Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

so whats the next step? we tender him at a 1st round pick and are now able to listen to offers. how long do we have before we can trade him? i guess whats the latest we will know whether he'll be on this team next season?

Well, we can trade him at any point from now until the trade deadline in October. I know the window to sign other teams' RFAs ends the day before the draft, for obvious reasons. So while the team would look to trade him before the draft most likely, they also have the option of dealing him in the preseason if a team's starter falls and they want a trade.

That help at all?

For the Redskins not to tender an additional $100K - $200K for an additional 3rd round pick is not minor.

It is chump money.

What does it mean?

It means that we want Campbell to be in the market.

No team with a brain would give us a 1st and 3rd for Campbell. But, some team with half a brain might give up a # 1 to sign Campbell. If we end up getting a # 1 pick for Campbell, that would be brilliant.

I tell you what it seems like the dominos are all set up just need a gentle push for them to start to fall....anyone know if the tea leaves are matching this sentiment?

Al Davis. I am begging you.

Well, we can trade him at any point from now until the trade deadline in October. I know the window to sign other teams' RFAs ends the day before the draft, for obvious reasons. So while the team would look to trade him before the draft most likely, they also have the option of dealing him in the preseason if a team's starter falls and they want a trade.

That help at all?

exactly what i was looking for. so campbell will pretty much be in limbo. cant wait til they get an interview with him and he starts talking about how he feels like toilet paper again.

@Rich_Campbell

For only $124,750 more, the #Redskins could have tendered Campbell at 1st & 3rd-round level. That speaks volumes.

again, cant wait to see how campbell responds.

**** this.

With Campbell gone, I'll no longer have anything against BLC (not so much anymore), SoCal, mnb123, or wvtbred.

Losing Campbell makes this board worthless. **** you, Snyder!

LOL, youre an awesome dude. ill make sure we have something to ***** and moan about, just give me a week to come up with something, i wont let you down!

:cheers:

I still can't believe he cost us 3 draft picks haha

Especially since the Skins could, most likely, have snagged him with the 2nd round pick (if they had one, I don't remember).

Though, go back to threads in '05. Bubba showed places that had Campbell projected in the 4th.

Question: Say Campbell is moved with an offer of a 2nd rounder, 3rd and a player or whatever; what then? For the people who would be elated if one of those things happened, of course with the end result being that JC moved on to another team; what would be your dream senario for our offense in 2010?

I ask this because we our OL is definitely not going to be fixed by the regular season. So do we throw a rookie to the wolves?

Question: Say Campbell is moved with an offer of a 2nd rounder, 3rd and a player or whatever; what then? For the people who would be elated if one of those things happened, of course with the end result being that JC moved on to another team; what would be your dream senario for our offense in 2010?

I ask this because we our OL is definitely not going to be fixed by the regular season. So do we throw a rookie to the wolves?

We won't get value for JC next season. It's a matter of cost/benefit. If we can get a 2nd then we absolutely should. This team isn't going to all of a sudden be awesome in one year so we need to stack up the picks.

I can't wait to see Campbell play for another team and get to see him occasionally on TV. :yikes:

And, when I see him make the exact same mistakes he was making here, I can cheer that I have not had to see the same thing every game, week in a week out. :cheers:

So I guess Shanny is thinking we go the JETS route and win with a BLITZING D and a Rookie QB under center leaning on a strong running game. I'm a JC guy but I'm not blind that tender is begging for a call on the river that being said if we can get a 2ND then you have to make the deal. If Shanny has JC graded as a 3rd then he has to have the other QB's on the team rated lower (if you think otherwise your crazy) so if JC is gone we have to sign a backup...for the Rook.

If JC is moved, I hope Shanny and company are quite sure they can get a QB (preferably Bradford) at 4. Cause if we do move JC and can't land a QB, we're pretty much stuck with our thumbs up our ***es. I mean who are we gonna play, Colt?

Dream scenario, trade JC for the best offer given. Draft Bradford in April. Pickup up a vet QB Shanny is familiar and comfortable with, and start him until Bradford is ready.

If JC is moved, I hope Shanny and company are quite sure they can get a QB (preferably Bradford) at 4. Cause if we do move JC and can't land a QB, we're pretty much stuck with our thumbs up our ***es. I mean who are we gonna play, Colt?

Dream scenario, trade JC for the best offer given. Draft Bradford in April. Pickup up a vet QB Shanny is familiar and comfortable with, and start him until Bradford is ready.

pretty sure thats the goal. and if they stock pile some extra picks, they might use them to move UP and grab bradford if they feel the rams are gonna take him.

**** this.

With Campbell gone, I'll no longer have anything against BLC (not so much anymore), SoCal, mnb123, or wvtbred.

Losing Campbell makes this board worthless. **** you, Snyder!

Don't worry, they will most certainly find someone else to moan and complain about every 3 posts. It's already starting with the Free Agency rumors (Peppers) and whatnot. Don't forget that Campbell has simply been their most recent (though pretty long-standing) obsession.

And don't you even question this: If Shanahan starts off slow and loses the first two-three games, there will be constant second-guessing of absolutely everything he's done this offseason! I guarantee it. ;)

We won't get value for JC next season. It's a matter of cost/benefit. If we can get a 2nd then we absolutely should. This team isn't going to all of a sudden be awesome in one year so we need to stack up the picks.
I understand that part and I don't necessarily disagree. But that doesn't really answer my question.:)

Archived