Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have little faith in our WR's

Skinsfanatic_1

Interesting OP, as I totally disagree. Our young WR's are what I'm actually most excited for this coming season, now that we've got a real QB. I think they have great potential that wasn't utilized by Zorn or Campbell. And are any of us surprised by that? Hell no.

I honestly believe JC couldn't see the field well and was under constant pressure, some of it his own fault. He relied too heavily in Moss and Cooley and overlooked everyone else. Next year will be a breakout year for Thomas and Kelly and maybe others if we get some pass blocking up front.

Interesting OP, as I totally disagree. Our young WR's are what I'm actually most excited for this coming season, now that we've got a real QB. I think they have great potential that wasn't utilized by Zorn or Campbell. And are any of us surprised by that? Hell no.

I fully agree. I'm excited to see how are young receiver talent is going to be utilized in a real system....

Do folks remember the AZ game from a couple of years ago? The one where Devin Thomas had a long TD called back because of a penalty on Heyer?

Thomas was wide open deep on numerous plays that game and Campbell never looked in his direction. Even on the long TD Thomas was so wide open that he stopped his route and waved his hands in the air hoping to get Campbell's attention before Campbell finally saw him.

I think having a Pro Bowl QB with a great deep ball is going to do wonders for our receivers.

I honestly believe JC couldn't see the field well and was under constant pressure, some of it his own fault. He relied too heavily in Moss and Cooley and overlooked everyone else. Next year will be a breakout year for Thomas and Kelly and maybe others if we get some pass blocking up front.

I'll disagree with this, at least later in the season. In that stretch when the offense did well, it was a different guy every week that stepped up. (Denver: Fred Davis, Dallas: Rock Cartwright, Philly: Thomas, Davis and Moss (Tho Kelly had the most yards), NO: Thomas, Oakland: Moss.

Maybe it was not having Cooley for that stretch. Maybe it was the playcalling that got more players involved. It is hard to say. In any case, the ball was spread around a lot more late in the season, for good results.

well, im not a big tana fan and nothing of MK's performances stand out to me from last year.... however DT is a stud in the making. how did you not see that? the kid can catch the ball and when gets it he runs like a man posessed! i am sooooo looking forward to seeing what these guys can do with mcnabb at the helm!!

The only thing Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly have proven to me is that they're incapable. It's still early in their career but I don't think they have the "it" factor. Getting McNabb was a solid move, but the fact remains that he needs more than one or two (Moss and Cooley) receivers to throw to.

Seriously, dude! lmao.....I wanna kno what were you doing just b/4 you started typing? I'll wait....

The only thing Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly have proven to me is that they're incapable. It's still early in their career but I don't think they have the "it" factor. Getting McNabb was a solid move, but the fact remains that he needs more than one or two (Moss and Cooley) receivers to throw to.

I have a great deal of faith in the new coaching staffs ability to:

o teach their offense

o to motivate and help players to acheive their potential

o to find ways to get receivers more open then they were last year more consistently

o i have faith that we'll have better pass protection to give the receivers more time to get open and the QB more time to find them

i think our OL has improved and that we'll improve even further after we draft Okungdcb018f8a3f0a2ac

o i think we've made an upgrade at the QB position in McNabb, a pro-bowl WCO veteran and play maker

:wavetowelWOW! what a first post for you! :wavetowel When the QB holds the ball too long or over throws WR's it isn't their fault. McNabb is a better QB at this time than Campbell and Shanahan has a better system than Zorn which makes a big difference in how things are executed. If they can't do anything in Shanahan's system then I will say we need to get some different WR's. So if you have that little faith in the WR's then you have little faith in all of the team.

So did I, until we got McNabb

If you look at McNabb's career he's had different WR's leading in catches and yardage throughout his career. He made guys like Todd Pinkston, Kevin Curtis, and James Thrash important. He can get the ball to his receivers. I believe we will know by the end of the year what these men bring to the team before the end of the year or they will be replaced. Good things are coming :)

Really? Whats your beef with Santana? He's our only deep threat.

He's quit on two many plays and walked his routes a few too many times. He's a good receiver, but mentally he can pulled out of the game. I think that has a lot to do with his drops too. For a guy with such good hands he has an awful lot of drops.

Mcnabb has gotten it done throwing to Todd Pinkston, Chad Lewis, and Freddie Mitchell.

So......it may just be me.....but im a little excited to see what he can do with Tana, Cooley, Davis, Thomas, and Kelly.

I second that. You mean to tell me that McNabb can't through to our WRs but he was good enough to get the ball to Pinkston, Lewis and Mitchell for all those years. TO was the first WR Philly had that actually had some skill. I am pretty sure McNabb will have no problem throwing the ball to Cooley, Davis, Moss, Thomas, Kelly and Portis, LJ & Parker out of the backfield.

If I'm not mistaken Westbrook was his best receiver for a lot of his years in Philly.

So to the OP, give me a break with Thomas and Kelly are no good. Before you jump on that bandwagon, let's see what they can do with a capable QB throwing the ball to them.

Hard for them to make plays when their starting QB last year was either on his back or running for his damn life. :doh:

Archived