Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex or Colt Starter???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Maybe he's not great on the practice field, but he's great on the football field, unlike JC who leaves it all on the practice field.

I saw his pre-season performace last year and I did not see anything that resembles greatness. He was miserable. I guess it is a mute point now since it looks like he will not be a Redskins this year. The writings on the wall with the signing of Grossman.

Maybe he's not great on the practice field, but he's great on the football field, unlike JC who leaves it all on the practice field.

That sentence makes zero sense. You cb5 backers fail to realize when he lit it up in the 08 preseason he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He got his chance to play against 1st and 2nd teamers last preseason and it was a disaster.

Brennan was the 10th qb taken in his draft class. The nfl scouts said despsite he great collegiate career he did not have the skill or mechanics to be an nfl qb. Zorn was a terrible hc but he knows qbs and he pretty much agreed with the scouts original take on brennan.

I just hope the cb5 backers refrain from throwing themselves off bridges when he gets cut in August.

That sentence makes zero sense. You cb5 backers fail to realize when he lit it up in the 08 preseason he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He got his chance to play against 1st and 2nd teamers last preseason and it was a disaster.

Sorry, but during preseason, Jason and Todd looked bad as well. Their time was limited so they wouldn't get killed like Colt did. If you noticed, they didn't even put Chase in against teams that were pouring through the O-line like a sieve.

Sorry, but during preseason, Jason and Todd looked bad as well. Their time was limited so they wouldn't get killed like Colt did. If you noticed, they didn't even put Chase in against teams that were pouring through the O-line like a sieve.

I think most would agree when an O-line has no depth, your 3rd and 4th string leave a little to be desired.:D

i can't believe this is a thread. for multiple reasons. 1. knowing that rex grossman is a washington redskin makes me want to jump off a cliff. 2. knowing that rex would unquestionably start over colt brennan

:ols:

i can't believe this is a thread. for multiple reasons. 1. knowing that rex grossman is a washington redskin makes me want to jump off a cliff. 2. knowing that rex would unquestionably start over colt brennan

Hope it's a short one (Cliff that is) if you do #1. If you do, #2 won't matter.

Let's wait until the season starts before wanting to self-inflict bodily harm. ;)

Exactly right. Mcdaniel had beat out Brennan for the 3rd spot, which would have put brennan in the 4th spot, practice squad, or the bread lines.

Since Mcdaniel had the 3rd spot and was evenutally cut there is no chance Colt would have have made the final 53 last year if wasnt injured.

I seriously doubt he makes it this year...he will be 27 midway through training camp and has yet to play in a regular season game.

I'm gonna defer to this guy. I can tell he knows what he's talking about because not only did he get Chase's last name wrong, but he also forgot to realize that Chase was running the same simplified version of the offense that Brennan looked so great running the previous year.

You want an objective look? In their respective rookie preseasons, both Chase and Colt ran Zorn's simplified offense. Colt ran it better, and was ranked as one of, if not the, highest QB's of the preseason. Do you remember anyone outside of Redskins fans talking about how "amazing" Chase looked after last year?

Then the team chose to keep him OVER Chase, even though he was injured, because they felt he has more potential and upside. THAT's the facts, It doesn't matter what ALMOST happened.

I can't wait until mini camps give me some fresh gameplay to use against all the haters. I'm getting tired of correcting all the same old, untrue arguments against him.

I'm gonna defer to this guy. I can tell he knows what he's talking about because not only did he get Chase's last name wrong, but he also forgot to realize that Chase was running the same simplified version of the offense that Brennan looked so great running the previous year.

You want an objective look? In their respective rookie preseasons, both Chase and Colt ran Zorn's simplified offense. Colt ran it better, and was ranked as one of, if not the, highest QB's of the preseason. Do you remember anyone outside of Redskins fans talking about how "amazing" Chase looked after last year?

Then the team chose to keep him OVER Chase, even though he was injured, because they felt he has more potential and upside. THAT's the facts, It doesn't matter what ALMOST happened.

I can't wait until mini camps give me some fresh gameplay to use against all the haters. I'm getting tired of correcting all the same old, untrue arguments against him.

#3 of QB's of Pre-Season '08, QB RTG of 110.00 ( that sucks)! Before JZ worked his magic! Wonder what he'll do with a real Coach? Hmm? I think he'll light it up!

I like CB5. I'd really like to see what he can do against a first string D. However, knowing Shanny, I expect him to draft his own project QB, like Zorn did with CB5, in the later rounds. Thus making CB5 the odd man out.

so I guess Colt is the last thing remaining from the Zorn days. Well meaning he was meant to be Zorn's project and now that Zorn is gone the project is up in the air to other continue or throw away.

I just hope the cb5 backers refrain from throwing themselves off bridges when he gets cut in August.

Don't worry about the Hawaii CB backers. When they throw themselves off the bridges, they're going to be landing in some of the most beautiful waters in the world.

If Colt is cut, so be it. The Hawaii Skins fans will still be living in paradise.

qb. Zorn was a terrible hc but he knows qbs

Why is that assumed? What other QB is on Zorn's resume than Hasselbeck who likely benefited more from the person above Zorn than anything else. His time with Campbell was a dismal failure. Zorn comes up with cute kids' games to play in training camp so he's some kind of QB guru. And he was an average QB himself.

So does that mean there was an open competition and JC won the job legit?

Or has he already been handing the reigns?

I kinda read the OP as "Who starts the first game PERIOD?". LOL.

Where you have to throw a replacement in, why not roll the dice on Colt? You can always bring Grossman in later if Colt stinks it up.

I kinda read the OP as "Who starts the first game PERIOD?". LOL.

Where you have to throw a replacement in, why not roll the dice on Colt? You can always bring Grossman in later if Colt stinks it up.

The poll stated if JC is hurt... who goes in?

I just want an open fair competition. Best man gets the gig. No stating who the starter is before the season starts, especially for anyone who hasn't proved they can be a winner.

I am all for any of the three to be the starter. I really don't care. I just want the best guy behind center. JC, Colt, or Rex (Grossman? Did I just say that?).

The poll stated if JC is hurt... who goes in?

I just want an open fair competition. Best man gets the gig. No stating who the starter is before the season starts, especially for anyone who hasn't proved they can be a winner.

I am all for any of the three to be the starter. I really don't care. I just want the best guy behind center. JC, Colt, or Rex (Grossman? Did I just say that?).

Personally if it was to start the season, Grossman probably has the most upside.

But given a scenario where Candle got the starting job, and the other two didn't do much but one of them had to go in, I'd want to see how Colt did in an actual game.

Archived