Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we/Could we have waited to trade for Big Ben instead??

IrepDC

Just like I wouldn't want a dog killer on the team, I don't want a sexual predator on the team. Yes, I'm calling BR a sexual predator because of the accusations and no he hasn't been convicted, yet. Also as an added anathema, BR uses cops as his "bodyguards" that cut the girls out of the herd that BR wants, takes them to hallways and "guards" BR while he's assaulting underage girls that he's gotten drunk.

Nope, not Redskins material.

Just like I wouldn't want a dog killer on the team, I don't want a sexual predator on the team. Yes, I'm calling BR a sexual predator because of the accusations and no he hasn't been convicted, yet. Also as an added anathema, BR uses cops as his "bodyguards" that cut the girls out of the herd that BR wants, takes them to hallways and "guards" BR while he's assaulting underage girls that he's gotten drunk.

Nope, not Redskins material.

allegedly.

Ben is a garbage human being. Plain and simple. Don't want that trash as the leader of our team or face of the franchise. A rapist (his money saved him) is a step below murder in my eyes. That makes him little better than Ray Carruth to me. If anything he's too stupid to keep himself outta these situations after the first accusation. Hope he stays far away from the Redskins

While I'm not a Ben Roethlisberger fan by any stretch, it's ridiculous how people just come on here and bash him the way they do.

To me, he's an overrated QB that I wouldn't want here. However, the character assassination that's going on here is ridiculous. Nobody here has any idea what happened that night.

While I'm not condoning his actions, I find it much more likely that she was trying to shake money out of him, then him actually sexually assaulting her. Face it, he's a Super Bowl-winning QB in the NFL, so he doesn't have problems getting women.

No, absolutely not. Besides BB being an absolute jerk, he is not a good quarterback for the WCO.

The Steelers offensive line looks bad because he holds onto the ball much too long and would be much better if he had a quicker release or learned to throw the ball away.

he's a Super Bowl-winning QB in the NFL, so he doesn't have problems getting women.

^^^^ not the issue, he ran into a girl that allegedly said no... being the big shot superbowl winning qb that can have almost any chic he wants...that was most likely a problem to him. There are deeper issues here, of power, etc. This isn't the first time.

No. Big Ben would cost to much. Also, I think they are couple of red flags already and probably more down the pike. Also, this guy is going to be suspended for part of the season. That's not a good way to bring in someone new.

I think eventually this punk will not be able to walk away.

It wouldn't shock me to the Steelers just trade him next week, but the price will have to be right for them.

^^^^ not the issue, he ran into a girl that allegedly said no... being the big shot superbowl winning qb that can have almost any chic he wants...that was most likely a problem to him. There are deeper issues here, of power, etc. This isn't the first time.

Not only that, but they bought the girls shots. Now why do people get other people drunk? Could it be so they can take advantage of the person? And these girls were underage to boot.

At some point, taking responsibility comes into play. I, for one, am tired of grown men pulling the "boys will be boys" excuse, no matter what their age, to excuse their bad behavior.

Some of you guys are getting to be as bad as the Raiders' fans. They want anyone in pants that has talent on their club, even if they are on work release. Move out to Oakland and fly the Jolly Roger with that ship of fools :laugh:

Then you can play fantasy football with Michael Vick on your team with Leonard Little playing DE perhaps a little Pacman in the secondary? :D

What a team that would be :laugh:

Of course they would finish 4-12 but the headlines would be interesting to watch.

Not only that, but they bought the girls shots. Now why do people get other people drunk? Could it be so they can take advantage of the person? And these girls were underage to boot.

At some point, taking responsibility comes into play. I, for one, am tired of grown men pulling the "boys will be boys" excuse, no matter what their age, to excuse their bad behavior.

As far as the drunkeness goes: those girls knew it was against the law for them to drink alchohol and they did it anyway. And it's not like people don't drink together (Ben was also drunk), so I wouldn't make too much of that, but that's just me.

I thought the team was trying to get rid of dirt bags not add one of the biggest ones in the league. I wasn't a fan of McNabb, but the way he has carried himself since being signed has impressed me. Not saying it's going to translate to wins, but he was the best available QB in the league to lead the Skins. The Eagles are going to regret trading him IMO.

I've been a Ben fan. Can't say I'd take him over Mcnabb, regardless of the age advantage. I think a Ben Trade would have been a typical Vinny move. Trade for him, back up a brinks truck. Scratch that give him Fort knox and then watch us fail. This regime is too smart to fall for one of those Vinny moves. Sure they will fail on some of their moves too, but we won't be losing a ton of cap space to go with it too.

McNabb is a better player than Ben.

Yes, Ben has two rings, but does anyone really credit him for carrying the team to those wins? Many times the Steelers won IN SPITE of his horrid play and tendency to hold onto the ball too long. Ben is a playmaker, tough, and creates with his feet but he is no McNabb. McNabb was THE only decent player on that Philly offense for years and they won a pile of games due to McNabb's stellar play.

Ben might be worth more on the open market due to his age, but I'd much rather have McNabb right now.

Archived