Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Is Bradford still in play for Redskins?

JimmiJo

I understand there are some good tackles in the draft, but I am no college talent expert. I have heard that somebody like Okung is expected to go early. And all indications are he is a stud. If the Rams go Bradford, we expect Detroit and Tampa Bay to take the two defensive tackles, McCoy and Suh. This would leave Okung for the Redskins. Hard to imagine they would pass on him, especially since they did not land Clifton.

The Lions just aquired a defensive tackle. They could very well draft Okung with the #2 pick. If the Rams take Bradford, that would likely be the two best options for the Redskins off the board before they get a chance to pick.

You've been visiting this site for 5 years; but will be banned in 5 minutes at this rate.

What a record!

i havent done anything worth being banned, as i said before if you aren't gonna make football replies towards me, don't address me at all thanks.

Can someone give a non biased argument as to why clausen looks more like a bust than Bradford? I have talked to a couple of scouts and neither really sell me on one over the other. To me it just seems like one is hyped over the other. I really really want an upgrade at QB but just seems obvious to me we have to go LT. To the poster regarding Pashos as a stop gap LT, pretty sure he plays on the right side of the line.

I have heard speculation that the Rams are going to attempt to get Bradford. The speculation that I heard on Fox Sports Radio this morning was that because the Rams signed Fred Robbins at DT, they will not be going after Suh or McCoy, but to get Bradford. I am actually happy about this because Bradford is a 50/50 proposition anyway. His shoulder is too suspect and I don't think that he has the durability to play a full season.

While he may have played against some good teams in the Big 12, when he played FLA in the National Championship game, he didn't look good at all.

Shanahan is on record as saying the first thing he looks for in a QB is accuracy.

And that ain't good for JC.

Sure, JC has a high completion percentage but that's a product of screen passes and check downs. He rarely hits anyone in stride on a pass over ten yards.

Rookie QBs are a crapshoot. I like Bradford and Clausen a lot more than I liked Stafford and especially Sanchez this time last year and they both turned out to be pretty damn good.

So who the heck knows?

But I'm positive Shanny will draft a QB this year -- it's just a matter of when.

Can someone give a non biased argument as to why clausen looks more like a bust than Bradford? I have talked to a couple of scouts and neither really sell me on one over the other. To me it just seems like one is hyped over the other. I really really want an upgrade at QB but just seems obvious to me we have to go LT. To the poster regarding Pashos as a stop gap LT, pretty sure he plays on the right side of the line.

no they can't, they are just brainwashed by what they watch on tv and hear on the radio or read in papers. i've watched Bradford and he's not really that good. he played behind a great o-line with weapons out the wazoo, who wouldn't prevail in a system like that. not to mention that the big 12 is one of the worst conferences in college football as far as defense went outside of Nebraska and the kid was soft. i have no belief in Bradford, thought he was overrated 2 yrs ago and i still do.

I can't believe I'm saying this but..Ok I'm waiting for the Gator's pro day...reason being Shanny has admitted he likes and spent time with Urban Myer the FLA coach during his time away frim pro ball...if Tebow throws well I wouldn't be surprised if we go Okung at 4 and Tim Tebow in the 2nd at 37..Shanny will have the inside info on Tebow and .he is big name guy too that would make Snyder happy.

no they can't, they are just brainwashed by what they watch on tv and hear on the radio or read in papers. i've watched Bradford and he's not really that good. he played behind a great o-line with weapons out the wazoo, who wouldn't prevail in a system like that. not to mention that the big 12 is one of the worst conferences in college football as far as defense went outside of Nebraska and the kid was soft. i have no belief in Bradford, thought he was overrated 2 yrs ago and i still do.

So who should we draft then?

To me this year is too much like 1994.

Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer. Sam Bradford vs. Jimmy Clausen.

Didn't sound like a John Elway vs. Dan Marino choice in 1994 and doesn't this year either.

The safest course at the most critical position is to STAY AWAY from drafting a guy at the top of the board IF there are any real questions about him.

And there are questions about both of them.

To me this year is too much like 1994.

Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer. Sam Bradford vs. Jimmy Clausen.

Didn't sound like a John Elway vs. Dan Marino choice in 1994 and doesn't this year either.

The safest course at the most critical position is to STAY AWAY from drafting a guy at the top of the board IF there are any real questions about him.

There are questions about every player in the draft.

If you're too scared to pull the trigger when you think you have your guy, you shouldn't be a GM in the NFL. Not being mean, but that kind of mentality should stick to Pee Wee league.

i hope not because he will be a bust... cut, copy, past and bookmark this statement. the only thing anyone has to say positive about him is that he has a big arm.... so did JeMarcus Russell and look at him

Bradford is nothing like Russel, he's got insane accuracy, and seems to be a student of the game. However, this is all moot if St Louis takes him #1 as others have already said. Bradford is a no question #4 pick worth player, but Clausen? I"m not sure about, so things could be interesting for the redskins this year... stay tuned.

Respect your opinion bulldog, but there are always going to be questions. I think we have a mediocre person playing in the most crucial of positions. This needs to change. IMO Sam is going to have a great Pro Day and secure his position as the #1 ranked QB. He has added quality size to his frame and is throwing 100+ passes I believe five days a week or close to it. I hope we do have a shot at him.

i havent done anything worth being banned, as i said before if you aren't gonna make football replies towards me, don't address me at all thanks.

While I'm not one to defend McD5's opinions, I'll defend my fellow ES Redskins fans against personal attacks. I'm fairly sure that making personal attacks against another Skins fan is against the rules (Cowboys fans and fans of other teams are fair game). So when PCS says watch out, you should probably do a little back tracking or give further explanation to "you're all idiots", in the least.

The fine print of Rule #5 "You will rarely go wrong by going after the views of the poster more than the poster's character or personality as you see it."

I'm fairly sure that labeling an entire group of fans with "You Bradford fans are idiots" is probably the wrong way to go about the argument. Pointing out that Betts is no longer on the team and so McD5's opinions are questionable, that's a better route.

I'm just trying to give you a friendly suggestion before you disappear. One Mod might think it's okay, one might think you're making personal attacks. Point is, it only takes one to kick you out, and, as the rules say, "do as you choose and so will the moderators."

As for the discussion, I'm not a Bradford backer or hater. I just hope whoever we roll the dice on scores big.

Respect your opinion bulldog, but there are always going to be questions. I think we have a mediocre person playing in the most crucial of positions. This needs to change. IMO Sam is going to have a great Pro Day and secure his position as the #1 ranked QB. He has added quality size to his frame and is throwing 100+ passes I believe five days a week or close to it. I hope we do have a shot at him.

I was surprised to see him listed at about 6'4, 225. He looked a lot smaller out there playing.

I think he'd look good in a Skins jersey, but I have a feeling the Rams are gonna grab him.

I was surprised to see him listed at about 6'4, 225. He looked a lot smaller out there playing.

I think he'd look good in a Skins jersey, but I have a feeling the Rams are gonna grab him.

He's actually bulked up more than that. I think he was in the 230-236lb range at the combine. But I agree that if he checks out medically, the Rams will take him #1.

I don't see Clausen as having any "questions". The only real knock I've heard on him, "attitude/leadership," is unfounded. Neither his teammates, his coaches, nor opponent players have verified any of those claims -- so why would we think it's a warranted tag?

But regardless, I'm not too concerned. Shanahan has a proven record of working with QBs and having success. He has a good system, is a smart coach, prepares his players, and will get the most out of the guy we acquire, whoever that might be. He just needs to figure out which guy has the better smarts and accuracy and gunslinger attitude. And then we have a team worth watching again.

ive been visiting this site for 5 years, im just using a new screen name but i've been around long enuff to know that you are one of the neighborhood idiots. hows your idol Laddell Betts looking? no reply needed

Saying Bradford = Russell shows that YOU have no idea what you are talking about. If anything people say that Bradford doesnt have the biggest arm, but he is extremely accurate. Now stop spewing your unfounded nonsense and come back when you have some valid points.

Nicely said Jflow. Something that can be said to other PRESENT members of the site as well. :)

As for Bradford. Tough to say. I'm not convinced that the Redskins were sure he'd be there at #4 in the first place. However,this all of this does make the upcoming draft more than a little interesting.

Archived