Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Believe in Clinton Portis for 2010??

COWBOY-KILLA-

Do the Redskins Trade up to #1 for Bradford if he has a great ProDay  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Redskins Trade up to #1 for Bradford if he has a great ProDay

• Yes- it will cost us- but we will
    • No- We will settle for Clausen or Okung at 4

I think we have to believe in him this season. We will address the Oline and QB positions this year and RB position next year. We are way too old in that position. CP may wow us and come back in great shape but I doubt it. Plus, one ill placed knee to the helmet could force a retirement.

I whole-heartedly agree with you in regards to the Oline; it was a disaster in both the run and pass game.

That being said, a RB's service life is tantamount to "dog years"; i.e. they age quickly.

Clinton's legs and attitude have gotten old; and he's more than likely one concussion away from forced retirement.

He's part of the losing culture; rescued by his bloated contract.

I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.

Until then, we have the worst RB situation in the NFC East.

I agree with all your points except maybe the last one, and I'm just a tad iffy on that. Which tandem is best:

Portis, LJ, Alridge

Jacobs, Bradshaw, Ware

LeSean McCoy and whoever else is the Eagles #2 and #3

Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Choice

We definitely have the oldest set of backs, and we need fresh legs like the rest of the division. Portis definitely hasn't shown enough in the past couple of years, but there right now, there is hope for our running game.

I whole-heartedly agree with you in regards to the Oline; it was a disaster in both the run and pass game.

That being said, a RB's service life is tantamount to "dog years"; i.e. they age quickly.

Clinton's legs and attitude have gotten old; and he's more than likely one concussion away from forced retirement.

He's part of the losing culture; rescued by his bloated contract.

I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.

Until then, we have the worst RB situation in the NFC East.

Well hopefully Portis ages in small dog years and not big dog years! I agree last year was a bad one for him both in attitude and in performance but the game is preticated on the foundation and funtion of offensive line play. Take that away and everything else is failure. So there is no evidence realisticly to believe Portis is done givin that his past success(baring injury) coincided with an elite albeit intact line. The same argument can be said of JC except he actually put up career numbers in that scenario however weve all been down that long dirty road before about that and frankly its played out.

CP is one concussion away from being done remember that...I think the fact that L. Johnson's contract was for 3 years tells us the FO is aware of the mortality of CP...I think this is his last year in Washington....also think that we could have signed Thomas Jones he accpepted less years and money to sign with KC...2yrs 5 million...why didn't we offer the 3 yrs and 12 milllion to Jones instead of LJ? Just a question.

Jones is 2 years older than Johnson.

Johnson's 12 mil for 3 years is filled with incentives.

If he doesn't reach any of them his deal is 3.5 million for the 3 years.

Wow, as much as people want to hate on CP and as much as he deserves much of the criticism, I think deep down inside he's got a bunch fans that are really rooting for him to get back to being a force for the team...

Nice to see, I too am hoping he puts it back together....

I believe portis feels the heat on his backside to come to camp ready to go. Portis knows he will be expected to perform at a high level or he won't be in DC. He alluded to this when he mentioned what Shanny expects.

I'd be shocked if CP doesn't shed about 15-20 lbs and isn't fired up to have a good season with the new regime.

Let's face it Portis wasnt picking up what zorn and company were selling and I think that'll change now that actual football men are running the show.

waaaa waaa waaa, all these crybabies, Clinton has never had an average season when he's played the whole year and i expect nothing less than 1200 yards, touchdowns will be a problem though, that will go to Larry

Personally, I think Portis' big hump to get over is staying in one piece for 16 games. Hard to do with his constant workload. When he has to carry the load on his back, he falls more susceptible to acquiring those injuries we're so accustomed to. This is where I think LJ comes into play. With these two switching off carries(if that is what the case may be), I ultimately think they will be better for each other. Portis gets rest, LJ has a chance to prove he still has it.

My prediction: Portis, 1150 yards 6 TD's. LJ, 750 yards 4-6 TD's.

Uh oh. Looks like Clinton is not holding up his end of the deal in Florida. Someone just sent me this photo of him. It looks like he is not training all that hard at all. In fact, he looks eerily similar to how he looked at the beginning of the 2009 training camp.

famous-cartoon-character-fat-albert.jpg

Honestly, if he loses weight this offseason and works on some speed/agility drills, he can be one of the fastest players on the team. From 2002-2005 he could win most foot races in the NFL. Even in 2006, he had a bunch of breakaway plays but he was slowed up by his shoulder. It's 3 seasons removed, but with the right conditioning he can get it back.

How I feel about Portis' production next year will depend on how the offensive line is put together. Right now, he could probably eek out 1000 yards if he can manage to stay healthy and grind it out. But considering the line is a work in progress it's hard to feel confident that he'll be able to stay healthy.

Uh oh. Looks like Clinton is not holding up his end of the deal in Florida. Someone just sent me this photo of him. It looks like he is not training all that hard at all. In fact, he looks eerily similar to how he looked at the beginning of the 2009 training camp.

[Pic of Fat Al]

Damnit, that's really bad news man.

Wait a second... that's Albert Haynesworth you sly dog you! Almost fooled me! :geek:

Based on the criteria presented, if healthy Clinton will have a "return to glory" season. Despite playing behind the worst Redskins oline since 1998, Clinton still averaged nearly 4 yards a carry and was on pace for over 1000 yards before the concussion ended his season. No reason not to expect a 1200 yard season out of Clinton if the concussion problem does not return.

Archived