Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Carlos Rogers isn't happy with tender

TK

that's not all that Rogers is saying. He said he's upset that he's not free to walk away, which is what he wants.
He would like to be paid, by his original team if possible. Not held to a cheap tender:
They're going to use what they got to keep me here cheap. If you want me there, you could show me. Tendering me is not showing me.

Pretty much the exact same thing a lot of players are complaining about. It's just the usual Rogers bash-fest here.

And can nobody please point to him being in a "doghouse" last year? Who's doghouse was he in? Blache and Cerrato's? That really carries a lot of weight. When Carlos has spoken out before, most of it has been speaking out about Blache and Vinny, the exact same guys most of the fans here railed against all this past season.

The bottom line is this: Carlos is a good cover corner. And he's just expressing concern about this crappy situation the league is going into right now for a lot of players in his position. Maybe he should have kept it to himself, but if a reporter called and asked him, he's only saying the same thing about it that Rocky said, and others around the league.

The bottom line is this: Carlos is a good cover corner. And he's just expressing concern about this crappy situation the league is going into right now for a lot of players in his position.

If he was worth it, he'd have a long term contract. I hope they trade him for whatever they can get. Sign Dunta Robinson. Let someone else have this stone handed, double move biting pass interference machine.

Bruce Allen also has no reason at all to show loyalty to these players. These players need to have the mentality that they need to go out and prove themselves to this new staff. Why should they give him a new contract?

Surprised average players on a losing team feel they are owed something.

I agree. There is a new world order at Redskins Park and EVERYBODY has to prove that they belong on the roster. I don't think they won't get the payday they want,provided they do what is required of them.

Honestly I don't know what Carlos, JC, and McIntosh(who I love) think they would get on the open market ?? Did they not see what happened with Ray Lewis last year and he's an perennial pro bowler, the heart and soul of that Ravens D and has a Superbowl ring..not to mention a 1st ballot h.o.f.

There are 200 guys in the same boat this year. Everybody knew it was coming. Shut up and make your case on the field.

Exactly.

There are 200 guys in the same boat this year. Everybody knew it was coming. Shut up and make your case on the field.

Exactly the point.

They all knew it was coming, but hey at least he got a raise in pay.

Its not as much as he MAY have gotten with another team, but he is getting to play ball and make money.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/carlos-rogers-isnt-happy-with.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Carlos Rogers isn't happy with tender

Much to his dismay, cornerback Carlos Rogers received a first-round tender and is not free to walk away from the Redskins as he would prefer.

"I hate it, man," Rogers said tonight in a phone interview. "That's all I'm going to say. I really don't want to say too much right now. But I don't like it."

As a restricted free agent, Rogers would have become unrestricted, enabling him to leave for any team, if Washington declined to tender him. But with the tender offer, the Redskins retain the right of first refusal if another team offers Rogers a contract. Placing a first-round tender on Rogers might dissuade other teams from pursuing the five-year veteran because they would owe the Redskins a first-round pick as compensation for signing him.

"They know they got me for cheap" because of the restriction, Rogers said. "Of course, they're going to use it. They're going to use what they got to keep me here cheap. If you want me there, you could show me. Tendering me is not showing me.

"That's just making it harder for a team to not come get me. I mean, I think they're going to use all their money on the unrestricted guys. That's what I'm hearing. That's just, you know ... there's nothing I can do about it anyway."

Rogers is among more than 200 players who would have been unrestricted if next season were capped. "It's hard, man, because a lot of guys are in this same situation," Rogers said. "You want to do something about it but you can't."

Rogers also is frustrated about the likelihood of returning to the Redskins because of the dysfunctional nature of the franchise during his time there, he said. "I've seen guys come and go who have been doing it for our team," Rogers said. "And our chemistry just hasn't been there because we just let them guys go that been the core of our team.

"I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I guess we just have to show up whatever the day is for us to show up or whatever it is. But I don't like it, personally. And it's not just me. It's a whole bunch of guys who feel that way."

He need to leather the F up

I disagree, i thing Los has hit his ceiling as far as potential. One of the most coveted aspects of a corner is the ability to catch ints. Sure, he has constantly been in position to get picks, but problem is he just doesn't have the ability to catch. Look at Hall. I think he has more ints as a Skin alone (20 games?), than Los has his entire career here.

You may be right and I may be overly loyal. But that game @ Dallas was huge in '08, and I attribute much of that to Rogers .. as I also attribute a lot of the 6-2 start to Rogers' starting those games.

rogers6a.png

In the NFL you reward the guys who have proven loyal to the team and let the high priced babies walk away and replace them through the draft. Imo Rocky should get a new contract from the team but I don't know if the new regime feels comfortable enough with his knees enough to give him big time money when they could bring someone else in on the cheap who could probably play just as effectively.

Rogers is a dead man walking after opening his mouth yet again to the media, Shanny is not going to put up with this me first attitude and i expect him to be dealt to Seattle or a team like it for a 2nd rounder at some point before the draft.

Hate to keep beating on the same drum but most of this malcontent culture at Redskins Park is all FANBOY's fault. He created this culture of whining spolied millionaires and we can only hope that at this point he is aware that football is a team game and that letting Shanny and Allen run the Skins like an actual pro franchise is his only chance at fielding a winner.

I think what these players don't get is that this year is a proving year and in many respects the team is doing them a favor.

At 4-12, no one really deserves an extention, a raise. They all stunk. Certainly, Carlos stunk. With the tender, everyone is getting a one year do-over with the team. If they do well they can ask for the moon and if the team wants to give it to them great, but if not any team is free to offer them whatever. If they are currently worth the moon, then a draft pick is not going to stop a team on trying to steal them away.

If you could get Peyton Manning and the only thing it would cost you is a first round draft pick, would you hesitate?

as much as i like carlos, his whining has gotten old and hes not this cant replace corner. if we can get a decent pick in return, lets do it. hes also older than a lot of people think. he'll be 29 before the preseason, not to mention hes never even come close to living up to his draft status.

That plus the very possible signing of Dunta Robinson = See ya Carlos.

Archived