Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Is Bradford still in play for Redskins?

JimmiJo

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=3228

Is Bradford still in play for Redskins?

Will not signing left tackle Chad Clifton derail the Washington Redskins plans to take quarterback Sam Bradford with the fourth pick on April 22?

Clifton opted to remain with Green Bay after using Washington for leverage and sweeten the Packers offer by nearly $2 million annually. It was a tough loss for the Redskins, who desperately need to replace retired Chris Samuels. Clifton wasn’t a Pro Bowler, but he was the only respectable unrestricted free agent tackle on the limited market.

So what’s Plan B?

Click the link above to read the rest of the article...

even if Clifton was signed, he is an aging oft-injured OT, and would've been a stop gap at best.... plus a need of a RT....

Drafting a LT would still have been a huge need.

using the same line of thinking, since we tendered Campbell, ad have CB5 on the roster, then no need to draft a QB at #4

Honest question:

Is it possible to trade the 4th overall pick for a stud LT? If so, who do you think could be had?

I understand there are some good tackles in the draft, but I am no college talent expert. I have heard that somebody like Okung is expected to go early. And all indications are he is a stud. If the Rams go Bradford, we expect Detroit and Tampa Bay to take the two defensive tackles, McCoy and Suh. This would leave Okung for the Redskins. Hard to imagine they would pass on him, especially since they did not land Clifton.

i dont agree Berry either unless he's gonna be moved to corner. we have no need for another saftey, it will just be a waste of a pick and good money. for now we have Landry at FS and Horton/Doughty at SS. i don't understand how so many people wanna throw Landry under the bus so quickly after 1 bad season. its not his fault that the cbs coach and the defense coordinator were complete morons and didn't run a system that the players fully understood. i say with the right discipline and coaching Landry is a pro bowl FS. anyone who debates me on this probably would not have before last year.

i hope not because he will be a bust... cut, copy, past and bookmark this statement. the only thing anyone has to say positive about him is that he has a big arm.... so did JeMarcus Russell and look at him

Have you seen him play? I wouldn't say he has a "big arm", and definitely not the likes of Jamarcus Russell.

Bradford has crazy accuracy. THAT is what everyone says about him.

Bradford is going #1 after the moves St Louis mad these last couple of days. This article should be labeled Clausen and not Bradford :)

I have heard indirectly that they don't love Clausen. Not certain, but that is the rumblings I have heard.

i hope not because he will be a bust... cut, copy, past and bookmark this statement. the only thing anyone has to say positive about him is that he has a big arm.... so did JeMarcus Russell and look at him

Congratulations!!!

It only took you a few posts to immediately qualify for the "Stupidest Things You Have Ever Heard A Fan Say" thread.

It might be a record!

I think Bradford will now go to St. Louis after the signing of AJ Feeley. Also, I think Tony Pashos, if signed is a stop gap at LT. So I believe the team will go LT for the 4th or possibly trade down if Okung is taken by the Lions @ 2.

Also, the Lions signed and traded for two DT's this weekend. Vanden Bosch via FA and Corey Williams via trade. So that could make our pick very very interesting.

you bradford fans are morons. you cant even explain why he's supposedly better than Clausen and im not supporting the idea of picking Clausen either. i just want someone to break down why Bradford is worthy of being the 1st qb taken? crazy skins fans act like drafting him and bringing him in will make us better. he's been injured twice on slightly hard hits. imagine what will happen when he gets hit by a demarcus ware, justin tuck or a trent cole. game over. he's soft, hasnt proven anything but you guys are crowning him king.

I will say, if we see :

1 - Bradford

2 - Suh/McCoy

3 - Suh/McCoy

I think Okung is the obvious choice here. Clausen is just...no. I love Eric Berry but we should see if Landry can get his act together with a new, improved coaching staff before we go breaking the bank on a safety (although Berry will be a good player). Other than that, we'd be reaching. Might as well take Okung at #4 and see if we can grab LeFevour in the second round if our coaching staff has him graded well. I think LeFevour will be graded better than Colt McCoy, so he'd be the pick, although I think it sucks we'd have to use our early second rounder on a mid-to-late 2nd round QB.

Maybe we could trade back our second rounder, which would be a lot easier than our #4 overall pick, and grab LeFevour in the mid 2nd while picking up a third rounder. Couldn't complain there.

The fact is, we need a QB. JC might not be here after this upcoming year. We have one full year where we can have a rookie learn Shanahan's system without being counted on. That is huge and we almost HAVE to grab a QB in the first or second round this year, unless they think they can find some magic in the later rounds. It's the logical thing to do.

Congratulations!!!

It only took you a few posts to immediately qualify for the "Stupidest Things You Have Ever Heard A Fan Say" thread.

It might be a record!

ive been visiting this site for 5 years, im just using a new screen name but i've been around long enuff to know that you are one of the neighborhood idiots. hows your idol Laddell Betts looking? no reply needed[sOUND][/sOUND]

you bradford fans are morons. you cant even explain why he's supposedly better than Clausen and im not supporting the idea of picking Clausen either. i just want someone to break down why Bradford is worthy of being the 1st qb taken? crazy skins fans act like drafting him and bringing him in will make us better. he's been injured twice on slightly hard hits. imagine what will happen when he gets hit by a demarcus ware, justin tuck or a trent cole. game over. he's soft, hasnt proven anything but you guys are crowning him king.

wow is this JC or Clausen??? lol

Bradford is the most accurate passer in college, has the quickest release since Marino, and would have been the #1 pick last year. He hurt his shoulder twice because he didn't get the surgery he should have after the first hit. Remember Brees also had the same injury and look how he turned out :)

ive been visiting this site for 5 years, im just using a new screen name but i've been around long enuff to know that you are one of the neighborhood idiots. hows your idol Laddell Betts looking? no reply needed[sOUND][/sOUND]

so you are afraid to show who you are, and he is right your statement was one of the worst ever......................ever :)

ive been visiting this site for 5 years, im just using a new screen name but i've been around long enuff to know that you are one of the neighborhood idiots. hows your idol Laddell Betts looking? no reply needed

You've been visiting this site for 5 years; but will be banned in 5 minutes at this rate.

What a record!

Archived