Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Is Bradford still in play for Redskins?

JimmiJo

4 TDs in the 4th quarter in games that were mostly close. Some of the worst clutch QB stats EVER in the modern era. An

Also, I don't see how he produced against better pass defenses. 3 TDs against New Orleans, 4 TDs against 18th (iirc) ranked Philly in 2 games, 2 TDs against the Charger backups.

To me, Jason Campbell is the Antwan Jamison of the NFL - puts up good, but ultimately empty stats, and cannot win under any circumstances, good or bad, yet is good enough to prevent a team from seeking other options at the position.

grego

And there is where the problem lies' date=' to have a belief that 6 and 7 minute drives are not indicative of a defense doing exactly what I have a stated, allowing JC to dink and dunk his way downfield, while allowing him to burn clock, that is exactly the kind of thing that makes me think the CDT really doesn't know football in general. Defenses that sit back do not give up big plays, they give up long time consuming drives which work out for a victory for them, and a stat padding drive for JC, JC is down by 3 TD's, and only managed to get us 1 field goal in the 1st half, and yet he is able to put together 2 scoring drives in the 2nd half. Now how many games did JC go into the 2nd half down by less than 2 scores and put up those kind of numbers, and make a legitimate comeback attempt? We know it's not more than 4.

He was able to make something happen in the 2nd Giant game after being blown out in the 1st half, as if the Giants didn't have that game in lock down after the 1st quarter, and as bad as his 1st half was we saw Collins come in and immediately move the ball right down the field, only to make a perfect throw to Davis for a TD to have the Giants make a nice defensive play and rip the ball away from Davis, 2nd half all Garbage time. Not to mention JC's big time pass to the Giants defense for a TD, I understand those things happen but how ridiculous does it have to get?

Yes I can easily agree with you that all QB's experience some stat padding drives no doubt, but the problem is, that is all JC has to hang his hat on, where are his meaningful drives, TD's, clutch throws? They really don't exist.

Sorry but I want to win, and maybe just possibly would like to watch a Skins game and get slightly excited over the prospect that we have a QB who just may be able to move the ball when we need him to, and not be put to sleep by what is nothing less than another JC bore-fest, I am tired of being able to call out the out come of a 4th quarter before it happens, only to watch JC prove me right over and over!

If you really want to size up your belief in JC, take your talking points to other boards around the NFL and see the kind of positive responses you receive? Be prepared though the CDT does not venture outside of Redskin-land.[/quote']

crap- i spent 2 hours responding to your post, with a baby cying and the aky falling all around me here, and it got lost when i hit submit.

anyway, i am not convinced that JC is the answer. i kind of hope we draft bradford. and i agree with you that the second half of the giants game, and production was garbage time cuz it was a mess. but i also think that JC stats arent a result of stat padding any more than any other QB.

now i'm hitting submit before i lose it again!!!!!

From Bruce Feldman tweet (LINK):

RT @edgarthompson Gators QB Tim Tebow scored a 22 on his Wonderlic, Jimmy Clausen 23, Colt McCoy 25 and Sam Bradford 36 per NFL source.

I'm not going to look it up, but I've seen posted on this board that some think Bradford is questionable when it comes to intelligence. We aren't going to have to worry about it, though. He's gone at #1 unless something goes horribly wrong at his pro-day.

From Bruce Feldman tweet (LINK):

I'm not going to look it up, but I've seen posted on this board that some think Bradford is questionable when it comes to intelligence. We aren't going to have to worry about it, though. He's gone at #1 unless something goes horribly wrong at his pro-day.

Yeah that is why he scored a 36 on the Wonderlic. You call that questionable intelligence?

:doh:

Wonderlic scores for '10 QB draft class (per Chris Russell of 106.7):

Bradford 36/50

McCoy 25

Clausen 23

Tebow 22

For reference, JC17 took it twice: scored 14 the first time, then 28 on the second try.

I think if Bradford's shoulder holds up, he's as good as gone to the Rams.

Never say never...think Rivers & Manning switch

Why would that happen? Do you really think the Rams vs. Redskins decision is analogous to that with NYG and SD when that trade was made?

Highly unusual a top pick is salty enough to demand a trade from the Rams to the Skins, considering how ****ty our team has been, on balance, over the last 10+ years.

Wonderlic scores for '10 QB draft class (per Chris Russell of 106.7):

Bradford 36/50

McCoy 25

Clausen 23

Tebow 22

For reference, JC17 took it twice: scored 14 the first time, then 28 on the second try.

I think if Bradford's shoulder holds up, he's as good as gone to the Rams.

JC must have had the answers on his arm the second time.

Why would that happen? Do you really think the Rams vs. Redskins decision is analogous to that with NYG and SD when that trade was made?

Highly unusual a top pick is salty enough to demand a trade from the Rams to the Skins, considering how ****ty our team has been, on balance, over the last 10+ years.

Never say never but I doubt Bradford refuses to play for the Rams.

crap- i spent 2 hours responding to your post, with a baby cying and the aky falling all around me here, and it got lost when i hit submit.

anyway, i am not convinced that JC is the answer. i kind of hope we draft bradford. and i agree with you that the second half of the giants game, and production was garbage time cuz it was a mess. but i also think that JC stats arent a result of stat padding any more than any other QB.

now i'm hitting submit before i lose it again!!!!!

LOL! Been there, done that!

i dont agree Berry either unless he's gonna be moved to corner. we have no need for another saftey, it will just be a waste of a pick and good money. for now we have Landry at FS and Horton/Doughty at SS. i don't understand how so many people wanna throw Landry under the bus so quickly after 1 bad season. its not his fault that the cbs coach and the defense coordinator were complete morons and didn't run a system that the players fully understood. i say with the right discipline and coaching Landry is a pro bowl FS. anyone who debates me on this probably would not have before last year.

I agree with your notion about Landry getting the "you're fired" criticism, but truth be told Strong Safety is his natural position. He can blitz with the best of them and eats Quarterback drumsticks for breakfast.

I love Sam Bradford. I can't wait to see how he's healed on his pro day, and I hope he's proven enough for the slot, and that the Redskins at least have the OPTION of drafting him with their pick. I will be disapointed if he's not there. At least if he's there I can be happy knowing we had the choice and be comfortable with what ever choice Bruce Allen and Mike Shannahan make... after all Mike Shannahan knows Quarterbacks.

I agree with your notion about Landry getting the "you're fired" criticism, but truth be told Strong Safety is his natural position. He can blitz with the best of them and eats Quarterback drumsticks for breakfast.

It's his natural position, yet he's barely played it in his entire football (not nfl) career.

Archived