Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Carlos Rogers isn't happy with tender

TK

Completely irrelevant to what Rogers is saying.

It's perfectly relevant.

He's whining about what a dire predicament he's in, because "the system is working against him" and he thinks he's worth more than his employer thinks.

My point was that his whining won't go over well.

If all I did was judge this thread, I'd conclude I was accurate.

Oh come on.

Rocky and Rogers get grief because they're expressing the frustration that a lot of players are saying across the league right now?

The system is working against them right now. That's all they're saying.

You see "expressing frustration," and the rest of us see whining.

We also see stupidity. Don't these people realize that initial one-year tenders routinely turn into multi-year deals well before that initial year is up.

The bottom line is that these guys haven't helped us win squat in the NFL, and yet they come across with a sense of entitlement about how they deserve to be re-upped with mega-deals because . . . well, just because, I guess.

And I still haven't seen anybody address what Rogers said about the lack of team chemistry on the Skins.

What's left to say about it? We all know it's true, and most of us despise Snyderatto because of it.

But that's not the central issue here. Carlos has been offered a contract. Who knows what Haslett thinks of him long-term?

But I'm not going to lay our past chemistry problems at the feet of Shanny and Allen.

But Rogers is the one of the easiest targets around here to beat up on. I get that. So clearly, a FA corner who has the same "team issues" and "whining" complex, who's also only a year younger, is the answer.

Same old Redskins, and same old fan mindset.

Poor, poor Carlos. He's so under-appreciated. :ols:

Here you all go, from a Houston Texans fansite:

But Rogers is the one of the easiest targets around here to beat up on. I get that. So clearly, a FA corner who has the same "team issues" and "whining" complex, who's also only a year younger, is the answer.

Same old Redskins, and same old fan mindset.

Robinson is a much better player then Rogers. Rogers is a LB stuck in a CB's body. I also wouldn't use a couple of fan comments to make my point on how good a player is. Thats like judging Campbell off of BLC's post's. :laugh:

id take robinson over rogers for sure, so if were gonna get a deal done with robinson, carlos for a 3rd or 4th works.

Of course you would... Rogers is on our team and Robinson isn't.

Nevermind that Dunta had zero interceptions last year and is an even bigger malcontent than Carlos.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/24/texans-let-dunta-robinson-leave-with-good-reason/

Don't forget the "Pay me Rick" incident on his shoes.

But, maybe he'll come here instead of Carlos and then you can change your mind about him.

Plus, why would we only get a 3rd or 4th if we tendered him for a 1st? He's not going anywhere.

Im tired of hearing grown men cry over getting paid a million plus to play a damn game. I would wipe Dan Snyder's ass daily for life for what Carlos Rogers is going to be paid next year to drop 7 to 10 ints. Yeah you guys deserve to be rewarded with long term deals for going 4-12. All I have to say to all these whiny ****s is SHUT THE **** UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

Robinson is a much better player then Rogers. Rogers is a LB stuck in a CB's body. I also wouldn't use a couple of fan comments to make my point on how good a player is. Thats like judging Campbell off of BLC's post's. :laugh:
Yes, of course, Redskins fans would obviously have a better idea of Robinson's value than Texans fans.

That really makes a lot of sense.

Poor, poor Carlos. He's so under-appreciated. :ols:
I don't think Rogers is All-Pro, but I think he gets a lot of crap around here for dumb things.

Interceptions? Nobody consistently gets interceptions on this team, outside of Sean Taylor in 2007. It just hasn't happened going back to 2004.

Run support? Hall was the one who got juked out by Jake Delhomme. At least Rogers can hit someone.

People always say "oh he hasn't lived up to his draft position," when only Rogers and Corey Webster turned out to be the only two CBs worth talking about from that entire draft.

The guy can't win. Whether it's his hands, speaking out about Vinny or Blache (who most fans disliked too), being associated with Campbell, you name it.

He's completely become the punching bag player for a lot of people around here. A lot of those same people who also loved the idea of giving Hall that big contract. And I'm sure are excited about the idea of bringing in Dunta Robinson if possible.

Like I said- same old Redskins, same old Redskins fan base. Criticize Snyder for some of his decisions but how many people around here just want to dump our guys for the shiny new toy?

I'm not even mad that Carlos feels this way. I actually understand WHY he is upset. But never cry to the media man, that's some weak ish right there imo.

This.

I mean, I understand why he's disgruntled, since he feels like he was scapegoated the past couple of years. It is also frustrating when it comes time for your payday that you are stuck for another year when one injury can end your career.

That being said, you aren't going to get much sympathy when you make more in a year than most people make in a lifetime.

Of course you would... Rogers is on our team and Robinson isn't.

Nevermind that Dunta had zero interceptions last year and is an even bigger malcontent than Carlos.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/24/texans-let-dunta-robinson-leave-with-good-reason/

Don't forget the "Pay me Rick" incident on his shoes.

But, maybe he'll come here instead of Carlos and then you can change your mind about him.

Plus, why would we only get a 3rd or 4th if we tendered him for a 1st? He's not going anywhere.

The grass is always greener with Redskins fans. Let's replace our cheap, solid, homegrown player with a player that is statistically one of the worst at his position demanding a big contract. This sounds like Archuletta over Ryan Clark all over again. Take out Robinson's rookie year and he's just as bad at getting interceptions as Rogers is.

Just as our FO has we as fans undervalue our own players and overvalue the players on other rosters.

this is so funny hearing everybody bash Rogers, while this is exactly the situation that Dunta Robinson has beein in back in Houston.....everybody gets excited about the new guy and how we should sign him but gets mad when one of our own cries about money.

I understand Los being upset. He wants to get paid, I could guarantee any of us if we're in his situation would want the same thing. Bottom line is this if he shuts his mouth and plays big this season, he'll get paid no matter what and most likely by us.

I just don't understand the fan base that can't empathize with Carlos he wants to get paid and why shouldn't he speak out, you know perfectly well come Friday the Brinks truck will open up and Danny's ATM will start flowing.

96 CB's had an interception last year.

Carlos Rogers was not one of them.

We also only had 11 total as a team. Ranking 26th in the league.

Then in 2008, we had 13, ranking 17th.

In 2007, 14 INTs, good enough for 23rd (and 5 or 6 of those were Sean Taylor's).

Of course in 2006, we were dead last, with only 6 INTs.

Interesting trend there that very rarely do any of our corners, safeties, or LBs get INTs.

This is exactly why I get irked with these guys, no matter what they get a 10% raise, its not the end of the world ffs, they havent been disrespected at all. if they wnat, just sign a 1 year deal, play your ass off and get paid next season. My best year for income I made 175 grand and I busted my ass all year long and nobody guareneteed me a 10% raise lol

This.

I mean, I understand why he's disgruntled, since he feels like he was scapegoated the past couple of years. It is also frustrating when it comes time for your payday that you are stuck for another year when one injury can end your career.

That being said, you aren't going to get much sympathy when you make more in a year than most people make in a lifetime.

But who says he's looking for sympathy?

A reporter asked him how he felt about getting tendered. He gave an honest answer.

How many pro athletes do you hear say, "hey, I'm fine with playing for the vet minimum, it's more than what most Americans are being paid in this down economy."

Yes, of course, Redskins fans would obviously have a better idea of Robinson's value than Texans fans.

That really makes a lot of sense.

Well obviously since we are the most knowledgable fans in all of football. Duh. Oh wait, you were being sarcastic. Damn.

But to be serious, my point was that most fans are usually a little extreme. I wouldn't judge a player off of some message board bull****. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I don't think Rogers is All-Pro, but I think he gets a lot of crap around here for dumb things.

You mean like costing his team games by dropping easy interceptions or consistently biting on double moves that wind up being touchdowns? It's not like it's one or two things over the course of his career either. It's constant. I've been waiting since he's been drafted for him to prove his value. And he hasn't.

Interceptions? Nobody consistently gets interceptions on this team, outside of Sean Taylor in 2007. It just hasn't happened going back to 2004.

Are you saying that simply being on this team prevents people from getting interceptions? Why is it that Hall has more INT's in his short time here than Rogers has in his entire career? It's definitely not because QBs avoid throwing his way.

People always say "oh he hasn't lived up to his draft position," when only Rogers and Corey Webster turned out to be the only two CBs worth talking about from that entire draft.

Sounds like a reasonable reason to give him a new contract...

Like I said- same old Redskins, same old Redskins fan base. Criticize Snyder for some of his decisions but how many people around here just want to dump our guys for the shiny new toy?

I want players who don't pull their weight gone. And I certainly don't think Carlos Rogers deserves a long term contract. The new coaching staff and front office doesn't owe him anything. I think it's time to look in a different direction. No question about it. I'd say do it in the draft but this team has quite a few needs.

But who says he's looking for sympathy?

A reporter asked him how he felt about getting tendered. He gave an honest answer.

How many pro athletes do you hear say, "hey, I'm fine with playing for the vet minimum, it's more than what most Americans are being paid in this down economy."

Los is making atleast 2.6 mil. Thats way over the vet min.

Archived