Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we/Could we have waited to trade for Big Ben instead??

IrepDC

Yes, Ben has two rings, but does anyone really credit him for carrying the team to those wins? Many times the Steelers won IN SPITE of his horrid play and tendency to hold onto the ball too long. Ben is a playmaker, tough, and creates with his feet but he is no McNabb. McNabb was THE only decent player on that Philly offense for years and they won a pile of games due to McNabb's stellar play.

Ben might be worth more on the open market due to his age, but I'd much rather have McNabb right now.

I don't know about comparing him to McNabb, but I'll give the guy credit where it's due.

Yeah, he's been helped by the Steelers' defense, but Ben's also made some really clutch plays when he's had to.

And he played well in the playoffs in 2008, including the game winning drive in the Super Bowl that was all on his passing.

And he played well in the playoffs in 2008, including the game winning drive in the Super Bowl that was all on his passing.

You and I could have torched the cards defense at that point in the game as those guys had tired legs and were just allowing Holmes to run free all over the place.

I do give Ben credit for what he has accomplished, but I'd still rather have McNabb. Donovan is a far superior leader.

I wonder if Ben had brought two Super-bowls to this team, would most of the complainers would be defending him?

I wouldn't. Some of us actually do expect our football players to have, gasp morals.

Something Generation Ipod or guys without daughters apparently will ignore for tainted victories.

First off, if we didnt already have McNabb then yes. Secondly in my opinion the man wasnt convicted of anything so he isnt guilty of anything. Third Ben won that Superbowl, without him the cards would have won, period.

OJ wasn't convicted of nearly decapitating his ex wife and her boyfriend so you would have been comfortable if he dated a female member of your family?

Why do we always have "football observers" who go Ricky Martin on other teams POS (and defend them like they are already on the team and starting) who would have a cow if Vinny and Danny actually made an idiotic move to get him?

We are not the Dirty dozen. This is not Boys Town and I don't see the need for the Redskins to be Father Flanagan for the current above average NFL Dirt bag in the spotlight

But hey even the duh heads on ES have a right to fantasize about the not in this lifetime destructive move. :)

OJ wasn't convicted of nearly decapitating his ex wife and her boyfriend so you would have been comfortable if he dated a female member of your family?

Why do we always have "football observers" who go Ricky Martin on other teams POS (and defend them like they are already on the team and starting) who would have a cow if Vinny and Danny actually made an idiotic move to get him?

We are not the Dirty dozen. This is not Boys Town and I don't see the need for the Redskins to be Father Flanagan for the current above average NFL Dirt bag in the spotlight

But hey even the duh heads on ES have a right to fantasize about the not in this lifetime destructive move. :)

People are just uninformed about how reality and the hypothetical "law" work together.

No

1, Pittsburgh isn't letting Ben go. The talk is all a threat to Ben to get his act together, they aren't letting there 2 time SuperBowl winning QB go anywhere unless he has some serious legal problems. This is a dog and pony show for fans and media to sink there teeth into as an answer for what happened recently. The truth is Pittsburgh's sweaky clean image is all a ruse. They draft guys who have messed up pasts more then most teams. The Rooney's care about the product, little about morals. They just want you to think they do. If you don't agree then explain to me how they still could have Jeff Reed on the team today? How did they draft Holmes? This is all bs

2. If I'm wrong about Pittsburgh and they want to dump Ben then the cost would easily be two first round picks. Two time Superbowl winning QB in his 20's would easily command that. Sorry but we need those picks, the second hurt but no way we would have done a deal like the Bears did with Denver last year for a worse QB.

1. Hmmm... Plex & Holmes, dog & pony, yeah right. Both Reed's incedents (destroying a paper towel dispenser and public intoxication) can hardly be compared to sexual assault charges. If you're right about Ben "easily commanding" two first round picks then offers have already been made, the draft is 4 days away... what teams have made those offers? When you read about a guy that employs a couple of goons to rope hefers for him (obviously the guy can't rope his own)... and then read on where this idiot walks in on the girl swinging his johnson... come on man, seriously... you think that's the kind of character that inspires teammates to look to you as a leader? The past (two SB's) is the past... the idiot is now exposed.

2. You're right... we need the picks.

I was in PA last week and the news had a story about women in Pittsburgh are burning rapistberger jersey's. A lot of the people in Pittsburgh have lost all respect for rapistberger. I would not be surprised if he was traded.

He shouldn't be playing ANYWHERE. He should be in jail getting treatment for each of the heinous act that he's committed.

This wouldn't even be a discussion if he weren't an athlete.

Ben is a product of the Organization he works for. This same "Knucklehead" if say had been drafted by the Lions, Raiders, Browns etc... would be short 2 SB Rings and would of probaly been out of the league by now ,and sitting in Court or jail.

honestly, i would rather have McNabb here.

1. McNabb is getting old and is hungry for a championship

2. McNabb has a chip on his shoulder for a legit reason

3. McNabb is a character guy. With Ben we would always have to worry about what he is doing. I'd imagine the nightlife in DC/Bmore would be more tempting than Pitt

4. Ben won 2 SBs in Pitt, McNabb will (that's right, wishful thinking) only win SBs in DC

5. I think that McNabb is just a better overall QB, and that's what matters most.

Agreed on points 1,2,3, and 5. Hopeful on point #4. Plus Roethlisberger's career may be on severe downturn from here. The guy has gotten into too much trouble to stop. He can apologize all he wants, but I don't think he'll stop getting into trouble. McNabb is the polar opposite of Roethlisberger.

Archived