Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have little faith in our WR's

Skinsfanatic_1

I really wonder about our fans sometimes. If you look through the titles of the first 15-20 threads, the overwhelming majority is negative about our team. It's pretty disgusting. Nothing wrong with differing opinions, and some skepticism with the way things have been here for years is understood. But come on guys, get behind this team and hope for better instead of expecting worse.

Both of these guys in their 3rd year still have a lot to prove, this is the year WR's tend to break out and show if they were worth their pick or not. I see a lot of promise in Thomas, Kelly I don't know. But with a real QB throwing to them now we should know more.

I don't blame you for feeling that way, but I really think they both can be big time contributors. It's not like they didn't catch the ball when it was thrown to them, especially Kelly. I think there is a direct correlation to the QB and Ol play and that we haven't taken full advantage of their abilities. So as the QB play rises to new heights with McNabb and our oline is a better, than I think both of them contribute significantly.

I really wonder about our fans sometimes. If you look through the titles of the first 15-20 threads, the overwhelming majority is negative about our team. It's pretty disgusting. Nothing wrong with differing opinions, and some skepticism with the way things have been here for years is understood. But come on guys, get behind this team and hope for better instead of expecting worse.

Both of these guys in their 3rd year still have a lot to prove, this is the year WR's tend to break out and show if they were worth their pick or not. I see a lot of promise in Thomas, Kelly I don't know. But with a real QB throwing to them now we should know more.

To be fair, right now negativism and skepticism are understandable.

4-12

There are reasons to be optimistic and hopeful, but plenty of reason and history to be skittish.

I trust Thomas a lot. Hell with what he did to Denver and New Orleans by himself last year showed that to me. Breaking 4+ tackles and turning the catch into big yardage / touchdowns, don't see how you can't have any faith in him.

Kelly has shown to be strong as well, though I would like to see more out of him.

With the exception of Moss, Kelly, Thomas and Cooley are too slow. I expect Shanny to look for some legit speed to throw to.

Thomas has great speed, dude. Kelly's a possession reciever/redzone target. Or that's how he should be utilized. Someone who can make those tough catches over the middle for a first down. I agree that if Mitchell doesn't pan out, once Moss goes we need to bring in a speedster, though. Its just not a need this offseason at all.

If anything, McNabb and the new offense are going to max out the receivers that we have so that we can finally see what we're really working with. As deep as we are talent-wise, I still do not see a legit #1 WR on the roster. A lot of potential, but like many have stated, McNabb has done more with less. If somebody gets open and McNabb can get them the ball, the offense will score points and we'll be fine.

That is, until we run into a team that can do that, too, or take it to another level, ie Saints, Colts. If we're not going to sign TO, fine, lets go ahead and see what we have. We might be pleasently suprised, or get issued a serious reality check. My gut says a couple players are going to step up and force others to get traded or released in the not too distant future...

This is what Malcolm Kelly said, in his interview today, about WR coach Keenan McCardell:

It's funny...not to knock anybody, you know, but ah. It's real funny what the difference can be when you have a guy here teaching you who played in the NFL for 17 years himself, you know, especially for a young guy like me. You know my thing has always been my route running. That's always been, you know, I can go out there run, jump and catch all day. But the route running and the specifics of route running, and just here in these last few days, you know, that's improved leaps and bounds. Just because he knows, you know, how to keep you down staying in the routes and things like that. It's going to be a big deal, man. It's going to be a real big deal.

I expect the WRs to be a lot more productive under Keenan than under Stan Hixon.

It's not just the coaching. It is also the play-calling.

This is from Malcolm Kelly about the new offense:

The way we line up, it really makes it hard for defenses to cover the wide receivers. You look at the Texans film from last year. You know, Andre and all those guys, it was just hard for the defense to get a good jam on them and things like that. Kyle is a real smart offensive mind.

I really wonder about our fans sometimes. If you look through the titles of the first 15-20 threads, the overwhelming majority is negative about our team. It's pretty disgusting.

:ols: I notice that every time I log on. Hopefully some wins come around soon and change things around these parts of the NFL.

I think our WR's are gonna be fine. Not sold on Kelly yet but Moss, DT, Cooley and Davis seem to be viable options at anytime on the field with Mcnabb throwing the rock :point2sky

Devin Thomas? Slow?

Exactly, has he seen him play?? And the best part is, that his first year and a half or so, you could tell he had to think about what he was doing too much, and it slowed him down. Now we should really see that speed even more.

Remember that guy from Minny, had an amazing 46 catches combined in his first 2 seasons....then busted out with a great year of 83 catches for 1300 yds and 8 td? Sidney Rice is his name.

I'm not saying our young WRs are Rice but I think they will also grow leaps and bounds in their 3rd year.

It also helps to have a QB that should be able to get them the football.

I am excited about Marco Mitchell. I truely believe he will be a threat this season as will the other young guys. The difference will be the coaching by McCardell!!

And the scheme of the Shanahans and the QB-ing of McNabb! :point2sky

If you actaully watch the games again, you will notice how many times Thomas and Kelly were the 3rd or 4th looks by Campbell (Behind Moss/Cooley/Davis/RB). You can't produce if the ball isn't thrown to you!

Oh wait... Campbell had time to glance at more than one reciever per play?

Archived