Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we/Could we have waited to trade for Big Ben instead??

IrepDC

I agree with all your points and would much rather have McNabb here as well.

honestly, i would rather have McNabb here.

1. McNabb is getting old and is hungry for a championship

2. McNabb has a chip on his shoulder for a legit reason

3. McNabb is a character guy. With Ben we would always have to worry about what he is doing. I'd imagine the nightlife in DC/Bmore would be more tempting than Pitt

4. Ben won 2 SBs in Pitt, McNabb will (that's right, wishful thinking) only win SBs in DC

5. I think that McNabb is just a better overall QB, and that's what matters most.

If we were to trade for Ben, I'm sure he'd cost a lot more than McNabb did, to the point that it'd be something we couldn't afford. And, like many have already said, he's had trouble off the field (which I don't think of as a big deal unless it leads to suspensions).

The Rooneys' concern is born of the history and prestige of their franchise, the recent fan backlash and public perception about Roethlisberger and their belief that no player is bigger than the team.

That is hilarious! The Steelers have been known for years to be one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL. Hines Ward is known league wide as an *******. Do you really think the Steelers are that concerned about their image?

Let me tell you something about Big Ben, I live less than 10 minutes from Ben's hometown of Findlay. Our high schools played each other. Ben instantly turned 90% of our county into Steelers fans when he was drafted. The fans L O V E this guy. He walks on water as far as they're concerned. The Steelers are just doing this so it's clear to everyone that they don't agree with his off field antics. That's all it is. Personally I think the dog and pony show is getting ridiculous. Ray Lewis didn't get this much flack and he killed someone!

The Steelers won't release Ben anytime soon, you can take that to the bank.

honestly, i would rather have McNabb here.

1. McNabb is getting old and is hungry for a championship

2. McNabb has a chip on his shoulder for a legit reason

3. McNabb is a character guy. With Ben we would always have to worry about what he is doing. I'd imagine the nightlife in DC/Bmore would be more tempting than Pitt

4. Ben won 2 SBs in Pitt, McNabb will (that's right, wishful thinking) only win SBs in DC

5. I think that McNabb is just a better overall QB, and that's what matters most.

6. We don't want girls in our area to be raped

Read that report on http://www.thesmokinggun.com/

I would have to say it looks pretty bad... looks like he raped her to me - no question. Had his bodyguard bring the drunk 20 year old to him. Obviously this type of thing (bodyguards finding women for Ben) was planned. I would say Ben has some issues and should consider himself really lucky not to be doing jail time. He is a predator in my opinion. I wouldn't want that piece of trash in a Redskin uniform personally.

exactly never ...its a damn shame he got away with it!! oh yeah TWICE!!!! nah that dude is sick... the nfl is trying to get a lil more female fan base but pink jerseys aint enough, ya should probably outlaw rape!! chicks frown on that type of thing

For what?

I'd just prefer the Steeler Defense and coordinators who are the real reasons for the two superbowls.

That would be a stupid move since one more hard sack by either the Cowboys,Giants or iggles would have him thinking retirement and this isn't Raiders or Bengals East when it comes to going after character challenged guys.

If Vinny and Danny said something a foolish as this there would have been public outcry.

Shoot! Big Ben in DC? Imagine all the trouble he could drum up in DC clubs compared to Pittsburgh. Nope, I am still getting used to the McNabb deal but given the choice between those two, give my D-Mac.

Athletes tend to get into trouble in smaller markets.

Smoot had no issues in DC, different story in Minnesota. Tyson in Indianapolis. Kobe in Colorado etc. Girls in bigger towns are less deluded about reality.

Athletes tend to get into trouble in smaller markets.

Smoot had no issues in DC, different story in Minnesota. Tyson in Indianapolis. Kobe in Colorado etc. Girls in bigger towns are less deluded about reality.

Add Milledgeville, Georgia to the list. ;)

If Ben was black he would be in jail like Mike Tyson was. ben has made a lot of bad moves, and he is not getting any wiser as he gets older. Who knows, maybe he likes to take the *****.

If Ben was a black ,100 million dollar, two time Superbowl winning quarterback for one of America's favorite teams, he would probably be where he is right now.

Whatever his talents as a QB and as an athete Roethlisberger's character and off-field conduct is, at the very least, questionable and (if what we read is true) at worst utterly reprehensible. So no, I wouldn't want him as our QB, even if we were offered him.

I appreciate that the need to win is an important factor, but it can't and should never be, win at any cost. Perhsps this is idealistic and naive of me, but I'd sincerely hope the Redskins would have more dignity, principles and class than to ever sign a player like Roethlisberger.

Archived