Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN via Adam Schefter: 1st round tender on Jason

mnb123

I can't wait to see Campbell play for another team and get to see him occasionally on TV. :yikes:

And, when I see him make the exact same mistakes he was making here, I can cheer that I have not had to see the same thing every game, week in a week out. :cheers:

Or he could go the route of so many others to leave DC and burn us.

I'll be interested to see who would bite on this. All the talk of St Louis taking a QB doesn't change. I doubt Spagnuolo would make a deal for him. And if the rumors of McNabb hitting the market are true, that would easily replace JC as the top available QB.

Wait, so this means that we would get a 1st round pick for him if somebody wanted to trade for him? Im lost with this "tender" term

Basically if a team wants to sign him they can but they give us their first round pick. But we can trade him for less. Lets say the Raiders offer us a 2nd we can accept that and he'll be traded to them for a 2nd.

So I guess Shanny is thinking we go the JETS route and win with a BLITZING D and a Rookie QB under center leaning on a strong running game. I'm a JC guy but I'm not blind that tender is begging for a call on the river that being said if we can get a 2ND then you have to make the deal. If Shanny has JC graded as a 3rd then he has to have the other QB's on the team rated lower (if you think otherwise your crazy) so if JC is gone we have to sign a backup...for the Rook.

The only difference is the Jets have the best OL in the league.

Question: Say Campbell is moved with an offer of a 2nd rounder, 3rd and a player or whatever; what then? For the people who would be elated if one of those things happened, of course with the end result being that JC moved on to another team; what would be your dream senario for our offense in 2010?

I ask this because we our OL is definitely not going to be fixed by the regular season. So do we throw a rookie to the wolves?

in my eyes 2010 is a transition season, and i have low expectations record wise. we're in the process of overhauling both sides of the ball, so things are probably going to be rough regardless.

ship campbell for whatever we can get, let a vet or even colt take a beating behind an improved (but still not fixed) o-line next season. then let the rook take control in 2011 when the o-line should be in much better shape

I'm looking at this as something that could have been mutually agreed upon. Given the change happening yet again with this organization, Campbell might have wanted to have an opportunity to leave if the option presented itself. So, they agree on a 1st round tender. I don't take this by itself as a sign that they won't keep Campbell, but without a long term deal forthcoming, I could see Campbell agreeing to something like this, particularly since it costs him little.

Dream scenario, trade JC for the best offer given. Draft Bradford in April. Pickup up a vet QB Shanny is familiar and comfortable with, and start him until Bradford is ready.
That's what I was real curious about. That makes the most sense to me.

Now, the big question is what QB is out there that Shanahan would want to run his offense? Hmmm.

Basically if a team wants to sign him they can but they give us their first round pick. But we can trade him for less. Lets say the Raiders offer us a 2nd we can accept that and he'll be traded to them for a 2nd.

Word, preciate it.

in my eyes 2010 is a transition season, and i have low expectations record wise. we're in the process of overhauling both sides of the ball, so things are probably going to be rough regardless.

ship campbell for whatever we can get, let a vet or even colt take a beating behind an improved (but still not fixed) o-line next season. then let the rook take control in 2011 when the o-line should be in much better shape

Hmmm, maybe J. Garcia is available.

Or he could go the route of so many others to leave DC and burn us.

I'll be interested to see who would bite on this. All the talk of St Louis taking a QB doesn't change. I doubt Spagnuolo would make a deal for him. And if the rumors of McNabb hitting the market are true, that would easily replace JC as the top available QB.

In order to burn us he would have to posses a flame thrower, JC doesn't even posses a flint rock.

Because since his salary was more than the 1st and 3rd tender, he gets 110% of what his base was last year.

Right. So they can offer more money than a 1st/3rd but still call it just a first round offer? Doesn't that seem weird?

Nevermind...got my answer. 3rd would have been another 100,000.

I'm looking at this as something that could have been mutually agreed upon. Given the change happening yet again with this organization, Campbell might have wanted to have an opportunity to leave if the option presented itself. So, they agree on a 1st round tender. I don't take this by itself as a sign that they won't keep Campbell, but without a long term deal forthcoming, I could see Campbell agreeing to something like this, particularly since it costs him little.

It's possible.

Also, if JC is hearing rumblings in the organazation that the team WILL take a QB with the #4 pick, he may not want to be a one-year lame duck here.

Trading JC and Drafting QB in the 1st doesn't fix the Oline that much we should all agree on.. As much as some of you really want him gone he IS/WAS our safety net for at least a year to allow us to draft both QB and Oline and make a smooth transition without him and if this next season goes way wrong we can't blame JC it will be Shanny's head on the block. I hope Shanny has a plan for the Line that's all I'm sayn. If we can get a 2nd ok and we use that pick to draft OL then maybe this plan will work.

Archived