ask for a higher price

no...grabbing McNabb was a very smart move

1) Big Ben knows his division not ours..

2)Mcnabb has studied film on how to beat the Giants for 11 years...and has beat the Giants

3) Mcnabb has studied film on how to beat the Cowboys for 11 years...and has beat the Cowboys

4) McNabb knows the Eagles Defense!!!! weaknesses and strengths

5)that is 6 games within our division and I believe with McNabb as our QB, we have a good chance of winning most!!!

No. Why would we want him here in our city for that long? I feel about him like I do about OJ and Ray Lewis.

We may have a racist name (according to some), but for the most part our team doesn't seem to live like the POS's of society.

On the football side, he holds the ball forever. The Steelers O hasn't been great. He had a great running game and WR. At least half of that is gone now. I doubt he's an upgrade over JC at this point, and he has injury problems.

Big Ben isn't even that spectacular. He makes some impressively horrible throws. I wouldn't want him on this team even if the Steelers gave him to us for free. You can already tell their locker room is turning against him. I don't want a rapist on my team.

Haynesworth already raped us.

Not that 2nd one, they didn't...

In the second SB win, Big Ben was 21/30, 70% completion rate, 8.5 yards per attempt, and drove the offense 78 yards for the winning TD with 2 1/2 minutes left in the game.

If it wasn't for Harrison's interception, that game probably would have gotten out of hand. and Ben wouldn't have been in position to win the game. He also has to give a lot of thanks to Holmes for making all of those great catches that did move the team down the field.

But, with the exception of the two TD drives, they weren't doing much on offense.

To me, Big Ben has been an overrated QB who benefited a lot from a defense that gives him back the ball on a regular basis. I do admit that last year he had a great season and maybe he was finally growing into it. But, I don't think he's one of the great QBs in the league.

-Mcnabb has studied film on how to beat the Giants for 11 years...and has beat the Giants

- Mcnabb has studied film on how to beat the Cowboys for 11 years...and has beat the Cowboys

-McNabb knows the Eagles Defense!!!! weaknesses and strengths

that is 6 games within our division and I believe with McNabb as our QB, we have a good chance of winning most!!!

Very well said DDB. Donovan McNabb is our best chance to win and help transform the mentality of the lockerroom. We need LEADERSHIP and ACCOUNTABILITY at Redskins Park not more chaos. Big Ben is not a person who exhibits good decision making.

Big Ben is a peice of ****, no matter how you slice it. He may be a playmaker, but in a different type of offense. What this team needed more than anything was a leader, on the field AND in the locker room, and Big Ben can't be that. No. We made the right decision.

I think with questions at the oline we need a qb that can move around and get the ball out quick. Ben can move for his size but he tends to hold the ball forever trying to make the big play. He accounted for a lot of sacks himself by trying to make something out of nothing. Mcnabb will move around and get up field if no ones open.

Archived