Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

It's possible.

Also, if JC is hearing rumblings in the organazation that the team WILL take a QB with the #4 pick, he may not want to be a one-year lame duck here.

Well, he's a potential lame duck no matter if the Skins draft a QB or not.

As Rocky made pretty clear, being tendered is not something players like to see. There probably wasn't much of an upside in giving Campbell the full tender, since if the team was really sold on him being the future, they would have offered him a contract.

On the other hand, if someone does decide that they want to sign Campbell, they are still in position to draft a QB if they want to. That being said, I'm not sure there will be too many takers for a 1st round pick, particularly since the ones with the most need for him have high 1st round picks.

Trading JC and Drafting QB in the 1st doesn't fix the Oline that much we should all agree on.. As much as some of you really want him gone he IS/WAS our safety net for at least a year to allow us to draft both QB and Oline and make a smooth transition without him and if this next season goes way wrong we can't blame JC it will be Shanny's head on the block. I hope Shanny has a plan for the Line that's all I'm sayn. If we can get a 2nd ok and we use that pick to draft OL then maybe this plan will work.

You know if someone signs Campbell we'll get another 1st round pick, right? You can use that pick to select an OL.

Anyone wonder if McNabb is in Shanny's sites? That could be interesting. They could get Rogers, plus a pick?

If we are targeting a QB with our 1st pick, then I would think that he would go after a guy like Pennington to bring our rookie QB along as fast as possible, Pennington is an apparent genious with no arm on the field.

Longshot its not a GIVEN we will get a 1st the Skins can accept any compensation for JC they just threw out the 1st to open neogiations. Most here would take a 3rd for him I say 2nd. I think us getting a 1st is just that a longshot. I want JC here for the reasons stated but it does look like Shanny is shopping him.

For the Redskins not to tender an additional $100K - $200K for an additional 3rd round pick is not minor.

It is chump money.

What does it mean?

It means that we want Campbell to be in the market.

No team with a brain would give us a 1st and 3rd for Campbell. But, some team with half a brain might give up a # 1 to sign Campbell. If we end up getting a # 1 pick for Campbell, that would be brilliant.

I would be very surprised if anyone gives up a first round pick for Campbell. Especially with Clausen and Bradford in the draft who are going to be 10x the quarterback JC is.

I'm looking at this as something that could have been mutually agreed upon. Given the change happening yet again with this organization, Campbell might have wanted to have an opportunity to leave if the option presented itself. So, they agree on a 1st round tender. I don't take this by itself as a sign that they won't keep Campbell, but without a long term deal forthcoming, I could see Campbell agreeing to something like this, particularly since it costs him little.

There is no agreement. The team tenders what it deems necessary. Campbell has zero input.

I would be very surprised if anyone gives up a first round pick for Campbell. Especially with Clausen and Bradford in the draft who are going to be 10x the quarterback JC is.

Except there are very few teams in position to get either Bradford or Clausen. I think a second is not impossible, but if someone offers you a first you have to take it... and I'm in the pro-Campbell camp.

As Rocky made pretty clear, being tendered is not something players like to see. There probably wasn't much of an upside in giving Campbell the full tender, since if the team was really sold on him being the future, they would have offered him a contract.

The team offered him the minimum possible tender which was 110% of his 2009 salary. For another 100k they could have given him the 1st and 3rd rd tender. They didn't. This is a huge you are done message.

thats not true necessarily. teams can negotiate to lower that pick as long as we agree on it. the whole 1st rounder thing is not set in stone.

Rams 1st Pick is Numero Uno

Rams 2nd Pick = Basically a First Rounder

Rams 3rd Pick = Basically a Second Rounder [And so on and so on]

Please make those guys bite on this...

This is a reasonable offer. Entertain offers but remain steady on the status of our team. We have no QB if Jason leaves. We have no veteran QB to play while a young draft prospect learns if we draft one. So we wont part ways with Campbell unless the offer is to good to refuse

if we draft a QB i dont care if orton starts. hes an upgrade.

but mcdaniels didnt want campbell last year, and he surely wont want him this year.

yeah ... and mcdaniels is one hell of a coach huh? i would trust his judgement. he is hated in denver, flat out.

i just don't see a good replacement for JC if we trade him ... not for 2010.

it does look like Shanny is shopping him.

At this stage, I think the shopping has been done & any prospective trade partners are lined up. The early stage of FA & other trades may will dictate what unfolds, but I think the options for our front office will already be lined up.

Much like the tender on Rocky, this just gives us the cheapest safeguard to retain his services if all of those other options fall through.

I can't see it being any other way, and that is probably the case for most of the 'high-profile' RFA's on the market not getting long term deals.

this would be the best year in recent redskins history in terms of offseasons. getting a real coach, getting a real GM, and ridding ourselves of campbell.

the trifecta would be complete!

Told you it always happens in threes :)

The team offered him the minimum possible tender which was 110% of his 2009 salary. For another 100k they could have given him the 1st and 3rd rd tender. They didn't. This is a huge you are done message.

As I was saying in the other thread earlier. You have to tender him to trade him. As you mention the fact that Danny "monopoly money" Snyder didn't tender another $100K to add the 3rd says they probably already have a deal in the works to move him. The question is to who?

As I was saying in the other thread earlier. You have to tender him to trade him. As you mention the fact that Danny "monopoly money" Snyder didn't tender another $100K to add the 3rd says they probably already have a deal in the works to move him. The question is to who?

hopefully its to the rams for a 3rd or 4th and that alex barron tackle, then they can take one of the premiere DTs for spags, we get bradford, and everything works out nice and pretty.

And I am getting ready for the Easter Bunny.

No need to be all negative about it. :)

It might be that a team is desperate for a QB, and right now, Campbell is arguably the best prospect out there. Now before your ego gets all nutty on me that doesn't mean Campbell is an awesome, elite QB everyone is just dying to get on their team... just that the talent pool is dried up at the position and he may be a team's best option, especially if they're looking to win now and have other pieces in place.

Campbell has proven to be extremely effective and efficient when he has the benefit of a Defense not knowing what is coming next. As long as a team has a solid play caller and can run the ball enough to never become one-dimensional, he can be a solid starter.

So, you never know. It might be a long shot (I honestly believe we can get a 2nd for him), but maybe we get a team willing to part ways with their 1st for him.

Man I regret posting this, lol. Now here comes the "yeah right, lol, hahahaha, candle is not worth a 6th rounder, he sucks!" replies. :beatdeadhorse:

Archived