Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex or Colt Starter???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I pray hope that Colt starts.

That being said, I don't think Campbell will be here in D.C. after the draft.

I voted Colt..obviously:D that said he WILL get a chance to compete and make an impression on Shanahan,Kyle and Matt. Being 100% healthy for the first time in awhile. I expect him to go out there and prove what he has time and time again and that is Colt Brennan is a winner.

I agree with the bolded about Campbell something tells me that he will be moving on elsewhere.

I expect him to go out there and prove what he has time and time again and that is Colt Brennan is a winner.

Before Colt got injured in the last preseason game of the past season, he proved nothing at all during the preseason...other than he had done nothing but taken steps backward.

Do all the Colt supporters forget how horrible he was last preseason, or is everyone still just holding onto his rookie preseason campaign and the fact that he broke records by Timmy Chang in college. Hawaii churned out qb's with massive stats because of the system June Jones had in place much like Mike Leach while he was at TX Tech, where are any of these qb's now? Can anybody think of even one other that is at least a 2nd string qb on another NFL team right now?

Delusion: (n.) a sports fanatic's best friend

I voted Colt, mainly to see what he can do in a game.

Rex is Rex, some pretty good and some really bad. Colt is ???

Nobody on this board knows for sure how he would do. He could be like Kurt Warner coming out of nowhere or like any number of useless QB's that find themselves out of the league.

I for one am sick and tired of watching dinking dunky QB play. Between Brunnell and Campbell its been brutal these last years. TC was a bright flash, but it didn't last.

So the chance to watch somebody, anybody with a hope and prayer of playing the position well would be worth it to me.

Before Colt got injured in the last preseason game of the past season, he proved nothing at all during the preseason...other than he had done nothing but taken steps backward.

Do all the Colt supporters forget how horrible he was last preseason, or is everyone still just holding onto his rookie preseason campaign and the fact that he broke records by Timmy Chang in college. Hawaii churned out qb's with massive stats because of the system June Jones had in place much like Mike Leach while he was at TX Tech, where are any of these qb's now? Can anybody think of even one other that is at least a 2nd string qb on another NFL team right now?

Until he plays with 1st stringers he is still an unknown. Let's not ride him off in the sunset without finding out what he can really do.

If the 'Skins draft a QB, any QB, CB will have to beat out Grossman and whoever is drafted for a spot on the roster.

I'm still not convinced that Grossman will make the team. They signed him, sure, but for virtually nothing. There is nothing committed to him. So CB could beat out Grossman for a job.

One thing that I think we can all agree on is that there is no ownership agenda here. The best players are going to be on the team, and the best players are going to play. I hope CB gets a shot to compete for a job.

I actually highly doubt that he's going to make the team, but good luck to him.

Colt Brennan; barring a miracle; it appears as if your time is short.

Unfortunately, we hardly knew ye'.

As a Redskin, I wish you luck on your endeavor to make the roster.

If not, oh well. Just another in a long line of "oh wells"; no loss.

Earn your spot, and you'll be embraced. If not, see ya.

If the 'Skins draft a QB, any QB, CB will have to beat out Grossman and whoever is drafted for a spot on the roster.

I'm still not convinced that Grossman will make the team. They signed him, sure, but for virtually nothing. There is nothing committed to him. So CB could beat out Grossman for a job.

One thing that I think we can all agree on is that there is no ownership agenda here. The best players are going to be on the team, and the best players are going to play. I hope CB gets a shot to compete for a job.

I actually highly doubt that he's going to make the team, but good luck to him.

Agree, he should know that this season is his to prove what he has. If he doesn't take advantage of that, then it's his fault. I been on the Colt Brennan bandwagon since he was drafted. And to be honest when we picked him in the 6th round, i was ecstatic as if it was the 1st round pick.

Mind you, the only way he'll get a chance to even start is if we go OLine or DT or any other position other than QB with our number 4, because if Clausen or Bradford is the pick, then so long Brennan.

Unlike YOU I'm not judging his ENTIRE BODY of work solely on the disappointment of one pre season. By enitre body of work I mean college and pro. 2008 he came in and had a pre season for the record books most of the time he looked like the Colt I know and love. Then he had his moments were you could see he was a rookie. That's to be expected he is human after all. He has to go through ups and downs in order to gain PRO experince.

Colt Brennan breaking those records had very little to do with June Jones' system and alot to do with the fact that Colt has amazing accuracy. You can dislike him, or not care one way or the other but DO NOT discredit his talent.

epic-fail-purple-demotivational-poster-1232615141.jpg

Let me tell you guys my story on being a Colt fan. When he 1st came to Hawaii, it was between him and another QB named Graunke. They both took turns to see who would win the starting role. My early impression was that Graunke was a better QB and that I didn't care for the way Colt threw the ball. Well JJ being a better evaluator than I was, gave the start to Colt. After a few games, you could tell this guy Colt was a winner and a leader and eventually he won the whole state over. Besides being accurate, he is a passionate leader who has what it takes to rally his teammates. That is a rare quality I see in most QBs. If he ever starts a few games here, he's going to win over alot of doubters who used to see him like I did.

Let me tell you guys my story on being a Colt fan. When he 1st came to Hawaii, it was between him and another QB named Graunke. They both took turns to see who would win the starting role. My early impression was that Graunke was a better QB and that I didn't care for the way Colt threw the ball. Well JJ being a better evaluator than I was, gave the start to Colt. After a few games, you could tell this guy Colt was a winner and a leader and eventually he won the whole state over. Besides being accurate, he is a passionate leader who has what it takes to rally his teammates. That is a rare quality I see in most QBs. If he ever starts a few games here, he's going to win over alot of doubters who used to see him like I did.

I can definitely see why you're a fan of Colt. He really took your favorite NCAA team and put them on the map, and he was an outstanding player.

That being said, just being a very good leader and having passion for the game does not make a QB great. If that were true, Tim Tebow should be the hands-down number 1 overall pick.

Fact is, Colt has way too many questions about his game that need to be answered and he also has to overcome a horrible showing in the last preseason. I stand by what I thought after seeing him play in college BEFORE he became a Redskin: I just don't think he can do it. And that isn't a bad thing. There's only 32 starting NFL QBs and hundreds of college stars at QB don't make it in the NFL.

I can definitely see why you're a fan of Colt. He really took your favorite NCAA team and put them on the map, and he was an outstanding player.

That being said, just being a very good leader and having passion for the game does not make a QB great. If that were true, Tim Tebow should be the hands-down number 1 overall pick.

Fact is, Colt has way too many questions about his game that need to be answered and he also has to overcome a horrible showing in the last preseason. I stand by what I thought after seeing him play in college BEFORE he became a Redskin: I just don't think he can do it. And that isn't a bad thing. There's only 32 starting NFL QBs and hundreds of college stars at QB don't make it in the NFL.

Alot of questions? Yes that is true. But a I wouldn't call last preseason as "horrible". He threw some ugly picks but he moved the ball. Lets see what he does this preseason IF he's still around.

Colt Brennan can lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl Victory. It doesn't matter what he did in college. What matters now is what he does now. Kick ass, Colt.

The only argument you have is his college stats. Do not say they don't matter. If they don't, then Colt has NO reason to be on this team.

I suppose I would put Colt in. Unleashing the Dragon is very dangerous.

Especially on an unsuspecting crowd if it is mid-game. A crowd needs to prepare for the Dragonosaurus Rex so I would give them at least a weeks notice so no permanent damage is done once the football starts flying all over.

The guy who drafted CB5 and is a QUARTERBACKS coach didn't even have enough confidence to keep him on the roster last year. Our new SB winning coach who I'm sure has watched practice/game footage have him had so much faith in him that he found it a good idea to sign REX GROSSMAN. What are these professional talent evaluators/teachers of the game not seeing? Are they blind?

At this point, I pretty much can't wait until Brennan is off the team moreso than Campbell. Just so the Cult of Colt madness can finally come to an end here and move on to some CFL board.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The Cult is actually a fun group to be around and the madness will continue until he's let go....although I have a gut feeling that many in the Cult will go rogue and will be on ES for a long time.

Until Colt is off the team, he's a Skin so show some aloha. If Colt gets cut, so be it. I have more faith in Shanny, he will lead us to the SB. Thankgoodness Shanny is not obligated to any player...All we ask is that Colt gets a shot. If he doesn't step up, he needs to pack his bags.

While I don't mind JC, I just can't fully support a QB who couldn't lead our team to victory over the NFC East jabronies this year. Unacceptable. If Shanny dubs JC/Grossman/QB draftee as the starter they will have my support.

Archived